It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three arrested at Holland Tunnel with cache of weapons on way to New York

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Reuters is reporting that three people were arrested today near the Holland Tunnel, a major crossing that connects New Jersey and New York City.

Two men in their 50s and a woman in her 20s were arrested after police pulled their vehicle over at the toll plaza for a cracked windshield around 7:40 a.m. ET (1140 GMT) and discovered the cache of weapons, according to a spokesman for the Port Authority Police Department, which patrols the tunnel. The three were stopped on the New Jersey side of the tunnel, although it was not immediately clear where the vehicle was headed. A spokeswoman for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Kelly Langmesser, said counter-terrorism agents were not involved because the case had no "terrorism nexus." There is no immediate threat, she added. A camouflage helmet with what appeared to be night-vision goggles was also taken from the vehicle, NBC 4 New York reported.

Details are still coming out as this is a developing story.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I heard about this earlier on the local news and they think it may be drug related.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

Reuters is reporting that three people were arrested today near the Holland Tunnel, a major crossing that connects New Jersey and New York City.

Two men in their 50s and a woman in her 20s were arrested after police pulled their vehicle over at the toll plaza for a cracked windshield around 7:40 a.m. ET (1140 GMT) and discovered the cache of weapons, according to a spokesman for the Port Authority Police Department, which patrols the tunnel. The three were stopped on the New Jersey side of the tunnel, although it was not immediately clear where the vehicle was headed. A spokeswoman for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Kelly Langmesser, said counter-terrorism agents were not involved because the case had no "terrorism nexus." There is no immediate threat, she added. A camouflage helmet with what appeared to be night-vision goggles was also taken from the vehicle, NBC 4 New York reported.

Details are still coming out as this is a developing story.
what's with the bottle opener .50 cal and gentex helmet? Pretty strange haul for a drug dealer?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Looks like a goody box to me

Really, though. I bet they were transporting it for an illegal sale in NY.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Why does the pic have a "Heroin dealer" sticker on something in the upper right hand corner?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Drug dealers need to open their beer in style too.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Gee...let me guess...the upper right corner has "heroin dealer"...above the weapons. Good clue that the fuzz has nabbed bad guys (and girl) selling drugs and guns!

Also BS on the cops... police pulled their vehicle over at the toll plaza for a cracked windshield ... nope, don't believe this came down from a cracked windshield...not a chance. Every happy to see the fuzz get the bad guys but give us a break and come up with a better story as to how and why they nabbed these scum bags.

Here is an idea...tell the truth.

CHeers

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JaMeDoIt

Also BS on the cops... police pulled their vehicle over at the toll plaza for a cracked windshield ... nope, don't believe this came down from a cracked windshield...not a chance.

Why bigger things have been found for less traffic violations.

Also being pulled over makes certain people nervous...a good sign there is something else going on especially if your transporting drugs or guns...the police are the last one's you want to have contact with.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

what's with the bottle opener

It was a thank you gift for buying their weapons.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I wonder how many of those arms were purchased after a background check…

Edit: Wondering something else, too. Not many vehicles get pulled over for 'cracked windshield', do they?

Don't answer that ATS, LEO, terror task force members…

edit on 21-6-2016 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Gotta love the Daily News

Cops nab trio of 'vigilantes' at Holland Tunnel with loaded guns, 'America' gun clip and 2,000 rounds of ammo

Relax. All three are "white."

Nice truck.

edit on 6/21/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Edit: Wondering something else, too. Not many vehicles get pulled over for 'cracked windshield', do they?

Why wouldn't they be as it is a violation in NJ.

www.judiciary.state.nj.us...

And yes people do get pulled over for cracked windshields all the time.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have that exact bottle opener. Got it at The Chivery
LOL

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So is there actually any indication that they did anything illegal other than have a cracked windshield

What are the legalities associated with those weapons in NJ and NY

I'm just trying to understand the point of the story I guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Nice truck

It's a shame an idiot owned it.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity ohh boy, thank God for a minute I though it was a terrorist attack.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Looks like 4 1911's , sig 938, mossberg 500 and ar pistol. Maybe they were going to the shooting range, but who knows

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Have you tried actually reading any of the links posted?

The trio was stopped on the New Jersey toll plaza for the tunnel at about 7:40 a.m. for driving a vividly colored red, black and green Dodge pickup with a cracked windshield, police said. When a Port Authority Police officer looked into a window, he saw the magazine for a gun.

NJ and NY don't mess around with guns.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Not seeing the cracked windshield.

Maybe they were going to a flea market.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FredWreck

Still could have been but apparently was not. You might have missed my sarcasm.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join