It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Obama ‘Profoundly Frustrated’ — Ready For More Executive Action On Gun Control

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland
Need to expand on this . I am confused as to what you are trying to say,

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
As a police officer that supports the 2nd Amendment and that would never participate in any type of gun confiscation, I just wanted to thank the several insults blanketly levied against police officers by some of the ATS members in this thread.

Class acts I tell ya.

Usually thugs themselves who can't stay out of trouble. I really wouldn't worry about it I know several officers including my sister. And I have yet to meet one like people like to portray them.. mist officers have a strong sense of community thinking it's there city or town they are protecting. If anything police wold protect there city first even from the feds. It's really sad that the media is manipulating people against the police. I've wondered if this is part of a goal or just liberal media to the extreme.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I think it just goes to show how much of a disconnect the community is from law enforcement. When I was younger we knew who the cops were that patrolled the neighborhoods. We talked to them and they let us check out the car. Nowadays, I still know a few but most don't bother to talk or show a level of civility to everyday people. Chalk it up to increased workload or personal dissonance. Not saying this is the rule but just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: neo96

Reminds me of Mark Zuckerberg. He lives in a fortified compound within a walled in community with armed security guards, and advocates for open borders and gun control.

#ing hypocrite.

It's easy to decide people don't need guns when you have thr money to hire armed guards. I'd say that if just a couple of people in orlando where armed this likely would have gone a lot difrent. The other option is to go more like Europe and arm officers with automatic rifles. But the funny part is the people that are against guns don't like police being armed either.

I'm afraid where going to hit the day where the police are the only line of defense and as they continue to be attacked that they will be left with poor recruits. Who wants to be a police officer if all it means is people will hate you. The only people that will join will be the a holes that want to bully and intimidate. The more we attack the police the worse they will get until they are the nightmare people try to make them out to be.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I think it just goes to show how much of a disconnect the community is from law enforcement. When I was younger we knew who the cops were that patrolled the neighborhoods. We talked to them and they let us check out the car. Nowadays, I still know a few but most don't bother to talk or show a level of civility to everyday people. Chalk it up to increased workload or personal dissonance. Not saying this is the rule but just my 2 cents.

I think it's because most people avoid the police. They do get ostrisized to some extent. It was a couple of months ago I was in star bucks a police officer came in and was standing behind me in line. I ordered my usual and told her to also give the officer whatever he wants. After buying his coffee I left he came outside walked up to my car and thanked me. I said no thank you. And he proceded to talk to me for about 20 min. In fact almost made me late but he seemed to want to chat. The reason is they don't get the opertunity to do that alot I'm sure.
edit on 6/22/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Definitely not saying it doesn't happen. They are regular men and women too! I just don't see it as much as I used to.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Xuenchen? Why do you keep using that source?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

One of the "articles" on your site:

Twitter Launches ‘Safe Space’ for Celebrities

I can continue to embarrass you. It's like you are using the Weekly World News and The Onion. Doesn't look good on you buddy.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
If the government is going to shread the constitution and strip the rights of the people then the terrorists have already won.

Bingo, you got it. Well said.

I just want to note also, that this is all done on purpose to kill us without resistance. Its all about depopulation/genocide. A gun free zone is basically easy pickings. With a president gone rogue and performing a coup detat using syrian refugees along with others as the silent invasion. They will be armed, but will we be ready for them when they finally attack us?

This is the current reality, the elites are hell bent on bringing the new world order.

And Islam is being used to destroy the west by the hidden hand. Call them the Illuminati, the cabal, bilderberg, the Jesuits/catholics. They are all part of the same group.

I know many people will disagree. However, what i stated here is the truth, and we dont have time for arguing. But arguing is what many people do anyways instead of considering that it is true.

Meanwhile, here comes the blindside armed & ready to for the full takeover while we all fight amongst ourselves. Divided & conquered.

