It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Zuckerburg covers his pc camera and audio jack with tape.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This just confirms what almost everybody knows. Our pc's can spy on us. Smart move by the Zuck-man.

After posting the photo online, several Internet users spotted and pointed out the tape covering his camera and audio jack on his Macbook at his desk. It's rumored that skilled hackers are able to take over the front facing cameras on laptops when they're not covered up. It appears as though Zuckerberg, who is worth $35.7billion, is trying to prevent that from happening by placing a piece of tape over his camera, making the webcam useless.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

If it is good enough for Agent Zuckerberg, it is good enough for Me...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Depending on the date, his anti hacking measure didnt work that well..

However, either way this is one of those applicable 'follow the leader' concepts.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

What's the point in covering the audio/microphone jack ? neither are capable of capturing audio without a connected speaker/microphone

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

What's the point in covering the audio/microphone jack ? neither are capable of capturing audio without a connected speaker/microphone

Yeah, maybe he's saving jars of pee by this point as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The camera is covered with see-through scotch tape as well.

I guess Mark isn't so smart afterall.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Uncover all devices because then with Windows 10 sending everything to the NSA, you will have every right to condemn every NSA worker to hell for eternity.

So if they read my computer and lock me up for simply going onto a conspiracy website, then i will have every right to send them all to hell on Judgement Day.

They have only just realized that Windows 10 is a double edged sword as they read these keypresses.

Not very smart are they. LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The camera is covered with see-through scotch tape as well.

I guess Mark isn't so smart afterall.

Looks more like silver gaffers tape to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Just uninstall the webcam? For a smart guy, he seems pretty stupid. The audio jack cover makes no sense, laptops have built-in microphones, so that won't help him. I'm seriously starting to doubt that Mark invented FB. FB was probably made by the FBI/NSA and Mark is just the face of 'data collectors inc'.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

tape over the camera is a good idea

for the mic, I'd get a jack(just the jack) - and plug it in to disable the internal mic.
tape on a jack isn't doing anything but proving you're clueless

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Or maybe hes been privy to more than we have. God knows what kind of technology 'they' have. If zuck is covering the audio jack, Id want to know why.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

If he has tape over the audio jack, all it means is he can't plug jack into the hole.

Tape cover works good for video, not so much for audio....try it on your cellphone if you don't believe me.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
If they're watching me through my webcam they'd probably be bored of me by now, since all they'd be getting is a guy in his underwear drinking vodka.
edit on 22-6-2016 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Vector99

Or maybe its the microphone and not the audio jack?

link   
No idea how well see thru tape does? guess it would still scramble your face etc,,may as well use a proxy app that makes you be anywhere in the world/IP by turning off locations on your phone or laptop.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I have had people hack the camera on my computer (they showed me) so every once in a while I get overly paranoid and have to put a sticky note over my camera.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

put a piece of tape over the mic on your phone and see if your phone can no longer hear you.

edit on 22-6-2016 by Vector99 because: words were wrong

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Yeah, maybe he's saving jars of pee by this point as well.

LOL Bedlam! That's classic!

I've been thinking about writing a song about the piss jug, now you are inspiring me more.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
And Steve Jobs didn't allow his children to have an iPhone. I think these guys are trying to tell us something.

“So, your kids must love the iPad?” I asked Mr. Jobs, trying to change the subject. The company’s first tablet was just hitting the shelves. “They haven’t used it,” he told me. “We limit how much technology our kids use at home.”

Steve Jobs Was a Low-Tech Parent

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
He probably uses the webcam and mic along for skype style meetings so farting around with installing/uninstalling drivers etc may not be the way he operates and probably he won't have admin rights anyway to mess around.

Its the cheap and cheerful method of getting the job done and doing physical alterations inside macs is a PITA normally if there was to be some switch to allow/disallow it physically.

Its not going to stop anyone remotely hacking the system but it won't be much use listening to kenny from southpark and seeing some rough cloud like shape moving around. If the spooks want to know what he's saying and doing they'll just bug his office the old fashioned way but i'd imagine 99% of what he says would put the most rabid facebook fan to sleep.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join