It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Adviser Demands National Gun Registry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Now we have yet another expert saying the U.S. should further infringe on the Constitution.

This one is some kind of Homeland security adviser and a former FBI agent.

This guy says a national gun registry could make mass murders less likely.

But he never addressed the un-registered or illegally obtained guns that most criminals use when committing crimes.

He also says the Orlando killer Omar Mateen should never have been able to buy a gun legally.

Homeland Security Adviser Demands National Gun Registry

Following the terror attack in Orlando, the dominant media/political narrative turned to gun control and now-discredited claims of the suspect's mental illness (claims which included gay-baiting).

Now, one controversial former FBI agent -- and current consultant to the Obama administration on "countering violent extremism" (CVE) -- is suggesting a national gun registry be created. Such a registry would target millions of law-abiding American citizens.

Gamal Abdel-Hafiz, born in Cairo, immigrated to the U.S. in 1990. He recently retired from the FBI after 22 turbulent years at the bureau. Following the Orlando attack, Abdel-Hafiz explained his rationale for creating a national gun registry:

A former FBI counter-terrorism agent says lawmakers could make mass murders less likely. "What we need to do is keep the ownership of guns known to the government, so we know who has what," said security consultant Gamal Abdel-Hafiz. β€œAnd I know a lot of people are against that.”

The Thought Police

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
And more on this guy's credentials....

Abdel-Hafiz was ordered fired in May 2003 by the FBI's top disciplinary officer for a variety of personal and professional problems, including insurance fraud and mismanagement of important 9/11-related files at the bureau's office in Riyadh.

The ordering firing Abdel-Hafiz was later overruled in 2004 by a special three-man panel convened to hear the case. As Newsweek reported, his reinstatement coincided with efforts by the FBI to hire more Muslim and Arabic-speaking personnel.

BUT

Despite his reinstatement, controversy continued to follow the troubled FBI agent.

As the New York Times reported just last year, the reinstated Abdel-Hafiz was placed in the bureau's Post-Adjudication Risk Management program in 2012 that stripped him of access to certain classified material that he claimed was necessary to do his job.

Yet now he is advising the Obama administration on their "countering violent extremism" policies. We have heard disturbing reports recently from other "CVE" advisers, such as one who said that the 9/11 terror attacks "changed the world for good" and another who blamed 9/11 on Israel.

The Perfect Government Employee !!!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I love my state, not only do they not register guns but....

Georgia does not require the registration of firearms owned by citizens. Georgia law actually prohibits local city/county governments from registering firearms when applying for a firearms license. However dangerous weapons (as described above) must be registered in compliance with the National Firearm Act (NFA) of 1934 and Federal Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968 (information on how to register an NFA firearm is beyond the scope of this document).

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Gee if the guy was really thinking he might know that if you take away the terrorists guns they can always use bombs and cars or trucks .Heck they can use knives and forks if they wanted to .. There is a rumour going around the world that the real terrorists want to take away the Americans guns from them . I wonder why they would want to do that /sarc

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

This guy says a national gun registry could make mass murders less likely.

Canada had one for years....the only thing I remover about it was that it was a costly bureaucratic nightmare. There's still one for hand guns I think, just not rifles.

New laws and registries aren't going to help keep down gun crime. You're already not supposed to shoot each other, that law doesn't even work..πŸ˜•
Americans just have to stop shooting each other.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Does anyone remember how to amend the constitution?

You don't just pass a law and it's done. Otherwise that law can just be struck down by the supreme court.

Pretty sure the left would not want the 14th just legislated away without following the amendment process (nor would I)

Bring up the vote. If you get a 2/3rds you can change the 2nd.

edit on 21-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well he can demand in one hand and $%$@ in the other.

This is getting ridiculous, why are they so afraid of people that don't break laws, Maybe he should of done a better job with all our tax money they waste.

edit on 21-6-2016 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

A national gun registry is what the government wants. When it comes time Congress will pass more laws against guns and they will soon.

Apparently the government is targeting law biding Americans who have already registered their guns. When it comes time, the government will know of some registered gun owner and come take their guns away, I believe that is part of the government plan.

Is the government targeting the criminals who own guns illegally, No they are not. Americans need to wake up and fast! The real enemy lies in Washington who's politions are protected by many secrete services men toting guns.

Question: Why doesn't Congress live by the very laws they past?
edit on 21-6-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It already is

2 different gun stores called in about Omar

Government failure to act when they had the chance. No gun registry would have stopped this.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

You're right ...the registry is just to make their job easier confiscating the guns of people who don't want to join an EU like oligarchy they're trying to impose on the world.

Hitler, kublah khan, ...all kinds of arses have tried the same

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca
I think Texas has followed the same scheme.

Compliance would be near nil as far as existing owners are concerned.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The perfect "OBAMA" employee lol..

This guy can take his ideas and shove them right down his own throat, and that goes for toilet water Obama as well.

What a bunch of stupid POS's Obama and friends really are.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Americans just have to stop shooting each other.

Tell that to Vice-President Dick Chaney.

In America, shooting is sport.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

A national gun registry is what the government wants. When it comes time Congress will pass more laws against guns and they will soon.

But, will they make me register my homemade "3D Printed" gun, like Australia does?

If so, I'll just destroy my 3D Print Gun, to be in compliance, and RE-PRINT my gun whenever I need to use it.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

What a bunch of stupid traitorous POS's Obama and friends really are.

There, fixed that for ya...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not to mention... the data in the registry would be pure gold for which criminals would pay well.

One spy; one disgruntled government IT worker or contractor; one smart kid in a basement; and the data is out in the wild.

A nice tidy list of guns and known addresses at which to find them.

What's the cleanup look like when that data is breached or leaked? All the owners get relocated at government expense? The government covers the amount for your alarm service or security guard for the rest of your days?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

So Trump was an evil dictator when he wanted a registry of Muslims coming into the country. . . . .

But it's okay to have a registry on all guns?

I'm sure criminals will be the first to sign up!

Idiots!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

People in Hell demand ice-water...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This actually hurts the leftists.

Imagine any of them starting a rant on the registration of them poor Muslims, when they champion the registration of all gun-owning Americans.

Because they won't just be registering guns.

They will be registering the people that own them.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Because they won't just be registering guns.

They will be registering the people that own them.

More importantly, they'll be registering the "thoughts" of people that choose certain kinds of guns.

The kind of guns the government thinks only mass murderers would want, hence perfect excuse to put those registered gun owners on the "watchlist".

So, effectively, people registering their firearms, will be unknowingly flagging the government about their habits and putting their own names on the watchlist, without the government even having to bother doing any background research on these individuals.

Clueless souls.

All of a sudden, you buy a gun, and find you can no longer fly.

And nobody to tell you why, since it's all secret.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join