It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some what if speculation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Having been lurking and casually posting on this board since way back in 2002 (had a different screen name then), you could say I have been around the block a few times. I know my way around a lot of material and seemingly unrelated theories and conspiracies.
I want to throw something out there for people to chew on but I wanted to say upfront before I got into the meat of it that its speculation, but speculation based off of a long term observation and trends. Don't jump down my throat and trash it, just swirl it around and savoir it a little before throwing your comment it.

That out of the way lets get to it.

What if the One Worlders are themselves in a struggle. A struggle between two factions of secret groups and organizations who cant decide on how to handle something. Something big, that if disclosed to the general public would cause mass hysteria and panic. Something they cant really do anything about anyway. So one faction has decided that they are going to try and ride out this big problem. They are going to suck as many resources from the well as possible and hope they can hide for it to blow over. The other group has been using the media for decades to try and convince the general public that there is a threat that is coming and that they should be prepared for that threat all the while not disclosing what that threat actually is.
What if the whole Zombie apocalypse meme is just one way to influence it, the alien abduction meme, the alien invasion meme, the environmental disaster meme, the global warming meme. All of it, just a way to make people see a threat that they should be working to survive.
Lets look at something in this vein that might explain some recent activity.
Lets assume that the powers that be have come into knowledge of an impending asteroid strike on the globe. They dont know where exactly its going to hit but they know its somewhere in the middle east. What if they started all of these wars in the middle east in order to drive the people out of that area and exploit the resources there as quick as possible so they could be used?
What if the collective concern in the US over gun confiscations has been deliberately generated to actually promote the proliferation of gun ownership due to the impending threat?
What if the economic disaster that is on the horizon is there because the secret groups have been looting the public in order to build their own means of surviving this impending threat?
What if this threat is not an Asteroid?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

What if we forgot about paragraphs.

No seriously, if you knew something like this was going to happen - would you tell everyone in the world so we could all go underground and ride it out, or would you get your own family and friends to safety and feel lucky?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Not sure why you felt the need for a writing lesson, I did use paragraphs but maybe they didnt show up on your display so...

The problem is that if it was so big and outlandish people would not believe you.
If for example you were on the inside and knew that a massive alien invasion was coming and tried to tell everyone that the governments of earth knew about it, no one would believe you.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

If you hide and don't warn others you deserve to die in agony and reincarnate as a boil for a thousand life times.

Op, sometimes I find myself musing about the same things...your speculation is no more invalid than any others
..kinda makes you wonder, except most of those in power are greedy, worthless, scum and don't think about anything beyond their own miserable ego.

See politicians , especially presently
edit on 21-6-2016 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure people still deserve to know even if they risk you not believing it.
I'm just saying that I would be willing to bet that tptb would not really like the world to continue on being so overpopulated with cheap and crapy ways of feeding everyone.

Also, I was just making a what if joke about the paragraphs as a way to make a what if joke and a jab at grammar nazis all in one.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Well all I can say is that people better open their own eyes and make their own decisions.
No one's going to lead you there, you have to be proactive.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, governments are damn sure spending money like there's no tomorrow. Maybe there's not?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Oh I agree with you, certainly don't expect fair warning...and yes proactive is the word of the day.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Hehe well said

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You follow my same logic.
I struggled for years with wondering why are they telling me this?
Silly me made an assumption in the beginning that it was one power..
Take away the assumption and it's much clearer.

I think it's more like 3 factions though.
The third wants the world to burn.

but yes print money borrow money and only hold inflation back just long enough that the expending whatever comes before people start going hungry. Meanwhile use that money to pick up the real value.. Work/gold/oil/bases/technology.

as crazy as this may sound I think I came into direct contact with these groups. Why me of course?? No idea but seemed I was to be a patsy.. And seemed connected to Russia.
Crazy talk just some crazy talk. But it made me feel like USA was not a safe place to be in the future and buying guns is something the USA or this faction wants so we can defend the landmass for them..

I'm just waiting to see what happens.
It feels like they are playing a game and we are all caught in the middle.
aliens whatever that means would not surprise me in the least..

edit on 21-6-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01
What if the One Worlders are themselves in a struggle. A struggle between two factions of secret groups and organizations who cant decide on how to handle something.

This is the part of your post that jumps out at me ... because I have more or less been speculating about it myself for years. What if the so-called secret powers that be (whether human or other) are in fact less unified and less omni-powerful than most people believe them to be. Perhaps if you look between the lines of known history, you will glimpse the secret battle lines hidden behind the obvious ones... but yeah.

You know what that means, don't you? More power to us..... certainly more power to us than anyone of the proverbial them would care to admit.