I Predict Obama will issue the Gun control and martial law along with it. But you brought up an excellent point. Wish i could star your post 10 times over. But I guess 1 star is enough.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Please stop spamming this thread with your nonsense images.

Comparing gun control to drink driving

Another gun sheep.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I will be blunt as always.
I do not believe in ANY gun control. At all period.
I believe that people always have the right to defend their lives, even if they have committed criminal acts in the past. We judge the persons actions on a case by case basis.
I believe that the founding fathers intended that the people would be armed with all of the latest and most advanced arms that they could afford and that so armed would provide a barrier to a standing army that could be utilized by an out of control government to enforce tyranny.
All debates about gun control and laws fail to see that they have established a line that does not really exists. The only thing that is being debated is where the line is to be drawn. Therefore all gun control debates are irrelevant. My ability to defend myself is not limited by my choice of technology, it is limited only by its moral lines, for example I can defend myself against a man seeking to harm me, but morally I could not also harm his family. How I defend myself is not in debate, provided that method does not infringe on the life liberty or property of another. In this manner ownership of high explosives is not a problem, however using high explosives could be a problem to those around me. If I have a large track of land and desire to set off explosives then as long as they do not damage the property of my neighbors what business of it is yours?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Let me get this right. The "President" that is supposed to represent me and my opinions as an American citizen is frustrated with me (I back the 2nd) and because I frustrate him he will force his will upon me via illegal executive actions.

Anyone see a problem with that?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

He is always so perturbed by our constitution. That damn paper always getting in the way of total control.

I think it's funny that people still buy into the talking points our crooked politicians prance around with, as if they actually represent the people and our best interest. People are so damn tied up with all of their left right nonsense that they just fall in line and repeat everything they hear like little parrots.

SQUAWK Common sense gun control Polly. SQUAWK It's for our own safety Polly, SQUAWK.

Polly want some brainwashing??

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

The only person brainwashed is you, all you offer is an awful sense of humour in attempt to mock the fact that gun control could save lives.

You moan and moan about politicians then hide behind laws created by other politicians and cry if anyone wants to change it.

You can't argue seriously so you repeat the same old rhetoric about safety and protection, which it's been proven gun ownership does not provide you with, or attempt to post witty remarks in lieu of an intelligent discussion.

And you call others a parrot?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

This is the point that seems to go over everyone's heads. It's astonishing really.

If you could guarantee that EVERYONE could act in a sensible, reasonable and safe manner than nothing would need to be banned/controlled. But since we don't live in this fantasy world it is SAFER to apply bans/controls on anything that could be dangerous.

Everyone is so f*cking self-involved that they take it personally.

No-one is saying YOU, YES YOU PERSONALLY, are going to kill people or should not own a gun.

They are saying that if the same methods and rights you have to own a gun are applied to everyone then there are people who will abuse this and result endanger other lives. This is why it needs to be controlled.

It's already been established that guns don't protect people, so if controls or bans could save lives why shouldn't you try it?
Because your selfish? Because of "IT WON'T BE ME" attitude.

Everyone thinks "I'm not a murderer so why can't I have a gun", I'm betting some murderers held the same opinion before something turned them to crime.

I just can't get over how self-absorbed, selfish and ignorant some gun owners can be. It' shows a huge lack of intelligence.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Who are these "they" and "everyone?" Where is this established proof?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Kudos

I'm not American and even i see a problem with that.

In fact the Dali Lama isn't American and he too sees a problem with it.

Hitler did Not see a problem with gun Control.

Ronald Reagan spoke openly about it.

for all intent and purposes, the Elite have gone too far.

Those who have eyes to see and ears to hear, will.
edit on 6/23/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/23/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

where is it established that guns dont protect people?

I guarantee they do, will a gun save people in every single situation no, of course not there are to many variables... but to say its established that guns dont protect people is a lie.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
In the last 72 hours 66 people have been shot and killed and 206 shot and injured.

72 hours. You have no problem with this. America is sick.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Did you just wake up and realize that the country is larger than expected?

www.romans322.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join