It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange events in the suburbs...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Had many large units picked when I worked construction. It's the easiest, fastest way to get a large unit on a building, when a crane just can't reach out that far.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
before jumping to conclusions, I would guess military exercise of some sort. I am guessing just a practice drill. No need to jump onto any wagon...conspiracy, CDC disease outbreak, FEMA...or otherwise.

I have an Armory near my house and they had their helicopters out on maneuvers a couple of weeks ago. Pretty cool to watch.

Could it be something like this?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It could be, but again, I think the local PD would have known about it. No local PD knew the helicopter even landed until I called and asked about it.

With school out for the summer I think it was most likely some kind of training exercise using the school parking lots or even the school itself. Its strange that the local PD wasn't in on it, but I guess its not out of the question...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Military pilots would almost certainly be in flight suits, not fatigues.

Why would a military pilot be driving a truck?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I live near an air force base and one of the training exercises they do every year is to take 5 or some vehicles and park them somewhere in the state. Then the air force is timed to see how long it takes then to find the vehicles. Maybe some thing like that was going down.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Again, the guys in military fatigues were getting into the semi truck while the helicopter was landing... The guys in the military fatigues were not in the helicopter. I don't know who was in the helicopter, it landed behind the school out of sight to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Is it possible the local PD was just kept out of the loop?

You know like a "need" to know, kinda thing.

Is it possible they lied?

Just asking.

edit on 22-6-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Again, the guys in military fatigues were getting into the semi truck while the helicopter was landing... The guys in the military fatigues were not in the helicopter. I don't know who was in the helicopter, it landed behind the school out of sight to me.

Yes.
I read the OP.
Zaph was saying that instead of fatiques, they should have been wearing flight suits.....
I say truck drivers typically don't require flight suits to drive their trucks.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Yes.
I read the OP.
Zaph was saying that instead of fatiques, they should have been wearing flight suits.....
I say truck drivers typically don't require flight suits to drive their trucks.

I have no idea what the people in the helicopter, the pilots, were wearing. I never saw them. I saw the two guys in military fatigues getting in to a semi truck at the same time the helicopter was landing. Why would two guys driving a truck be wearing flight suits? That makes no sense. The two guys getting in to the truck were wearing normal military fatigues. They were not the pilots of the helicopter. We are talking about two events happening at the same time. One involving a helicopter landing, presumably with pilots in it. The other with a non-descript white semi truck, with two men in military fatigues driving it. There were no men in flight suits visible to me. The only two people I saw were the ones climbing in to the truck.

I suggest reading the OP again.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Is it possible the local PD was just kept out of the loop?

You know like a "need" to know, kinda thing.

Is it possible they lied?

Just asking.

That is certainly possible, but I have to find it unlikely if for no other reason than to be able to answer the phone calls they were sure to receive such as the one I made. It was just very unusual to see a helicopter land at the high school. As I followed its descent my line of sight was led directly to the white semi truck as two men in military fatigues were climbing in to the cab. It was just a strange set of events that made no sense to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I suggest reading the OP again.

I did.

Why would two guys driving a truck be wearing flight suits? That makes no sense.

No kidding.... that is my point.

The two guys getting in to the truck were wearing normal military fatigues.

I know that.... because I read the OP.

There were no men in flight suits visible to me. The only two people I saw were the ones climbing in to the truck.

Yep, I know.... because I read the OP.

Zaphod is the member that said that guys should have been wearing flight suits.

I don't think truck drivers need flight suits.... unless that truck you saw is some kind of Transformer.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Probably running drills at the school.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Uhm, I was talking about the helicopter thanks. I actually read the OP too, which made it sound like the helicopter landed and the crew climbed into the trailer.

And if you think more than one truck driver hasn't thought about getting a flight suit to wear, you would be wrong. Trucks are burning to the ground more than ever, and taking drivers with them. A flight suit would at least give us a fighting chance to get out.

edit on 6/22/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/22/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

does cook county sheriffs dept have helicopters?
if so,are they plainly marked?
do they have a emergency response command truck?
if so,is it plainly marked?
does the non emergency number go to the city or county?
does the city and county coordinate trannig and or when a raid is going on?

something to think about.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yes the county does have helicopters. They are white with blue stripes if I am not mistaken. They do run exercises, but they have always coordinated with local law enforcement. At least as far as I know anyway...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The school isn't that tall of a building so a crane could easily reach the roof.

Using a helo to set equipment does not always have to do with the height of the building. More the area of the roof. A crane can only boom down and reach so far. Set many units on multiple sites with helos on basically 1 story high factory roofs, Cranes can't reach out that far.

Odds are I am wrong, just what popped into mind for me. The questions I would ask to know it wasn't an hvac lift are...

1) the guys in military fatigues full blown outfits? like pants shirt coat helmet boots? if so odds are not a couple tinners...
2) Is there construction going on at this school daily? If you drive by daily you might notice. vehicles in parking lot, forklifts, skytraks, piles of block or bricks? scaffold set up?
3) does the school take up a city block? if a small footprint, not a helo lift, There are some big ass boom cranes out there that can drive to site, unlike a crawler crane but in Chicago it may be hard to navigate streets.

4) did it look like this?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I wouldnt say we do them regularly but have done maybe 8 helo pics in my 27 years in sheet metal. Always multiple pics.

Erickson air crane is the baddest. 78 foot rotor span. Used them twice. Picked 16, 4 piece units, heavy side was 32000 lbs, less than 4 minutes a pick.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Some minor construction out in front but the road has been under construction for a while now so nothing new there. The helicopter did not look at all like an air crane. It looked like the typical exec type or news chopper. Not huge, but not tiny either. Just your average helicopter. If I had to guess I would say it was probably a 4 person craft. Two in the pilot seats and two (or three if they are small) behind. Usually the news choppers around here have the channel on the side fairly large. I did not see any numbers on this aircraft at all.

I used to work line service many years ago and I know what an N number is and where to look for it. I can still recognize av-gas octane rating by the smell of it and I can name the make and model of a plane more often than not. This craft did not have an N number. Admittedly, there were very few helicopters around where I worked, but I know enough to know there should be an N number on it somewhere. Every other aircraft at our field had one, even the EV's.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I do a bit of casual plane spotting and notice stuff like this too, because military aircraft and most helicopters are atypical of the general avaition and commercial aircraft normally seen in the area. Of helicopters, I think there's one or two privately owned Robinson helicopters (really small) and one or two medical or news helicopters on a close to regular basis. So anything else gets noticed fast.

I would say that in this area it's most likey the DEA that likes to fly unmarked. (Or at least low visibility markings, not anything legible that would contrast with black.) See them every now and then at KUGN (not for long, I suppose they do refueling and perhaps check-in with ICE/DHS trailer), which would be close enough to your neck of the woods. But I suspect KPWK would probably be closer. (You didn't say which 'burb.) As for what I see them doing? They seem to fly searches over greenbelt, farm areas, and undeveloped properties. I suppose they're looking for certain crops or something. Usually they seem to have some variant of the MD-500 or a Bell Jet-ranger.

On rarer occasions I've seen Hueys or Blackhawks around too, I'd consider these military. But I haven't observed them close enough to determine if unmarked like the others. Some occasions there's also Coast Guard (being next to Lake Michigan), but they're super-obvious with the livery and markings.

There's also a dark blue or black helicopter (MD 500) flying for a business that does powerline inspections, but it's tail number is white. And it's pretty obvious what they're doing. They're pretty interesting to watch, if you have the time. That pilot has some skills.

Would be interesting to know what exactly they're flying in your case. "News helicopter" tends to be a Bell JetRanger or one of the smaller Eurocopters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join