My other thought is, that if there is a threat, it's beyond the physical. The true battle might be taking place within the realm of consciousness or within the realm of beliefs. Which means that most people will be looking for conflict points in all the wrong places....

But hey, that's just my thought..... stay wary, stay awake, folks...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You touched on something I had been having thoughts about lately in light of recent events. Any time these mass shootings crop up people freak out that it's just a means of taking guns away, yet no real laws have been signed doing so and in fact numbers show more people purchase guns after these shootings. I had the same thought process of wondering if someone wanted people to arm themselves. Your theory explains in vague terms a possible "why" that I was missing.
edit on 21-6-2016 by PaidShill because: Derp

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Good post Dragoon. My take?

We don't need the concept of alien invasion or asteroid impact or super volcano or any other cataclysmic even to bolster your conjectures. The course of human development can account for much of it.

First and foremost our scholars have known for a long time that civilizations come and go. Even continent spanning civilizations. We have had the Greek fall and the Roman fall and the Egyptian fall to tell us this now for centuries. For those who have paid attention it has been clear that no matter how advanced or how controlled or how successful a civilization is, they have always fallen. Now we also have not only those famous falls of Western Civ, our knowledge of ancient civilizations has spread to the huge number all around the world that have fallen, many to be buried in the jungle, others in the sand and others beneath the sea.

This alone is enough to spur those with the knowledge to try to prepare for another fall. The HOW to prepare is the question that divides the powers that be. As you suggest, they are not unified, and as I suspect many are not nefarious.
Some still think that we can make things better, that the trends of history can be challenged and altered. Others most likely do not think this. Your idea of those who prepare for doom is most likely very very real. I think they have bought and prepared their redoubts and their enclaves and bunkers. Not just a hole dug under my house but vast and fortified and defensible installations.

As we look at the world now, it has never in recorded history been this full of people. Where once we were roving tribes and settling tribes that grew into city states and nations and civilizations, now we basically fill the world with one large world wide civilization. Anyone with an ounce of common sense and a knowledge of history can see that it is a safe bet that this one too will crumble.

Into this mix is a lot more knowledge that scholars have garnered. The ecologists, the naturalists the psychologists and on and on. Add all of these schools together and it is easy to consider that we, for the most part are out of control. That we grow and expand, use and deplete and to a large degree destroy almost everything in our path. And those scholars have been writing papers and books on this subject for a century warning us and still we go on with little change in our behavior.

So yes, I think that those with this knowledge and the resources to prepare to endure the coming collapse are doing so. They will not only preserve their own life support but the wealth of our arts and sciences along with them in preparation for a time when they and their descendants can carry on. And why would they tell us, i'd only freak us out and bring it about that much sooner.

Good luck to ya.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

I'm pretty sure people still deserve to know even if they risk you not believing it.
I'm just saying that I would be willing to bet that tptb would not really like the world to continue on being so overpopulated with cheap and crapy ways of feeding everyone.

Also, I was just making a what if joke about the paragraphs as a way to make a what if joke and a jab at grammar nazis all in one.

Hey Joke accepted, sometimes its hard to see humor via written posts.
You are right, someone else mentioned a possible third way (those wishing for DEpopulation) I think that is a real possibility.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Good replies folks,
I have for a wile now also looked at history from the perspective of what is really three motivations.
People,
Princes,
Priests.

All three seeking to be in charge in some way shape or form.
The People, just everyday folks looking to live out their lives are often not looked at as a separate motivation because they typically are at the receiving end of history and not the ones making it happen.
Until recently, and I mean the last 200 years, they basically had no real say in the matter and were fought over by the other two.

The Princes,
That is those who assume hereditary power. Many were self made and took power but have done everything they could to pass that on to their children and selected others. This is government insiders and those who seek to grow and expand the controlling power of government. This is the entertainers and sports hero's who offer their face or support to further the goals of the Princes.

The Priests,
That is those who seek slavish conformity to ideology or religion. This is not by definition only religion. Scientists and academics fall into this group. Those who seek to control the course of human nature because they are so conceited as to believe that they and they alone are smarter or more devout than the average man and thus more capable of making decisions.

There are overt and covert aspects to all of these groups and it is my opinion that the coverts have some information of a large impending event that will shake the world as we know it and completely upset the status of our lives.
That event could be as "normal" as a massive financial collapse but I have a feeling for some reason that it is related to a large natural disaster.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So far in this very young century, we have had two really bad incidents, both, as it happened, Tsunamis, brought on by crust movement, so I'm thinking be prepared for more crust movements and or volcanic activity, volcanic activity has gone up 300% in the last 2,000 years (Qi, BBC America).

new topics

top topics

join