It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This NOT Giving Painkillers Unless Your Head has Been Cut Off is Insanity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
My aunt took me shopping last night at a nice department store. I had an important court date this morning (haven't done anything illegal, has to do with my mortgage). For this part, I had to go pro se, free legal services have done mainly what they can do, over 6 pr 7 years.

I got a new dress, a light summer blazer and some wedge heeled sandals. I haven't worn heels in some time, other that wide heeled 3-4 inch boots. Wedges seemed safe.

Court went great. Got all the things I asked for. Walked all over downtown in these comfy shoes. Up and down steep steps in County hall. I was very happy with them.

I get home and needed to make a call to the opposing law firm. Walked in the den. Tripped on an edge of carpet and the next thing I know I am sort of midair and hearing someone scream like bloody murder. The scream, was apparently me. I felt parts of my right foot move from one side to another side along with 4 or 5 feelings like a tearing inside.

I was then on the ground. I attempted to get up. Moving or putting weight on my right foot was NOT going to happen. My cell phone was not charged. I could not get up into the chair in front of the computer for skype. I crawled, finally, to the unused 'obamaphone' on a charger in the hall.
Thanks Obama!

I called 911. I go to the ER. A PA looks at my x rays, says a bad sprain or major tears. Really, thanks genius. But he refers me to an orthopedic surgeon. I tell him I already have one, which I do and have an appt on thursday. This PA, probably about 22 years old, says he is sending a Rx for 600 mg ibuprofin to my pharmacy (&*^*%*(%)*%). I don't have a headache or muscle ache, I hurt so much I am still half crying every other minute.
I ask him if perhhaps something stronger can be prescribed. He says "No, we don't do that for this."

I picked it up, but am relying on Meloxicam (an antiinflammatory) my ortho dr gave me for my knees and cyclobenzaprine, a mild thing for back spasms from my primary dr I had at home. Neither of which are really for pain.

The world has just gone mad. I would have taken a script for 5 days worth.

I will need to find a friend to drop off liquor, a shot or 2 would help me right about now.

Irritated and in pain reldra rant over .

edit on 21-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Holy christ...I have to get to the bathroom again. It is either crawling or a painful inch by inch on crutches. hmmmm

(post by Quantum12 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Reldra, can you identify Elder trees ( of berry fame)?
Take a handful of leaves and bruise them in a mortar and postal. Place them on your injury and wrap some gauze or an ace bandage to hold them in place.

Sorry for your pain

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

OMGEE, that is terrible. I feel so bad for you. If you live near Santa Monica Ca I can get you something for your pain. That is sad the PA would not do more for you. I am sorry Relda!

Ty Quantum
but I am in NY.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Reldra, can you identify Elder trees ( of berry fame)?
Take a handful of leaves and bruise them in a mortar and postal. Place them on your injury and wrap some gauze or an ace bandage to hold them in place.

Sorry for your pain

No idea what they look like or if they grow here. I suppose I could look them up.

ty

edit on 21-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I've been in permanent pain. Seven years so far. Exploded disc, jammed into sciatic nerve.
Two operations, nerve damage and built up scar tissue on the nerve.

The stuff they give me is absolutely useless and only just touches the problem.
I've tried a variety of different ones but the Doctors are completely terrified of "real" painkillers and just fob me off with rubbish.
Their biggest fear is addiction (I'm not scared!) But I don't see why.
I'm never getting better and have to take them anyway.....so what's the bleedin difference?

Anyway, the Doctor never feels your pain so doesn't empathise. Too busy worrying about their careers if they actually DARE to give you something that really works.
Also, they get paid even if you die so why should we trust the slimey horrors?

Sorry, hijacked your rant but I do sympathise.

edit on 21-6-2016 by Tulpa because: and again

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

They do grow there and we are very close geographically. Are you upstate or city? They're everywhere outside of the cities across the entire northern hemisphere.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Stop the drugs, start inversion therapy and hatha yoga. Long road, but it will work.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I had the opposite happen recently. Had a doc casually poke his head into my room while I was waiting and asked suppper casual like if I wanted some Lorazapam. I was like uh, no? Didn't I literally JUST tell you that I don't take ANYthing unless I absolutely HAVE to? He kinda shrugged and said "okay cool what evz."

#floored

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

600 mg ibuprofen is still hard on the stomach lining, worse for some than others, and can cause bleeding, it might hurt the liver too. My Dr, who is also a friend, prescribed me that when I damaged the sciatic nerve, and I ended more sick from the tabs, than from the pain from the back and leg, and I mean really sick.
I told him, "Some friend" but the thing is I never had painkillers like that before, something of a catch 22 for the doctor if there is no history. Nowadays and for some time, the doctor should ask you about your abillity to take painkillers, (that includes your current lifestyle) before prescribing, but still there is a risk there.

