It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to take all firearms from all US citizens?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What would it take to take all firearms from all US citizens?

A massive extinction event solar flare I suspect.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
They would be able to do a mad sweep. It'd fail and fail so bad it'd most likely rebound back the other direction.

They'd have to cut back on firearms state by state. But be for even doing that they'd have to take full control of weapons manufacturing along with ammo. If they taxed them to death, made them drop the production rate to next to none, while also buying every gun they can there by removing it from the public. This would cause weapon prices to rise beyond normal consumers reach. You'd also have to place heavy handed limits on the locations of firearms sales and firing ranges, once again putting them out of easy reach of everyone.

Start with the most Dem' controlled states, move on to the ones more 50/50 and the hardest part would be the more Rep' controlled states. But by then counter measures should have already been put in place.

But at any point if people figure out what's going on and finally connect the dots it'll fail and they would have to start over again and in a different way.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Was more the sort of only way that doesn't mean the only people who would win are the grave diggers, undertakers and the metal workers who make the handles for the coffins.

But i'm worried that with all the shouting of 2nd!!!2nd!!! etc that theres an even bigger shafting getting ready and it aint going to have lube so by the time you know about it.....its too late.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Klassified
Thats a thought for a few hundred years down the road. But , please , expand on these "circumstances" that do not exist now but will

Look at the political landscape in not just this country, but the world. Look at those who are now growing up. Look how much anti-gun sentiment has grown in just one generation. A few hundred years? Not even half that. There are a myriad of ways to get Americans to give up their guns. It just isn't time yet. One thing to remember is, that a gun is useless without ammunition. Also, Henry Kissinger gave us an idea of how things might play out.

“Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will pledge with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will willingly be relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by their world government.

Those of us who are staunch second amendment advocates are dying out, and the younger ones are being indoctrinated into a world where only criminals and government will have guns. They won't understand the two are one and the same.
Don't underestimate the cunning and patience of those who have had their eye on your gun for decades.
edit on 6/22/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Don't forget the stone carvers going to need to make a bunch of headstones.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Sign me up on that Laser Gun list, been wanting one since first time I watched The Jetsons.a reply to: ratfintc

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I'll give up a few. I'm not willing to make a stand on my porch.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

I imagine if "they" show up at your house, some won't do, all or....

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think of my Dad -- 87 years old, living in central Montana. It would truly depend upon how many folk "they" were willing to sacrifice. Dad would not "go gentle into that good night." Oh hell no.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I agree my father would have a HUGE problem with any firearm being taken.

I remember a person with a clip board approaching us in a parking lot (1979-ish), and asking my dad questions. He was from the communist party and wanted my dad's vote for something. My dad replied get away from my God D%$# truck. And he meant it (fist fight meant it).

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join