It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to take all firearms from all US citizens?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If I were Hillary Clinton or an evil authoritarian politician (redundant0

I would kill the power grid and wait a week.

Then, if people wanted their power on?

They'd have to fork over their guns.

Easy!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Under the right circumstances, there won't even be a fight. People will hand them over because they want to. Those circumstances don't exist just yet, but they will.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I,,,,no we,,,,would rather take you out...and keep the firearms.
Cheer

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You can count out most of the Military in any idea of assisting with this. (would have to be a 100% no American soldier Nato force to do it)

From what LEOs I know they would stand down instantly also (except maybe some fresh out of academy ones)

The hard part would be stopping the mass exodus to D.C. to wet the tree.

The only way they can close to pull this off is death by a thousand paper cuts, and currently the paper is not even moving on it.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I'll tell you how.

Anyone who watched the day after Boston Bomber man hunt have got to consider how that transpired as military units fully armed with machine guns, armored vehicles and helicopters overhead moved through the city, door to door, searching everywhere for one person.

Most of what occurred at each household was illegal. but justified under the law because of one fugitive "terrorist".

I didn't see any protest from anyone, or anyone in their homes refusing to allow entry, barricading or coming outside with their guns to resist.

I didn't see anyone coming from anywhere else in the country to help these besieged people defend their neighborhood from what was obviously searching without warrants each and every home they went into.

Forgetting for a moment that the lockdown, sweep and search didn't turn up the fugitive (he was spotted by a civilian later) and forget for a moment what happened in Oregon when the call to arms went up from some protestors illegally squatting in a building to come and defend the people rights there, too. And what about post Katrina when National Guard units were making sweeps in homes and taking guns away? I didn't hear the charge sounded then either. The most recent Ferguson military assault on that town was the best evidence I've seen for a police state.

We all sat and watched from our keyboards. Because it wasn't happening to us, and even if it were we would submit too, just like all the people there did.

Any future gun raids will occur just like that. Not all at once and not to "collect" guns in the public eye, but to defend the homeland from terrorists.

Boston bomber manhunt

Feguson overkill

Post Katrina…

BLM land grabs:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I'd start with making the sale of any ammunition illegal. Then instigate a buy-back scheme. Then, using the military under martial law, instigate a door by door search of every property in America seizing weapons as they go.

Anyone resisting is a terrorist and use of deadly force authorised.

You'd be a smouldering mess by the end of it and the population would be somewhat reduced during the struggle against the radical anti-government terrorists but in the end the citizens will be disarmed and only government and law enforcement will have the weapons to keep everyone safe.

So you'll only be screwed if your government and/or law enforcement goes rogue or if criminals intent on crime hide their weapons to circumvent the search.

Are there any signs that the US government could go rogue upon disarmament of the population is complete (or complete enough to stifle any possible resistance)? Or that criminals are gonna keep criminaling?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Come and try

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I was in Fallujah in 2004.

Fallujah is not America.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That was Boston PD, not the military.

Which is somehow scarier.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Am I the only one that sees the fire fighters legs looking like some alien shiitz?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
With all the talk of firearm bans, registries and confiscation, what would it take to remove each and every fire arm in the US from civilian hands.

I am talking logistics of removal, repercussions, social changes and Geo political changes.

It would seem this task would take a long time to accomplish. The estimated US firearm count is 270 million. This is a subject that came up quite often when I was working, and the debates were very interesting.

House to house fighting......sniper duels from afar.......possibly a civil war. American civilians with guns outnumber any army in the world. In Wisconsin alone last year , I think there were 600,000 hunters out for deer season . Where were you working that this came up and was discussed ?? Are you law enforcement or military ??

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Quantum12

Knock, knock " this is the civilian safety force and we have records of # firearms at this address. Open the door we are here to remove the contraband."

Your move.

BANG

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

active duty military

I disagree with that one. Heavily. That would mean that they had totally broken their lifelong , solemn vow to protect the one thing that stands in the way of this . You know , enemies both foreign and domestic.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Skilled trade, craftsman/mechanic occupation. I think most people would be surprised to learn what is discussed/debated in a 5-10 man skilled trade team.

My experience of corporate personnel is the most intelligent people I met were either skilled trade or engineers. Although most engineers didn't understand humor, dry or wet.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Thats a thought for a few hundred years down the road. But , please , expand on these "circumstances" that do not exist now but will

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

a reply to: Quantum12

Knock, knock " this is the civilian safety force and we have records of # firearms at this address. Open the door we are here to remove the contraband."

Your move.

BANG

The one time I will absolutely agree with a one-word reply.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

With all the talk of firearm bans, registries and confiscation, what would it take to remove each and every fire arm in the US from civilian hands.

I am talking logistics of removal, repercussions, social changes and Geo political changes.

It would seem this task would take a long time to accomplish. The estimated US firearm count is 270 million. This is a subject that came up quite often when I was working, and the debates were very interesting.

House to house fighting......sniper duels from afar.......possibly a civil war. American civilians with guns outnumber any army in the world. In Wisconsin alone last year , I think there were 600,000 hunters out for deer season . Where were you working that this came up and was discussed ?? Are you law enforcement or military ??

And you did not count standing military.

edit on 6/21/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Under the right circumstances, there won't even be a fight. People will hand them over because they want to. Those circumstances don't exist just yet, but they will.

Ohhh I think they do exist already, Just look around at how many are falling for the gun control debate.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Fairies, magic, wizards with lasers and ninjas.

As a practicing witch who has taken martial arts, I can tell you this won't work.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Magic.

They couldn't even take them from all Australian citizens. What makes you think a country with 15 times the population, 16 times the guns, and 100000x the attachment to them is going to be able to collect everything?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join