It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Report Exposing Cover-Up of Fukushima Proves Conspiracy Theorists Right

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What get's me is the still total lack of outrage over the event, it's not like it has stopped or anything.. The moment in time when Tepco requested a media blackout and the Government went along with it, there was enough info from free peace and other sources for the world to step in and try and do something, the French were for it, Russia knew how bad it was, China at least made attempts to ban a lot of imported items... But the US held out, a few stern words, some strange offers of help (one simply has to dig back to look at the US Navy barges and what they actually did). But ask the crew of the Navy ships that were there, look at reports of how many of those sailors got sick after the fact, yeah if only people knew the truth still..

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Onesmartdog

The worst part is that the Fukushima meltdown is still affecting the Pacific ocean, and it is most probably already affecting coast lines, and flora and fauna in the Pacific.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I use to follow that huge Japan thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kudo's to those that contributed !

Thank you.

Now they come 'clean' . From now on they can claim they said it all along. Now that its convenient to confess, now that its too late. Thank you very much Tep-- I mean GE.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
@Phage: Is it possible to do 'cold shutdown' of melted core? Its IMHO contradictio in adjecto.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I feel the word "shill" is overused. However, i had gotten the impression that there were many shills working with the cover-up of fukishima. It was either compltely downplayed like it was no biggie. Or it was utterly overplayed, like the world was going to end soon.

I don't think people realize that overplaying a subject can be a form of misinformation. If I was a shill, that it how I would operate.

Blast the internet with videos and posts about how everybody on the U.S. west coast will get cancer in 1-2 years. Then when it doesn't happen, people think fukishima conspiracy theorist are all nuts.

It works with every conspiracy. Tell people that the queen of england is a reptillian alien. Then when someone says they believe in UFOs, a person will reply, "i bet you think all the leaders are lizard people too!".

Well, I can agree with you on that aspect.

But, some things to consider.
Why would the EPA's radiation monitors suddenly stopped monitoring? I kept a close eye on those stations.

Little something to read.

www.agreenroadjournal.com...

WALL STREET JOURNAL; MOST RADIATION SENSORS IN MAJOR CITIES TURNED OFF 'BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK, RIGHT AFTER 3/11 FUKUSHIMA MEGA NUCLEAR DISASTER vital1 October 19, 2015 Radiation Sensors in Major U.S. Cities Turned Off Because They Don’t Work Extracts: A national radiation-monitoring system enhanced after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks isn’t working as intended, with nearly three-quarters of stations not checking for a type of radiation in real time, including ones in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. www.wsj.com... Finally some MSM comment, years late, but better late than never.

www.wsj.com... 99 OUT OF 135 RADIATION MONITORING STATIONS WERE COMPLETELY TURNED OFF! Instead of keeping them turned on having at least partial data, why were they completely turned off at the worst of the Fukushima fallout period? These monitoring stations include multiple detectors, testing for alpha, beta and gamma radiation. It is totally impossible for multiple detectors to all be 'broken' at the same time in the same monitoring station, across 99 stations. At the very least, this is total incompetence, but at worst, it is obscene, criminal cover up of genocide via radiation poisoning, withholding of evidence and participating in the crime as an accomplice. MULTIPLE SOURCES REPORT EPA SHUT OFF THEIR RADIATION MONITORS, IT WAS NOT THAT THEY WERE 'BROKEN'

Waiting for the rest of the world to fess up also.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Never heard about the monitering stations turning off. Maybe fukishima is part the grand depopulation plan.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Never heard about the monitering stations turning off. Maybe fukishima is part the grand depopulation plan.

Yes, they did turn them off. Then we had citizen scientists buying they're own gieger counters monitoring the situation.

But, it might have been known a little better if this thread wasn't closed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I feel the word "shill" is overused. However, i had gotten the impression that there were many shills working with the cover-up of fukishima. It was either compltely downplayed like it was no biggie. Or it was utterly overplayed, like the world was going to end soon.

I don't think people realize that overplaying a subject can be a form of misinformation. If I was a shill, that it how I would operate.

Blast the internet with videos and posts about how everybody on the U.S. west coast will get cancer in 1-2 years. Then when it doesn't happen, people think fukishima conspiracy theorist are all nuts.

It works with every conspiracy. Tell people that the queen of england is a reptillian alien. Then when someone says they believe in UFOs, a person will reply, "i bet you think all the leaders are lizard people too!".

I have got to wonder, if all the world's nuclear plants melted down, how close would we be to the world ending then? (Or rather, how many would it take to make Society spiral?)

If only we could have used Thorium all along, considering all the disasters!
edit on 23-6-2016 by StarAtomizer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This disaster will be affecting the earth biosphere detrimentally well into our grandchildren's grandchildren's grandchildren's lives.

All sorts of unique lifeforms could be eventually eradicated when all the dominoes eventually fall.

The main problem here is - there are more nuclear disasters on the horizon just waiting to happen, and they will happen. Soon.

We really ought to have a global initiative to decommission the vast majority of the reactors pronto. That's our best hope right now.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
This disaster will be affecting the earth biosphere detrimentally well into our grandchildren's grandchildren's grandchildren's lives.

All sorts of unique lifeforms could be eventually eradicated when all the dominoes eventually fall.

The main problem here is - there are more nuclear disasters on the horizon just waiting to happen, and they will happen. Soon.

We really ought to have a global initiative to decommission the vast majority of the reactors pronto. That's our best hope right now.

I agree with you.

