It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well this is idiotic

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Sorry about the wrong assumption--I really hate when I do that, as I berate others who do it to me.

Maybe I misread the original comment to which you were responding, as I thought it was referencing that the caliber of the bullet (not the power of the round) was basically identical, which they are.

Again, I apologize for the assumption.

Also, I posted a few links in this thread about the lethality of the .22lr round--only people who don't research statistics think that anything less than a .380 is a terrible EDC caliber. I personally carry a 9mm everyday (swapped from a .40...wanted more rounds in the mag), but I wouldn't be opposed to a .22lr pistol if that's all I felt comfortable having.

Here's the link, with some good graphs and references as to why a .22lr is not a bad choice for an EDC weapon: The Truth About Guns.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Oh, I get it--I used to fire 5.56 rounds when I was in the Army, and I have both a .223/5.56 AR-15 and a .22 rifle now that I'm in the civilian world.

The point of velocity, mass, and total penetration and ability to pass through obstacles and still hit the target are well known facts to this fella.

However, I have not been stung by either, and I hope to keep it that way...I'll take your word on the feeling.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wow, ATS is getting overrun with chicken # little tykes with no real world experience at anything other than through their media puke boxes.

So now everyone is supposed to be all scared of any kind of gun at all?, not just the scary looking ones that are just like any other firearm and don't do anything more than any other semi-automatic weapon....

I can read this crap on Facebook, all of the ignorant people on there just get my blood boiling sometimes with post similar to this one.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Here's the link, with some good graphs and references as to why a .22lr is not a bad choice for an EDC weapon: The Truth About Guns.

I disagree,unless you are an excellent shot .22LR is a terrible choice,most guns in .22LR aren't any smaller than a .380 except for the NAA mini revolvers,so why not have the extra power of the .380.
.22LR is deadly like all bullets but the smaller and weaker a round you go the more shot placement becomes important,especially with .22LR and .25 acp. I wouldn't feel bad carrying a .22 or .25 if it was all I had but I do have better guns for the job,a great example is the Sig Sauer 938,it weighs the same as its .380 equivalent and is just slightly longer I believe it is the smallest 9mm currently in production.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I just got back to this thread and it so full of BS and drama it's unreal. God lord, such absurdity it boggles the mind. GROW UP. Join the 21 Century, and you

The personal attacks towards me on this thread are disgusting. You are on the wrong side of history, I don't want to shred the constitution, and your condescension is beyond the pale, not to mention grossly displaced.

You want terrorists to have guns? Well you got it. Congratulations.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You want terrorists to have guns? Well you got it. Congratulations.

Guns are simple machines, basic machine guns could be made just about anywhere there is hand tools and the know how. Many have the delusion that banning guns will make over 250 million guns disappear from the U.S. ,when in fact there will be many still around and lot will be made in peoples garages and workshops.Even if you searched every house as illegal as that would be you still wouldn't find all of them,not to mention many people will lie and say they got rid of them/sold them/never had any and you won't know who is lying and who is not.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Well, he won't have a problem getting the booze and the dirty mag now that he has that gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join