It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Obama ‘Profoundly Frustrated’ — Ready For More Executive Action On Gun Control

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think whatever you manage to find on your sources of choice are one of several things:

Incorrect
Inaccurate
Disinformation
Sensationalism
Spin
Blatant Lies
Exaggeration

Xuen.....when you start posting balanced, actually investigated, and real journalism...... and quit with the smiley laughy-face sunglasses crap, we can talk. Until then, I consider you a troll.

edit on 6/21/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I have reasons to dismiss Breitbart as a primary source.

Here's A better source (MSNBC)

White House: President Obama 'Profoundly Frustrated' Over Gun Vote | Morning Joe | MSNBC

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

k thanks.

We need better control over who gets to have guns.

I have no problem with that idea. It's neo who is freaking out....not me.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The REAL reason for all this gun law obsession in America

I was thinking about making this an OP but I don't want to make a big deal out of this...keep it low key
I don't want anybody getting too upset over this but here is the truth

So here's the deal folks...

When they come and get us to put us in the Fema camps THE PEOPLE WITH GUNS MAY UNFORTUNATLEY GET THEIR CHILDREN HURT AND THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD EXTERMINATED because of the few with guns.

So in a ironic twist the idea of taking guns away from us is a merciful one.

Believe me folks there going to get our assess!

Those guns you will have will not prevent this

It will only cause more death and destruction in the day they come to arrest you

The Europeans will go along peacefully to the camps over there without much unnecessary violence because they have what they says are sane gun laws on the most part

But a lot of Americans are going to be hard headed and stubborn and all their going to do is get their loved ones hurt.

Cant you folks see this

The writing is on the wall

And it says

Their coming soon one way or the other

edit on 21-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Brother, help me.

I am on board with everything you're saying. Help me to understand how we can ensure the freedoms afforded to you by the Constitution and also fight our enemy, which includes the government's poor administrative response to our problems.

If you are as serious as you seem to be, consider my perspective.

Do you know what the Alien Sedition Act is? How about what we did with the Japanese during World War II? If so, why is that line of thinking wrong at this moment. Also, what can we do to protect your rights while fighting off an enemy which to most Americans, whether ignorant or not, appears to believe as you do?

Thanks brother.

The first reason I think it's wrong because it wouldn't stop the vast majority of shootings and killings here. It targets a demographic that might give some Americans a false sense of security, but it won't stop actual killings.

I linked this website in another thread, but it applies here too. It lists all of the shootings and gun-related deaths in the US in real-time (it supposedly updates daily).
www.gunviolencearchive.org...

As of right now, 6,328 Americans have been killed with guns in 2016. Less than 50 were killed by Islamic terrorists and those were all killed by an American citizen in the Orlando attack. Compare that 6,328 total to the 50 by Islamic terrorists. So how would an internment program or limiting immigrants stop these killings?

Like I said, it might make some segments of the population feel better and provide a false sense of security, but it's not going to stop the next Colombine massacre, Sandy Hook massacre, Virginia Tech massacre, etc. And it certainly won't stop the estranged husband from killing his wife and kids; won't stop the bank robber from shooting anyone, etc.

Also, there are millions of American Muslims. We include doctors, artists, sports stars, teachers, students, factory workers, entrepreneurs, homeowners, and much more. Having some Japanese style internment of us is ridiculous and completely tramples on our rights as individuals. After all, the American judicial system is supposedly based on personal responsibility and "innocence until proven guilty" right? So how would collective blame and collective punishment work to decrease hostilities or aggression?

It wouldn't. It would serve as a literal recruitment tool for the radical groups we're all supposedly trying to disarm. Terrorist groups around the world could truthfully say America was even putting its peaceful Muslims in WW2 internment camps, which would radicalize even more people. Not to mention the families of the Japanese citizens who were interned got financial reparations afterwards. I doubt you're willing to go that route.

ETA: For the record, I'm not angry or anything. I just don't have a solution that can actually prevent these types of shootings. It would be like asking a random male to figure out how to stop domestic violence of wife killing men in America.

edit on 21-6-2016 by enlightenedservant because: clarified & reformatted the last paragraph

edit on 21-6-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Neo points out how unConstitutional all the gun laws actually are.

Lots of obvious violations.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Why doesn’t Obama just come out and say the obvious.

Give a speech to the American people and tell them that the only way to get a sane gun policy in America is to vote out the GOP

Make the next election a referendum on this issue and others

that’s the democratic way

Well that is next on their list.

One party rule just like communist China that has gun control that OBama loves.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Neo is hysterical. Don't be hysterical.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Willtell
Why doesn’t Obama just come out and say the obvious.

Give a speech to the American people and tell them that the only way to get a sane gun policy in America is to vote out the GOP

Make the next election a referendum on this issue and others

that’s the democratic way

Well that is next on their list.

One party rule just like communist China that has gun control that OBama loves.

One party rule is already here

Its called The Superclass Party, they have has ruled for a long, long time

There’s little difference between Bush and his Skull n Bones Brother Kerry

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Neo ain't running around telling everyone 'guns are out ta git me'.

Someone needs to make a LAW that tells people to stop going around shooting each other.

Then they need to make MORE laws that tell people they can't do those bad things.

The only HYSTERICAL people ?

Are the hoplophobes.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Now you're just being deliberately obtuse and sounding asinine. I have guns in my house. I am not worried that someone is going to come and confiscate them. I also am not worried that I will need an assault weapon anytime before I die.