We have plenty of renewable resources available now.
The only thing holding it all back is the money flow.
Solar and wind far less dangerous and far less of an impact on the enviroment.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Solar and wind far less dangerous and far less of an impact on the enviroment.

The wind doesn't always blow and the Sun doesn't always shine.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There are a lot of alternatives to explore. Also I'd even prefer traditional methods with new technology to reduce their polluting effects as opposed to the current network of nuclear reactors.

We have no satisfactory capability to effectively deal with meltdowns or to cleanup radioactive dispersals over vast territory and I'm afraid that technological feat is many centuries in the future.

Also, people waste a lot of energy. Maybe 90%+ of consumed electric is completely wasted.

Lights are still left on all night in empty buildings for tons of reasons, some understandable others from plain forgetfulness.

Air conditioning runs continually and doors are left open at many businesseses costing untold amounts, and I've even seen parking garages are cooled to excessive degrees.

Over years entire cities end up using way more electric than necessary, and I barely mentioned all of the ways this happens.

The solution to our problem here is multifaceted and incredibly complicated, and requries a conservation effort society wide.

And there are many other forms of pollution to tackle as well, and we have old waste dumps to clean up and process into something more benign.

Really, to be honest, I don't see how it's gonna work unless everyone desires something better and chooses to actively participate on some level. We have to advance to the next age of civilization.

Environmentalism is likely one of the keystone ideologies of that next age, if we reach it. We are overpopulated, under educated, negligent, and wasteful.

I'd Love to see an Ecotopia one day but I just don't see humanity being focused or determined enough to make it happen. It's very cynical of me but I'm also being realistic in realizing it's very unlikely. Our grandchildren will not thank us for dropping the ball here at this most critical juncture.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash
I agree with you.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Talk about a broadside!

You hit with every barrel and have also shown that a long absence has not dulled your keen and perceptive intellect.

I had high hopes for our future when I was younger but those have longe since been dashed upon the rocks of greed and corruption that seem to infest every level of government from local city councils on up to our federal beast.

And that doesn't even touch what goes on in the private sector amongst the megacorporations.

Regards nuclear power, how anyone could think that using something which has a dangerous byproduct that has to be dealt with for longer than civilization has been acknowledged to have been in existence was a good idea is beyond me.

Scientists have done studies on how to communicate the dangers of nuclear waste in the event that society completely collapses and arises again not understanding our current language and symbols.

Let that sink in for a minute.

What was done with the story of Fukushima?

Yes we see a few places that a meltdown was briefly discussed, but by and large the general public think it has been fixed if they even know of it at all.

By the way, Where is the Part 1 thread, please?
edit on 25-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: where is part one?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thank you, I've been studying and researching all sorts of things.

Don't give up Hope just yet, we still have a chance.

Although they are still mere Dreams, I saw another world while I slept, and I believe we can create it one day - if we decide we really want it. It won't be easy but nothing good is ever easy.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'll make some threads about this stuff one day but I'm still working towards solving my immediate issues currently so lack the time to just sit down a whole day and focus on something like that.

This is a post that really doesn't fit anywhere until I make that thread (if I ever get around to it), but it's partially inspired by Fukushima and the way the world wasn't able to handle it appropriately. There's a lot of other sources of inspiration but this disaster and how it affected my beliefs and conceptions was integral to the development of what is entailed in this line of thought...

For this post I'll give an idea of where I'd like to take one of those threads:

Now most of you are probably familiar with this book but I'll post it just in case -

Wiki link

Callenbach said that his Ecotopians attach fundamental importance to environmental and social stability within which variety can flourish. They value creativity. They ensure equality for women. They implement the protection and restoration of natural systems. They promote food production in their cities.

As well, they treasure personal quality-of-life values, such as health and friendliness, and both meaningful discussion and play.[1]

Callenbach began writing the novel by depicting the recycling of valuable materials and substances by the society; he saw a much-expanded role for recycling of all sorts, and this is key to many concepts underpinning Ecotopia.

What I'll present is sorta my own manifesto that is only loosely incorporating some of the concepts in that book, I'll mix them with stuff from Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau, even Confucius, among others and aim to present my own vision of an...

I wanna use some graphics to serve as breaks in my text and to engage the brain in various ways as I think it can be effective to convey the message and generate critical debate.

I'll suggest we need a new revamping of the ...

Where I'll aim to merge some ideas that usually don't get along very well...

For example I believe in that future world, religious philosophy can

with itself and most importantly, with

and I'll try to include all the important terminology that's been left out of the prior Contract, like...

It'll be simple math anyone could figure out...

Maybe all of these bad things happening today can turn into something really wonderful tomorrow as we humans decide we had enough of all of these problems and don't wanna live in our radioactive feces any longer?

Where a brain still functions properly, nothing it conceives is impossible. Don't forget that.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That's really a shame about the energy waste... Having automatic shutoff for the lights could work wonders in some cases. Automation would help in other ways.

I'm also interested in how much power today's devices draw, and if they can be further streamlined.

What could the next stage of our existence look like? I cannot even imagine it. But I too feel pessimistic...

Thanks for letting us know about that book, by the way...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: StarAtomizer

I keep up with the elections only a little bit...

Have any of the candidates spoke about Fukushima or nuclear power issues in general? Do you know?

I'd hope such a topic would be a major discussion since it actually affects everyone, and so many changes could be made at the DoE and NRC. Little things could go a long way...

Oh who am I kidding.
Of course they probably don't even care...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join