It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO's Fukushima meltdown apology: "It was a cover-up"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The utility that ran the Fukushima nuclear plant acknowledged Tuesday its delayed disclosure of the meltdowns at three reactorswas tantamount to a cover-up and apologized for it.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. President Naomi Hirose's apology followed the revelation last week that an investigation had found Hirose's predecessor instructed officials during the 2011 disaster to avoid using the word "meltdown."

"I would say it was a cover-up," Hirose told a news conference. "It's extremely regrettable."
LINK

I realize Alex Jones isn't well regarded among many here but he did a great job of reporting on the Fukushima disaster immediately after it happened. Watch the video below starting at 4:20. Jones said, "They know full well with the design that it blew [the fuel rods] sky high." It's a case study to me in how the "alternative media" is what you want to pay attention to when any major news story is breaking. I believe the "alternative media" is often coerced later but in cases such as the video below, you can get unadulterated truth.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It's a case study to me in how the "alternative media" is what you want to pay attention to when any major news story is breaking.

But here's the Rub - even an official case study would never be disemmanated as TPTB need the sheeple to take the Detour they paved; otherwise you'd end up at The Boulevard of Truth, and that just can't happen.

And anyways, I feel smug knowing that the path I chose lead here. There's something righteous about it...let the rest find their own way, or just keep following the herd.

Evolution comes in many forms...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
No, Alex Jones doesn't deserve the credit for ensuring the truth about Fukushima got out, it was all ATS!
That event was a total re-birth of ATS, with a good mix of reporting/leaks and debunking/confirmation in the related thread that started moments after the Tsunami happened.

Allegedly, even MSM had people lurking on ATS to find out what was really going-on.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

Concerning the clip in the original post, I wrote:

"It's a case study to me in how the 'alternative media' is what you want to pay attention to when any major news story is breaking."

I consider major conspiracy forums such as ATS to be "alternative media." When I pointed to Alex Jones' reporting as a case study, I did it because it's a vivid yet brief example. Sure, a 10-page thread could expose the same points but who has time to read a 10-page thread about something that happened over 5 years ago?

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: Profusion

It's a case study to me in how the "alternative media" is what you want to pay attention to when any major news story is breaking.

But here's the Rub - even an official case study would never be disemmanated as TPTB need the sheeple to take the Detour they paved; otherwise you'd end up at The Boulevard of Truth, and that just can't happen.

I believe that Alex Jones is part of the detour TPTB paved. He does have the ability to give an accurate and enlightening analysis of much of what's happening in the world. When he uses his ability to do good (such as the clip in the original post), he can be one of the best sources around in my opinion.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

top topics

join