It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Golden Milk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Apparently, this drink known as Golden Milk is all the rage and it's only been around for centuries. Have you heard of it? Golden Milk: a combination of Tumeric, coconut milk, and sometimes coconut oil...? There are several health benefits to this drink because of its ingredients including: anti-inflammation, digestive help, disease prevention, and weight loss among others.

Used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine, golden milk is a combination of the powerful spice turmeric, coconut milk, and sometimes coconut oil. Black pepper is often added (in small amounts) to increase the bioavailability of (i.e., your body's ability to absorb) the superspice turmeric. Creamy and spicy, soothing and warm — this delicious drink is more than just a tasty treat. Rich in electrolytes and digestive-aiding properties, your body is going to love every sip. Benefits of Turmeric: Turmeric's benefits are so good, one 2013 study said it's almost too good to be true. The anti-inflammatory spice has "shown therapeutic potential against a number of human diseases," including cancer and could even help with Alzheimer's. Because of the reduced inflammation, turmeric can also help with gas, bloating, and digestive discomfort, and some studies have mentioned its help with weight loss. Also, some studies and sites have shown that turmeric has antidepressant properties, leading to better moods, less stress, better sleep, and improved brain health. Benefits of Coconut Oil: Similarly, coconut oil can help with digestion and gut health, thanks to its antimicrobial properties (which come from good fatty acids, MCFAs). The healthy fats can also raise your good cholesterol, HDL. Benefits of Coconut Milk: Did you know that coconut milk can also help with digestion? It "nourishes the digestive lining" with natural electrolytes and healthy fats, which can improve gut health and help with IBS. Like turmeric, it can help reduce inflammation and even aid in weight loss. MCTs, another kind of fatty acid, are found in coconut milk and help with physical performance — allowing you to build muscle and lose fat. Ready to mix up a batch? We like flavoring with a little honey or agave and sometimes a bit of vanilla bean or vanilla extract, cinnamon, and ginger. You'll be sweetly sipping your way to health in no time!

This sounds great and it has many health benefits. So lets order a round of Golden Milk; drinks are on me! What says ATS?

www.popsugar.com...
edit on 21-6-2016 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Arthritis sufferers, pay attention! Turmeric is truly your best friend.

I am a R.A. patient and found my way to the blissful relief, not cure, but the lessening of the pain caused by systemic inflammation nature of R.A.

Golden milk is 24 karat beneficial.
As is bone broth. (thanks, friend )

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Oh bs, I'm an herbalist for 23 years. Gaia Herbs is just trying to reinvent a combination intended for the far south east.

It's anti inflammatory, provides omega 3 fatty acids, pretty much it, but hey if ya want to pay twice what its worth, I'll sell it to ya

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

You're dead wrong. There are countless types of rheumatism. Dot give people help regarding things you're unsure of.

Turmeric is a great herb for food and medicine, but if you don't have clinical experience please don't offer medical advice.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Um, yeah, it does work wonders and I am not an herbalist.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

You presume I am both dead and not a physician.

Your opinions do not merit further response.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Arthritis sufferers, pay attention! Turmeric is truly your best friend.

I am a R.A. patient and found my way to the blissful relief, not cure, but the lessening of the pain caused by systemic inflammation nature of R.A.

Golden milk is 24 karat beneficial.
As is bone broth. (thanks, friend )

Glad to be of service!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So what are the measurements or recipe for this drink ?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I started using it after another thread here on ATS. It is great anti inflammatory as has been said. I have a bad back and it has enabled me to transition away from ibuprofen at night to help me sleep. Obviously if anyone has allergies or concerns they should talk to their Doctor first.

I spoke to mine about it and she only said good things about me using it .

I make it in a paste by adding 2 tablespoons to about 1 1/2 cups of water and cooking it on the stove for about 8 minutes. You want a fairly thin paste. I also add black pepper to improve its absorption into the body and Ceylon cinnamon as it is another anti inflammatory. About 1 - 2 teaspoons of each.

I keep it in the fridge for about two weeks, as it does go off (You'll notice a metallic taste when it does)

To use I put 2 teaspoons in a cup of hot milk with maple syrup to sweeten.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Turmeric has some good medical properties, so does coconut oil. I do not know for sure about coconut milk because I have not looked at real research about it like I did on the Turmeric and Coconut oil. Some people can be intolerant to turmeric. It is not for everyone. A little won't bother them occasionally but using it every day is not good. That would be because of sulfur pathway problems and also possibe problems in the way the body deals with copper. These groups may or may not overlap, you can have either problem or both. They aren't rare problems but they aren't that common either.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Ayurveda got Me off of 5 Rx meds. First thing is to take a FREE 'dosha/guna' quiz and then eat foods specifically for Your dosha. I found out that it is also way cheaper to fuel the body this way.. The best part is I still get to eat Birthday Cake ice cream every night right out of the carton.

I take Turmeric in tablet form (supplement/vitamin aisle) along w/CoQ10; garlic pills; Acai powder; Saw Palmetto w/Pygeum. I slather on Coconut oil every day on all the places where I'll be exposed to Sol. I walk at the dog park daily.

I lost 75lbs. My cholesterol went from 373 to 153. My bp went from 145/100 on 2 meds. to 120/74 on 0 meds. I 'had' a minor skin cancer growth on My left arm, a 'presumptive' at My old job as a cop. This is the arm that You place out the window. That has gone away too.

One of the most important things to "good health" is staying HYDRATED. When the body is void of water is when things go awry... How does Your car run when there is no water in the battery?

I'd also recommend a 'morning flush' to rid the body of wastes. When You get real good at it, Your bowels will wake You up every a.m. to get rid of poop. The a.m. flush is a mug of warm-HOT water but not so HOT that it'll burn Your pipes. Chug the whole mug, don't sip it. If You want to speed up Your metabolism then You can squeeze some Lemon into the water..

With "Healthcare" in the toilet, You MUST become Your own health advocate...

Asante

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Great post!

I just had Golden Tea. LOVE it. I eat some turmeric daily. It's great on eggs or in cole slaw!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

tumeric is the most anti inflammatory,it contains 2 dozen anti inflammatory compounds...here is a link and results from studies done...it is the curcumin in the tumeric

authoritynutrition.com...

I just mix it with a little black pepper, the piperine in the black pepper helps the body to absorb it better.

I never tried it with the coconut combo.......you can buy tumeric/pepper in capsules

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'll give it a shot. Does one need both coconut milk and oil? Can regular milk be used as a replacement?

Also, how do i mix the oil in? Do I just blend it up? Should I heat up the milk first?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You can add coconut oil if you want.

Here is the video that I learned off. It explains everything you need to know.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: blueman12

You can add coconut oil if you want.

Here is the video that I learned off. It explains everything you need to know.

Thanks for this contribution.

top topics

join