It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's FEMA denies emergency funds for Orlando Terror Attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am at a loss for words here. Your hate is incredible.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
First of all lets us not pretend Obama has anything to do with this decision. If you think it was go choice or not the simple fact is FEMA has certain criteria for Federal Funding. It generally starts at a very high amount that states and local government could not be expected to come up with. It is design to help a community during a major disaster. It has never been used for a mass shooting. A sad as this all is the City has not been severely demanded, emergency housing is not needed, the city and state are more than capable of handling this. FEMA only has so much in funding and they need that for large scale disasters.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I am at a loss for words here. Your hate is incredible.

What hate??????

If the citys doesny need the money then why spend it?

MrSpad above spell it out clearly!

Im not denying it was a tragedy or a act of terror.

I just dont see how throwing fedral money at it will improve anything.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
First of all lets us not pretend Obama has anything to do with this decision. If you think it was go choice or not the simple fact is FEMA has certain criteria for Federal Funding. It generally starts at a very high amount that states and local government could not be expected to come up with. It is design to help a community during a major disaster. It has never been used for a mass shooting. A sad as this all is the City has not been severely demanded, emergency housing is not needed, the city and state are more than capable of handling this. FEMA only has so much in funding and they need that for large scale disasters.

Stop with your logic!!!!

You hatefull terrorist sympathiser.

Obama should send a $100000000000000000000000000000000000000

/sarc

link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Ya, and Fort Hood was workplace violence, right?

link   

This is not an emergency of national proportions. It's a tragedy, sure, but if the families, local community, charities, county, and state can't handle this on their own, there's a real problem, here.

This was a good call, IMO...and no, I'm not heartless. Look at it logically.

The money shouldn't have gone to Ferguson, either, IMO.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Your hate. No one spelled out anything correctly. It was a TERROR ATTACK. How the freak is that NOT a large scale event? What is an appropriate response.

It is not throwing Federal Money at it. This money is used for the ONGOING investigation and security. Sorry, you may think it is over but I know cops working 16 hour shifts right now protecting the city and outlying areas.

250 million for a convenience store and some dilapidated storefront. That was needed? 5 million would help keep this investigation alive...they killed it....and if you think it has nothing to do with the POTUS then he is a bigger turd than I thought.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

As far as the investigation the FBI has taken it over and they are federally funded. Overtime for police? Aside from some vigils and rallies there shouldn't be too much added to their workload. We are not in any state of alert, but police are still patrolling the same as always.

250 million for a convenience store, WTH are you talking about?

You don't seem to have any idea what FEMA is meant for. You can look it up though there is a website that will spell it out for you. fema
edit on 21-6-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Your hate.

What hate??????

Who am i hateing?

matafuchs one spelled out anything correctly. It was a TERROR ATTACK. How the freak is that NOT a large scale event? What is an appropriate response.

Were did I deny it was a terrorist attack?
Thats right I DIDNT!

matafuchs itnot throwing Federal Money at it. This money is used for the ONGOING investigation and security. Sorry, you may think it is over but I know cops working 16 hour shifts right now protecting the city and outlying areas.

But is the state able to cover that cost? By the sounds of it they are.

Plus they are likely getting support from the FBI, thats outside of FEMAS scope i believe?

edit on 21-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
FEMA funds are for instances where there is extensive damage to buildings, homes, as a result of disasters, both man-made and natural. Hurricanes, tornado outbreaks, flooding, earthquakes, riots, wildfires, and other examples where the result is mass damage.

This does not fall under FEMA purview, and the request for FEMA funds was nothing more than a political stunt aimed to fire up conservatives in Florida, since the governor knew before he sent the request that it would be denied.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

a three-year, $263 million spending package to increase use of body-worn cameras, expand training for law enforcement and add more resources for police department reform. The package includes $75 million for the small, lapel-mounted cameras to record police on the job.