You are the one all flipped out about losing your "right to bear". No one is talking about that who has any power......if you are not a felon with a recorded history of psychosis, neo, you have nothing to worry about.

You anxiety is unwarranted, and your paranoia is ridiculous. No one is trying to take away your right to bear arms.
They haven't been, ever. So - just relax. Eh? Just relax!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'm not willing to go that route because I think it's demoralizing. I'm not worried about money and never will be.

You make excellent points with which any sane citizen would agree.

You have proven that there isn't enough of an issue directly tied to Radical Islam Extremists to make the case that there should be any law governing Muslims specifically in the United States or its territories.

Now consider the argument that greater disasters may happen from these same ones which threaten us on a national level instead of merely a local level everyday. How would you ease the minds of these same citizens and what solutions would you propose that could help us to remedy the issue of security in the face of these threats?

I agree that local violence is worse by far right now. But local violence is not necessarily a detriment to national security so much as it is to its respective districts.

Please understand I'm not coming from a place of judging, I notice that you think that I am. Let me remind you that John Adams despised his decision, even if the modern day People are too simple to understand the gravity and damage to innocents of such proposals.

ETA: I agree with your ETA. Good point.
edit on 6/21/2016 by TarzanBeta because: ETA squared

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Come again?

When the mob fears their armed next door neighbors more than their own government?

Who is being ASININE?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You are being asinine and flipping out about someone taking away your right to protect yourself. No one is trying to do that. Thinking they will is what is asinine. Again, in case the blood in your eyes has clouded your vision: I have guns in my house. I know how to use them. I am not worried about anyone coming to "take them away."

That just is not going to happen.
So - relax.....
get over your paranoid, panicky hysteria. Please. It's exhausting. Your mobster neighbors know that you have guns. We all have guns. I'm not talking about taking away your guns - neither is anyone else who is sane.

It just isn't happening. Yet you spend every day fretting and wringing your hands and gnashing your teeth about this far-fetched, hypothetical scenario that is more akin to "Mad Max" than any reality can possibly match.....

your blood pressure must be through the roof - !!!!
why do you insist on doing that to yourself?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

But the criminal background check forces people underground.

And they still get a gun.

Now what?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You anxiety is unwarranted, and your paranoia is ridiculous.

Unwanrrented eh.

They haven't been eh.

The National Firearms Act (NFA), 73rd Congress, Sess. 2, ch. 757, 48 Stat. 1236, enacted on June 26, 1934, currently codified as amended as I.R.C. ch. 53, is an Act of Congress in the United States that, in general, imposes a statutory excise tax on the manufacture and transfer of certain firearms and mandates the registration of those firearms. The Act was passed shortly after the repeal of Prohibition. The NFA is also referred to as Title II of the Federal firearms laws. The Gun Control Act of 1968 ("GCA") is Title I.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA or GCA68) is a U.S. federal law that regulates the firearms industry and firearms owners. It primarily focuses on regulating interstate commerce in firearms by generally prohibiting interstate firearms transfers except among licensed manufacturers, dealers and importers.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) — officially, the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act — is a subsection of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, a United States federal law that included a prohibition on the manufacture for civilian use of certain semi-automatic firearms it defined as assault weapons, as well as certain ammunition magazines it defined as "large capacity."

en.wikipedia.org...

The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (Pub.L. 103–159, 107 Stat. 1536, enacted November 30, 1993), often referred to as the Brady Act and commonly called the Brady Bill,[1][2] is an Act of the United States Congress that mandated federal background checks on firearm purchasers in the United States, and imposed a five-day waiting period on purchases, until the NICS system was implemented in 1998.

en.wikipedia.org...

President Barack Obama would likely veto a bill shutting down the controversial Operation Choke Point and similar tactics used by federal regulators to financially target disfavored industries such as gun stores and payday lenders.

White House Threatens to Veto Bill to Shut Down Operation Choke Point

Stopping the spread of deadly assault weapons

www.whitehouse.gov...

If your going to interject yourself in to this discussion.

At least KNOW what your talking about.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yes, they do.

What do you mean: "Now what?"

Now nothing. There's no controlling it; there's nothing for it.
The least we can do is make sure that known psychos don't get guns.....

nutjobs will always be able to get them.

The idea of a house-to-house confiscation program is ridiculous......
It isn't going to happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

You are being asinine and flipping out about someone taking away your right to protect yourself. No one is trying to do that. Thinking they will is what is asinine. Again, in case the blood in your eyes has clouded your vision: I have guns in my house. I know how to use them. I am not worried about anyone coming to "take them away."

That just is not going to happen.
So - relax.....
get over your paranoid, panicky hysteria. Please. It's exhausting. Your mobster neighbors know that you have guns. We all have guns. I'm not talking about taking away your guns - neither is anyone else who is sane.

It just isn't happening. Yet you spend every day fretting and wringing your hands and gnashing your teeth about this far-fetched, hypothetical scenario that is more akin to "Mad Max" than any reality can possibly match.....

your blood pressure must be through the roof - !!!!
why do you insist on doing that to yourself?

You do realize that you are responding to someone that believes there is a government conspiracy to stop people from eating bacon, right?

I wish I was making that up, but I am not.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Would you like some Bacon with that Troll ?

Hold the guns and ammo cause there 'baaaaad'.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yeah, I realize it....
it makes me sad. One would think that someone who is on here every day would have a better grasp of reality.....
:/

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join