It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rurouni Kenshin Live Action Trilogy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
One of my favorite amines of all time is Rurouni Kenshin.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The story begins during the 11th year of the Meiji period in Japan and follows a former assassin from the Bakumatsu, known as Hitokiri Battosai. After his work against the bakufu, Hitokiri Battosai disappears to become Himura Kenshin: a wandering samurai who protects the people of Japan with a vow of never to take another life.

Funimation announcement

There's been a film adaptation for the Manga and The Anime and it is finally coming to the US.

These kinds of movies, like the feature film/live action movie Attack on Titan, don't usually make it to the US as Japanese fantasy films are never nearly as popular as their animated predecessors.

I look forward to seeing Rurouni Kenshin played out by live actors. This manga and the anime were both fantastic. The story is compelling and the action is incredible.
edit on 21 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxnThis looks awesome! Thanks for posting. I have never heard of the anime or manga either... so I'm stoked on this. The story line looks super good too.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

If sign up at Crunchyroll or the anime network they have HUGE volumes of all kinds of manga and anime, including this one.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn What is Crunchyroll? And is the anime network on TV?
The only Anime I'm familiar with is Fruits Basket and Cowboy Bebop that I can get at the library or on YouTube.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
projectvxn

Ah, Batosai the Manslayer. Himura Kenshin, easily one of the best anime of all time. Looking forward to the live action films then thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Crunchyroll is like the Netflix of Anime.

The Anine Network is on TV, or it was at one point. But they also have a subscription service online.

edit on 21 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn Thank you.😊

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Just watched first episode of Rurouni Kenshin last sunday, like it already.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

By the time you get to the last episode you'll wish they'd made more.

There is an animated movie, and with the US release of the Rurouni Kenshin trilogy, I'm hoping it will restart some love for the series and maybe the'll continue it.

I've been waiting for Bleach to restart. Especially since the Thousand Year Blood War arc in the manga is so fantastic.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

By the time you get to the last episode you'll wish they'd made more.

Good anime always do

My children are into bleach, too long for me. Inuyasha I watched to the end. I've been looking through the older anime for quality, Maid Sama . . . .
edit on 22-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Have you looked into Ghost in the Shell?

If so stop reading here:

If not...

Ghost in the Shell is a great movie. GitS Stand Alone Complex is a fantastic series and the movies based on SAC are fantastic and revealing. Then there's the Ghost in the Shell ARISE series of movies. They are fantastic.

Zero hokeyness, intelligent story lines, believable technologies, and adult in nature.

If you haven't seen these GitS series and movies I highly recommend them if you don't wanna feel like you're watching cartoons more than your kids, lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Seen ghost in the shell, enjoyed it, though I must admit I prefer the likes of Air, Kannon and Clannad. Soggy is good.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Cool the story sounds great, I'll try to get it.

Haven't seen anime for ages, think I've got Devil May Cry series somewhere, got ghost in the shell and Final Fantasy 7 they're all great.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I look forward to seeing Rurouni Kenshin played out by live actors. This manga and the anime were both fantastic. The story is compelling and the action is incredible.

I hope they do a better job than they did with Dragon Ball Z.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Wasn't that a fan film?

I'm pretty sure it was.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

There have been two.

Don't look fan made.

Dragon ball Evolution

The other one was when Trunks went to go warn Goku.

I forget it's name.

Edit yeah the Fall of Man was fan made my bad.
edit on 25-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Wow that looks like it's going to be terrible...

new topics

top topics

join