It was not for fixing the community it was to fix the the police department. Not help...fix to make it less racist with body cameras costing 75 million.

That is not a waste?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

What does that have to do with FEMA? Do you think FEMA paid for body cameras?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Your hate. No one spelled out anything correctly. It was a TERROR ATTACK. How the freak is that NOT a large scale event? What is an appropriate response.

It is not throwing Federal Money at it. This money is used for the ONGOING investigation and security. Sorry, you may think it is over but I know cops working 16 hour shifts right now protecting the city and outlying areas.

250 million for a convenience store and some dilapidated storefront. That was needed? 5 million would help keep this investigation alive...they killed it....and if you think it has nothing to do with the POTUS then he is a bigger turd than I thought.

That is not what FEMA is for. It is for large scale disasters. Not law enforcement of which a massive amount if being spent on a dozen federal agencies in Orlando as is. Is Orlando as disaster area? No. Does FEMA ever fund mass shootings? No. It legally can not. It answers to a set of standards set down by Congress. This does not meet those standards. FEMA can not override the law nor can the President. Congress could amend it but, they will not.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
instant outrage ! I'm outraged !

I live next to sandy hook. the local toys for tots got so many donations they have many left in storage to this day

these families will be supported locally and from international donations

fema is right

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

This is incredible. It seems that the current US government has denied emergency funds to the people and victims of Orlando following the tragic shooting of close to 100 people by a follower of Islam.

i love how your thread title Boldly claims Obama denies funds, then your first line thread reads, "the US government".... was that a Freudian slip or on purpose. i can guess...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Right in your OP from the source:

“Because your request did not demonstrate how the emergency response associated with this situation is beyond the capability of the State and affected local governments or identify any direct federal assistance needed to save lives or protect property, an emergency declaration is not appropriate for this incident,”

Valid response.

This is not a wide-scale federal emergency or disaster beyond the state's capability.

edit on 21-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
No one is right. There is no winner. But in this case, since there were so many killed I would think it would constitute a national emergency. I just cannot believe I live in a world where a lot of people think that funding for a mass terror attack is wrong. I used Ferguson as a comparison to a tragic event. There are riots all the time. After games....parties....etc...there are not terror attacks everyday that could use all the additional funding needed to keep the area safe and all those affected ok.

What gives all of you, or FEMA, or the government the right to choose. Obama stepped up to ask for 250 million after a police shooting and he could not step up here? His admin gave them about 250k. I guess none of you realize that there are still 20 people in the hospital. How about some funding for those who were affected. Katrina handed out debit cards and we all know what happened there.

Stop comparing and have some compassion.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

No one is right. There is no winner. But in this case, since there were so many killed I would think it would constitute a national emergency. I just cannot believe I live in a world where a lot of people think that funding for a mass terror attack is wrong. I used Ferguson as a comparison to a tragic event. There are riots all the time. After games....parties....etc...there are not terror attacks everyday that could use all the additional funding needed to keep the area safe and all those affected ok.

What gives all of you, or FEMA, or the government the right to choose. Obama stepped up to ask for 250 million after a police shooting and he could not step up here? His admin gave them about 250k. I guess none of you realize that there are still 20 people in the hospital. How about some funding for those who were affected. Katrina handed out debit cards and we all know what happened there.

Stop comparing and have some compassion.

Well why not just take the money from schools? How about from the fire department? How about from the military? Oh that would be stupid and illegal. Guess what, same thing with FEMA. The state of Florida has a $3.8 billion rainy day fund for stuff like this. More than enough money and it does not take away from a disaster down the road.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The clutter of threads used only to make a nonsense argument over a political figure you don't like is getting really annoying.
a reply to: reldra

And yet you clicked the link to read and comment on them.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Using a tragedy and heartbreaking event to promote your political ideology or whatever you want to call your diatribe is seriously pathetic. Ffs man have some sympathy for the victims of this horrible incident and get down off your soapbox.

Shaking my head in disgust!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join