It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feral kids, everyone's a winner, all news is bad news.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I saw this following link on another forum. It's from the Daily Mail so some might not want to click on it due to the nature of the newspaper, but give it a go.

Too often we hear of how horrible kids can be to each other, hear how prizes for everyone has made competition a frightening proposition for people...

Well, look at this. A bunch of lads in their last year of primary school had their last sports day before going their separate ways to various high schools and they wanted their mate (who has downs syndrome) to have one last great memory of their time together by linking arms behind him and chasing him across the line in the sprint.

Kudos to these boys, that's what friendship is.

www.dailymail.co.uk... im.html

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Nothing wrong with a little 'feel good' in this world!

Thanks for the story!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

thanks for posting this story!!!!! so much doom and gloom.... I like hearing a nice story here and there, to make up for that!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

There's always good news.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Off topic here to some extent. Don't know the Daily Mail too hard. If repeatedly check it daily just as I do ATS. I see little difference between the two. After all, these days you have to critically judge all news. And where else will you get the occasional camel toe in the news?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Nice video. It's good that every kid gets a medal sometimes, especially for those kids who've never won anything, it's not creating a generation of snowflakes, just kids with a bit of empathy, which can't be a bad thing for the future

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Even in the simplest of things joy can be found. It just proves that people need to connect with each other, not with the technology.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read about, and I am no slacker when it comes to reading!

Wonderful! I am glad that children are actually having a childhood, because I was concerned for a while there, however, stories like this go some way to assuage ones concerns! Just fantastic. All the mothers and fathers of the lads involved should be exploding with pride, not to mention the parents of the winner of the race!

Just lovely!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Glad so many of you liked it.
As adults we are used to being less than great to each other and quick to judge others.

I just loved the fact that these boys (who are so often maligned in one way or another) cared so much for their mate that they even thought of doing this.
I have no doubt they'll grow up to be fine people in time.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Off topic here to some extent. Don't know the Daily Mail too hard. If repeatedly check it daily just as I do ATS. I see little difference between the two. After all, these days you have to critically judge all news. And where else will you get the occasional camel toe in the news?

I agree, taking any one source is usually asking to be lied to and some people just won't read the mail because it does have a poor history of bias. Just like many other papers, but that's why I put the comment in, I'd be fed up if I accidentally clicked on a s*n link.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Nice video. It's good that every kid gets a medal sometimes, especially for those kids who've never won anything, it's not creating a generation of snowflakes, just kids with a bit of empathy, which can't be a bad thing for the future

I would point out that there is a real difference between this and simply giving every kid a medal because they were in the race.

It might take this kid years to really understand what was done for him fully and appreciate it, assuming he ever does, but no matter what he will always have that memory no matter how he ends up remembering it, whether as a day of great triumph or one of great kindness by his classmates.

And those kids will always have that special memory too, and it will make them that much better as people.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dead right. It really struck me as the perfect example of what it means to be mates.

new topics

top topics

join