It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulse Nightclub Shooter Spurned by Boyfriends, ‘Did it for Revenge’

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It will be very sad to see how fast interest in this tragedy fails when (or if) it is shown that it was primarily a hate crime rather than RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM™.

Good find.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

People are trying to rationalize his irrational actions by saying he was a spurned by a gay lover. He clearly stated his motivations and that is why he massacred American citizens under the influence extremist Islamic terrorism. What people don't get, is that, these are the very types of people radical Islam gets a hold of and provokes them to commit these acts.

I totally get that... Which is exactly why it's so very important to understand how and why such personal issues can and will be exploited and manipulated by radical Islam (and others) for evil ends. Ignoring the root causes of his radicalization is downright foolish.

Forewarned is forearmed.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It will be very sad to see how fast interest in this tragedy fails when (or if) it is shown that it was primarily a hate crime rather than RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM™.

I really REALLY hope you're wrong about that. So many hurt, so many killed, so many people grieving and trying to pick up the pieces...

Good find.

Thanks -- but I can't take the credit. DerBeobachter posted it in another one of my threads, and I just brought it over here

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
www.upi.com...

ORLANDO, Fla., June 22 (UPI) -- Omar Mateen, the gunman who killed 49 people in the Orlando Pulse nightclub shooting, bought plane tickets to California for his family two days before massacre.

This keeps getting odder and odder.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That is very odd...

Did he actually think he was getting out of there alive? Without body armor??? Or did something happen after buying the tickets to make the decision to attack the club?

Hmmm...

SM2

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: mkultra11

People are trying to rationalize his irrational actions by saying he was a spurned by a gay lover. He clearly stated his motivations and that is why he massacred American citizens under the influence extremist Islamic terrorism. What people don't get, is that, these are the very types of people radical Islam gets a hold of and provokes them to commit these acts.

I totally get that... Which is exactly why it's so very important to understand how and why such personal issues can and will be exploited and manipulated by radical Islam (and others) for evil ends. Ignoring the root causes of his radicalization is downright foolish.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Hey lookie there, we agree!

SM2

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

That is very odd...

Did he actually think he was getting out of there alive? Without body armor??? Or did something happen after buying the tickets to make the decision to attack the club?

Hmmm...

If he thought he was getting away, why then did he sign over his home to a family member ?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

That is very odd...

Hmmm...

I think he was living in at least two totally separate "worlds" in his head.

The more we hear, the more evidence seems to exist for an actual (and recent) psychotic break.

SM2

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

let's not forget that he actually attempted to purchase level 3 body armor, the gun shop refused the sale and tipped off the FBI.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SM2

Hey lookie there, we agree!

Miracles really do happen!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SM2

If he thought he was getting away, why then did he sign over his home to a family member ?

Good question. The article mentioned a two-week trip, so I'm assuming that means he bought round-trip tickets... He might have bought the tickets before deciding to attack the club, which would indicate something happened to trigger him. Or maybe the trip to mom's was just a way to throw authorities off track, and he intended to go elsewhere...

I don't know... But I'll bet if we did know, it would explain much about other things as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

He bought tickets for he and his family.
Too bad they did not take him alive and with no autopsy done most likely we will not know what was wrong with him. Aside from what he shared with the 911 operators.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I think he was living in at least two totally separate "worlds" in his head.

The more we hear, the more evidence seems to exist for an actual (and recent) psychotic break.

I think you're right. I used the term "Jekyll and Hyde" early in the thread to describe his seeming double life, that may be more true than I even realized. I get the feeling he was living "on the edge" so to speak for some time and something happened that push him over that edge -- maybe a combination of things.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

He bought tickets for he and his family.
Too bad they did not take him alive and with no autopsy done most likely we will not know what was wrong with him. Aside from what he shared with the 911 operators.

Right. The mother-in-law is in poor health. They were planning to spend a couple of weeks if I remember the story.

Has anyone heard anything about Mateen's child? I hope he's in some sort of protective custody.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

... maybe a combination of things.

That is the fact that we should take away.

The fact that this is a hate crime doesn't take away from the dangers of domestic terrorism.

The fact that this is domestic terrorism doesn't take away from the dangers of hate crimes.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SM2

let's not forget that he actually attempted to purchase level 3 body armor, the gun shop refused the sale and tipped off the FBI.

Very true. I was half expecting that others would come forward and say he had tried to purchase body armor from them also, but that hasn't happened. So did he just give up on the armor? Did he try elsewhere and they just aren't talking? Did something change and he had to do it before getting the armor?

It seems that every new "fact" just brings up more questions!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Aside from the teachings of islam is there any evidence of a "hate" crime?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I see. So, Mateen was a racist(hated latinos) homophobe (who liked blow jobs though) who was scared he had HIV after hooking up with this guy over 60 times?

So, he purchased weapons and tried to purchase body armor to.....what? Protect him from...death? Why would someone come up with a story to cover his life? If it was true it would come out.

Not to mention the numerous reports of him stalking women. I have not read any about stalking guys.

There are direct connections between his job, a mosque, radical imams and fighters who died overseas but we are going to go on the word of someone in a prosthetic? What is the fear if he is dead?

Please answer why hide your face?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Has anyone heard anything about Mateen's child? I hope he's in some sort of protective custody.

The last I heard, he was with Mateen's parents after the wife disappeared. I read yesterday that Loretta Lynch said she knew the mother/wife was planning to travel, but didn't know where... and she seemed totally unconcerned about that which seems rather odd as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Aside from the teachings of islam is there any evidence of a "hate" crime?

hate crime
noun

a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join