It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to take all firearms from all US citizens?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Allow Texas to secede. Reinstate the Confederacy and let it leave the union. You might also have to let Alaska, the Dakotas, Idaho, and Wisconsin go. When the US is entirely made of blue states that don't have vast stretches of wilderness, you could probably buy all the guns back for about $100,000 each. Then, what's left of the US can be gun free (not to be confused with "free").

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

originally posted by: seasonal
With all the talk of firearm bans, registries and confiscation, what would it take to remove each and every fire arm in the US from civilian hands.

I am talking logistics of removal, repercussions, social changes and Geo political changes.

It would seem this task would take a long time to accomplish. The estimated US firearm count is 270 million. This is a subject that came up quite often when I was working, and the debates were very interesting.

House to house fighting......sniper duels from afar.......possibly a civil war. American civilians with guns outnumber any army in the world. In Wisconsin alone last year , I think there were 600,000 hunters out for deer season . Where were you working that this came up and was discussed ?? Are you law enforcement or military ??

And you did not count standing military.

I'm not sure exactly where their loyalties would pull them. If I had to guess....60 to 70 % would return home to be with their families, if they could in the event of civil hostilities.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
If the door to door approach was used I could see limited success at first. The first people would be taken by surprise, and would more than likely hand the firearms over.
But as word gets out resistance would become heavier until a large incident would unfold. When color pictures or video of civilians that were killed got out that is when it would get bad, how bad? I would think mass fighting, and active harassment of what ever authority is in charge of the gun grab.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

95%

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If we don't have the resources to deport 12 million illegal aliens, then we don't have the resources to confiscate hundreds of millions of guns.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just what they are doing.

----

It would be interesting to see if it were ever done anytime in history in another country.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Wizards don't need lasers, they got.....well...Magic.

On Topic. It may be a fantasy, but it'll never happen. Even those who would like to take them, know better than to try.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

With all the talk of firearm bans, registries and confiscation, what would it take to remove each and every fire arm in the US from civilian hands.

I am talking logistics of removal, repercussions, social changes and Geo political changes.

It would seem this task would take a long time to accomplish. The estimated US firearm count is 270 million. This is a subject that came up quite often when I was working, and the debates were very interesting.

House to house fighting......sniper duels from afar.......possibly a civil war. American civilians with guns outnumber any army in the world. In Wisconsin alone last year , I think there were 600,000 hunters out for deer season . Where were you working that this came up and was discussed ?? Are you law enforcement or military ??

I'm not sure exactly where their loyalties would pull them. If I had to guess....60 to 70 % would return home to be with their families, if they could in the event of civil hostilities.

Allow me to enlighten you on that possibility. Every US military recruit takes an oath. The Military Oath. In that Oath they pledge to defend the Constitution ( No , not the country . Nor the people. Nor the President (especially him as the military can remove him from office if deemed justifiable). Only the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic.But that same Oath infers protecting everything about this country.

In other words, they would bring no harm to the people due to this.I am sure there would be many just following orders. However , they would be hastily "overcome" by the majority .

That is my take on the subject. And a damn reasonable one

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: In4ormant

Wizards don't need lasers, they got.....well...Magic.

On Topic. It may be a fantasy, but it'll never happen. Even those who would like to take them, know better than to try.

They don't need to disarm people. They'll get around it by making them suspect and therefore subject to incarceration through other means. We already see it beginning.

The divide and conquer strategy is good for separating out different groups and defining them into polarized tribes. Then all you have to do is scapegoat whichever group or groups you want gone. I'm pretty sure we all know which groups are most likely to hold the most firearms and so would they.

If they do it right, they can break apart and carve up gun owners step by step, using them against each other by dividing them across other group lines and get them to turn on each other. Eventually, they will be left with a group they CAN plausibly disarm.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Insane to think of any positive outcome in any such scenario.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The beauty of the 2nd Amendment.....not needed till it's needed. When that day comes....it will be needed and used for what it was designed for.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Allow me to enlighten you on that possibility. Every US military recruit takes an oath. The Military Oath. In that Oath they pledge to defend the Constitution ( No , not the country . Nor the people. Nor the President (especially him as the military can remove him from office if deemed justifiable). Only the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic.But that same Oath infers protecting everything about this country.

In other words, they would bring no harm to the people due to this.I am sure there would be many just following orders. However , they would be hastily "overcome" by the majority .

That is my take on the subject. And a damn reasonable one

I don't need to be enlightened....I'm a Viet Nam vet....took the oath and understand your take on this...that's your opinion and I'll stick with what I said about not being sure.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Under the right circumstances, there won't even be a fight. People will hand them over because they want to. Those circumstances don't exist just yet, but they will.

Yes. And sooner rather than later, methinks.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The only way firearms will ever be removed from civilian hands in America in any significant number is if Americans invent a superior technology that replaces them and fulfills the same self defense needs but does it better. Phasers perhaps.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

WHO is asking?

Why do they want to know?

Not playing.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
First thoughts would be

1. Amend the 2nd to not make it an automatic right but something the state/feds can control (always will be a need for hunting/pest control/target plinking at the range) so basically it would be like here in blighty.

2. Gun buyback, 2-3 times the weapons retail value and the same with the ammo.

3. Education at schools that guns=bad so the next generation doesn't fancy them so if they find any they'll hand em in.

4. Quiet time from the cops, no kicking in door etc so as to set the panic lights flashing and people going all defensive.

5. Make importing of weapons harder and the repair of stuff more expensive.

6. Acceptance it'll take a 100 years or more to get to the end goal of only those who can prove a NEED to the state to have them.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Just more of the same of whats happening now because its being effective if not on the scale the powers that be want. Just need to get more people killed in more similar incidents that's all, easy.

Remember though; the goal here is to take guns off the citizens not off the state. If the state disarmed firs then the citizens might then willingly give tup their guns

edit on 22-6-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I'll play along.

1a. If all citizens were somehow convinced it was in our best interests, it would be fairly easy. Gun deposit centers could be set up throughout every town, kind of like how the "Salvation Army" and "Goodwill" charities set up in front of various stores during the holiday season. Then citizens could willingly turn them in. This probably wouldn't even take a full day, especially if the "pick up" day was advertised in advance.

1b. Of course, this assumes that all citizens were free that day. There would always be people in the hospital, on trips out of town, or in other situations that would hinder their ability to turn in their weapons. There would even be the people in jail who have guns in their name who'd have to let others know where to locate them. So this could take months (especially considering some gunowners may have died or went on the run by then and had hidden guns that need to be relocated).

2. If only some citizens decided to turn them in, it would be virtually impossible. Make no mistake, the US mainland is vast. And the sparsely populated states like Alaska will make it even easier to hide guns. Just think of it like this; we don't even have the resources to track down millions of humans in this country. And humans need water supplies, constant food supplies, and tend to leave paper trails where ever we go.

Now imagine trying to locate hundreds of millions of metal contraptions that can be buried, disassembled, disguised as everyday tools (like canes, books, etc), and hidden among other metal (like in scrapyards) lol. And that's ignoring the guns that aren't even made of metal. You might as well ask "What would it take to take all spoons from all US citizens?" Think about how impossible that would be.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Tens of thousands of dumpsters a year for decades.

Its why no country in their right mind would attempt an invasion.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

We won't live that way, though nice John Lennon there. * golf clap *

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join