It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Military Facility On Lockdown, Reports Of Possible Active Shooter In Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

California Military Facility On Lockdown, Reports Of Possible Active Shooter In Area

The Parks Reserve Forces Training Area – the U.S. Army facility in Dublin which is better known as Camp Parks – has been put on lockdown after reports of an active shooter in the area, officials say. Only few details were immediately available. (more)

The incident began just before 11 a.m. PT on Tuesday when a report of a possible active shooter was received, but there was no confirmation that shots had actually been fired or that there were any injuries. The installation has been put on lockdown

This is active as of now and hope that is not nothing but there seems to be quite a response from local authorities. Anyone in the area have any info?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That is a bit of a delay in time for it to be reported isn't it? Started at 11, if you are in California reporting this , it is 2 pm? 5 here on east coast. Did it just hit the news now Cali time?

Anybody find a live feed?

I'm not knocking you, just curious is all

edit on 6/21/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/21/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Let me guess .... Obama is gonna get frustrated and tell us this is our fault, and our farm guns etc...maybe like any other business the arse holes in charge of banking and government are not doing their jobs so the plebiscite are going nuts...more likely

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Yes. It's more Obama lunacy

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I just saw it so maybe it is contained, maybe not. I called my cousin in Salinas and they have heard nothing so not sure. Hoping someone out that way to close it as needed....better that way./

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Well good heads up and looking out. If it is still going on, I'm sure the members will be all over it shortly,

Love your avatar btw

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
here in OC, no words on local news talking heads....

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Saying armed intruder not active shooter.

No Intruder Found After Lockdown And Search At Dublin Army Facility
edit on 6/21/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Anyone have a good link? The link in the OP is dead.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Mine just has/had a live report.

Once the search was completed, a press conference was held by the Alameda County Sheriff’s Department, Dublin Police and Army officials. The authorities said that there was never an active shooter and the search for the reported intruder uncovered nothing.

edit on 6/21/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: introvert

Mine just has/had a live report.

Just checked it out.

No active shooter.

That's good news.
edit on 21-6-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 21st 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 21st 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Excellent...just wanted to see if there was local insight...thanks all...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Why would you lock down a military facility, surely the point of the military is to man the # up.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Any time an unauthorized person gains access to a military facility, it is "locked down" until the intruder is found or the entire facility has been searched. Believe me, they take it quite seriously---at least they do at Ft. Knox. If you're out in the woods wandering about with civilian clothes, you'd better be ready to show your authorization to be there. In my case, our archaeological crew had authority but that guy with rifle marched us about two miles back to our vehicle to make sure we did. (After that our papers stayed in a backpack---not the vehicle!
)

top topics

join