Serious Side Effects of Ibuprofen
Liver failure or inflammation of the liver
Low platelet count
Blood in the urine
Urinary tract infection
A condition in which the bone marrow is unable to make enough white blood cells, known as agranulocytosis
Low red blood cell count, or anemia
Severe and potentially life-threatening skin reactions such as Stevens-Johnson Syndrome or toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN)
Stroke
Heart attack
High blood pressure (normally a greater risk with long-term use and while taking certain other medications)
Kidney damage.

'Aleve' is the same kind of drug as ibuprofen, but it's effects last longer, so less tablets per day are needed.

'Tylenol' works differently and eases pain, but not active in the stomach, (probably what I should have got)

I hope your footsy gets better

edit on 21-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Don't blame you at all! Recently the CDC, of all things, has mandated that senior citizens who are being treated at legal pain clinics by fully accredited doctors, HAVE to have their pain meds reduced to next to nothing. This is REGARDLESS of their pain levels as they're using the SAME yardstick to measure EVERYONE by.

It's like they aren't taking into consideration that everyone and how their meds work for them are TOTALLY different...and they DON'T CARE! They apparently think seniors can't be trusted to take their meds correctly! So they're treating us ALL like preschoolers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the two are connected as far as the distribution of pain meds, low level or not, is being done. It's absolutely assinine that the flippin' CDC even has its nose in any of this!!

Hope you managed to get your couple of shots and got it all under control!! 😁 Been there, done that!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This just happened to my 15 yr old...

Last month he needed 8 stitches in his calf from falling off his bike. The wound was 3 inches wide and equally deep.

I met my 15 yr old at the ER because he got there by ambulance. This means I got there to a covered wound waiting for treatment. I swear I almost fainted when I saw what the emt told me over the phone was needing "2 stitches". I not only had to make the ER give him pain meds before they took him to get xrays, I had to call the pediatrician the next day for more than Motrin because my tough child was crying from pain.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

There is also a WONDERFUL powder made from the Kratom plant that will knock pain out but not you. It's a natural remedy, but for now can only be purchased on line. You might want to look it up. It's a little pricey, but well worth it if the Powers That Be aren't doing their job and taking care of you. You'll find it under "Kratom". Good luck!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

That's part of the injustice of it all.
Being denied something you need, only to see it offered out like sweets to people who don't seem to really need or even want it!
Makes it hurt a bit worse for a little while.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I am very sorry to hear that, after the rescheduling of hydrocodone (i believe last year) it is now almost hardly ever seen and hospitals cannot prescribe it anymore, BUT, im surprised they were unwilling to prescribe Tylenol 4 (with codeine) or Tramadol (a synthetic opioid) both of which are liberally prescribed here in Texas for the most minor of injuries. I do not like NSAIDs, the way they make me feel. Anyway I wish I could help and im sorry they did you like that, though if I had been there and spoke on your behalf I'm almost sure you would of walked away with the pain management you needed ( im not suggesting you didn't say the right thing, just that having back up when dealing with an asshole doctor is helpful) This whole situation is really #ed up because doctors are becoming unwilling to control pain and that is because of government intervention and the war of drugs. Keep us up to date

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I had no idea the things are so bad over there. To not give pain medication to someone who's in real bad pains is downright cruelty.
It makes you wonder what is the point of medical care who doesn't care about people well being?
It makes me angry only to think about it. Hope you find a solution ( I don't want to break some ATS rules by suggesting something even slightly illegal) and feel better soon.
edit on 21-6-2016 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

yeah, this new law...makes it hard. they give you little and smaller refills have to see the doc more often.....you could try

DL phenylalanine....it is sold as just d and just l, but it must be both togethor or does not relieve pain...I would read up if you are taking any meds..but is is supposed to help other pain meds work better...it is a form of amino acid

sorry you fell

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
if I wanted some Lorazapam. I was like uh, no?

I would of been like, hell to the yea, lets do this!

Btw i like your avatar, she did a good strong female role in that underrated post WW3 movie (which i enjoyed)
edit on 21-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It seems that nowadays any opiate pain meds. are to only be distributed by a certified pain management doctor who has taken the classes. Being a "C.P." (Chronic Pain) patient I've been on the same dose for 12 years. When I was on 7 Rx meds. I had a co-pay of $20.00 but when I weaned off the other 5, I now get $1207.00 month deducted from My retirement check for "Affordable Care".

The true patient of course pays the penalty for the Dr. Shopper and the 1,000s who used the opiates for a recreational purpose, those who didn't kill themselves are now either using heroin or are incarcerated or are in some re-hab.

What else has happened in that time? In 2001 Afghanistan supplied 7% of the world's opium, now it is closer to 90% and the U.S. has had an opiate pain med epidemic and now a heroin epidemic, oddly both of these come from the aforementioned opium poppy... Coincidence?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join