It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Delong Quit Blink-182 to Investigate UFO's Becasue "National Security"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Our favorite AMA host, Tom Delonge, is in the news today after he claimed in a interview with Science.Mic that investigating UFO's is a nation security issue.

We got a press release that says you decided to not tour with Blink-182 in favor of working on this. What was the decision that went into that?

TD: Well it's not so much about Blink. It's about what I'm doing with my life now. When you're an individual like me, dealing with something that's a national security issue, and you're being gifted with the opportunity to communicate something you've been passionate about your whole life — something that has the opportunity to change the world over time — being a small part of that is enormously important for my life path. But I can't do everything. I can't tour nine months out of the year with enough time to do the enormity of what I'm setting out to do.

This whole business reminds me of Donald Edward Keyhoe, who leveraged his career as a Marine Corps Lieutenant to sell books. You might also remember him from his stories that were planted in the St.Louis Dispatch and San Francisco Examiner in 1954 about artificial "earth satellites" (Black Knight Satellite).

While Tom's new book was a mildy entertaining read, the movie should be good, I really doubt it's anything more than a piece of fiction. Tom likes to claim that there's truth woven into the fiction but I think that's just to sell more books.

Remaining Blink-182ers blast Tom DeLonge for “disrespectful and ungrateful” behavior

In a Rolling Stone interview with Maqrk Hoppus and Travis Barker, the band mates explain why they have separated...

“I think he’s just bummed because Mark and I were finally honest. We always covered up for him before. It was always, ‘We’re going to record an album,’ then ‘Tom refuses to get into the studio without a record deal.’ So everyone does hella amounts of work to get a record deal and now Tom isn’t part of Blink-182. It’s hard to cover for someone who’s disrespectful and ungrateful. You don’t even have the balls to call your bandmates and tell them you’re not going to record or do anything Blink-related. You have your manager do it. Everyone should know what the story is with him and it’s been years with it. When we did get back together after my plane crash, we only got back together, I don’t know, maybe because I almost died. But he didn’t even listen to mixes or masterings from that record. He didn’t even care about it. Why Blink even got back together in the first place is questionable.”

What do you think? Narcissist or patriot?
edit on 21-6-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
As someone who grew up on punk rock and a music lover & ufologist myself, I always regarded Blink 182 as sh*t and don't care too much for any of them haha

However, study the official reports on UFO's, especially from the 60's through to the 80's involving nuclear facilities, and it's clear to see that UFO's are a national security issue (the NSA, FBI and CIA have all used this excuse when refusing FOI requests on multiple occasions), yet also officially, "we don't investigate UFO's"".

Blatant lies have been told, a cover up is almost certain and people do deserve to know the truth.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
National Security issue?...good one, Tom

...What's your age again?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thomas, you're my, source of most frustration! Forget, when I, don't jump on your bandwagon!

Lol, I love B182 if you cannot tell. I think hes a narcissistic patriot.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I certainly won' t pin my hopes for disclosure on this guy. I guess he thinks he is privy to some 'special' information through connections he has from being a punk rocker for a while. I can only go, 'huh"?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

He is a rock star..... something that cannot be said for any of us!

Haters will hate..... but logic will tell you it takes more than book selling or narcissism to give that up!

Deny ignorance!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i never heard about Tom Delong before he showed up here on ATS but i find some of his creative projects pretty impressive.
would be great if he would make another ama but this time actually answering some questions.
contrary to what he believes of himself he seems to be pretty inept when it comes to communicating his ideas. he missed his chance to learn something here on ats.
he might need some humble cake.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You know what this is about don't you?

"All the, small things!"

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
National Security issue?...good one, Tom

...What's your age again?

Ahhh..I see what you did there...very clever

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If anyone wants to know what the music "industry" is like... look into the career of Fiona Apple, very talented singer yet stalled her "career" the same.

For those that dont want research here's the gist, should help "rock star/rap star/country star or whatever music" aspirants.

Typically a few musically inclined and talented people get together and have fun... once theyve found their voice in the garage rented space house where ever, they take it to house parties small venues etc. on up until a "talent scout" spots them... records a bit sends it on and hey it launches into that hey lets be music star dream that everyone aspiring to be such even if it started out as fun can say hey lets change this as the more they say hey we just want to have fun... those smaller venues cant even hold the people comeing to see them... so they either have to break up and keep changing names recycle members in that community to keep their voice.

What happens when the talented with a voice and soul to share with others gets that larger nod... well contracts signed and well life too, as all of that printing, venues, etc. get laid out to them on pure credit to the tune of millions of dollars at some earned percentage that to break even... must eventually pay back. These are the break out stars one hears about... that influence the entire industry and typically become a label themself.

Not many even those with several number ones hit that status... you can look that up too, broke rock stars, like MC Hammer from one song making on "credit" 98 million dollars... well he thought that was his money not studio money... so he bought cars a mansion etc. on that company must pay back credit. Popularity dwindled then what happened? Broke on TBN whining about his ignorance... Im still not sure if he knows to this day what occured... well it was that... he signed his voice and image away into fame and the second slave boat.

Happens every single day... Of course after so much time a contract of this sort becomes null. Some like Fiona and Tom dragging their feet to not be slaves like a dog wearing a collar to be dragged around the country or world to protray an image of who and what they are not... to constantly be judged by the public for what the "label" wants them to be and produce and show to it as a corporate infulence and marketing whore of life styles etc. than who or what they origionally were.

So it's sign on the dotted line corporate slavery to buy your voice and likeness as some intellectual property not ones own.

So hey congratulations Tom! I'm glad you jumped out of the second slave boat of dance a jig and sing a tune to yes sah no sah right away sah... to finally express and regain your voice that was stolen... to portray the actual you and not the fabricated you so all the so called fans not friends to clone into someone not you at all.

Nothing to be ashamed of, as ignorance it not bliss... and well I am very very sure you are aware of all of this even though the public at large likely isnt due to such binding contracts that own someone enough to where they cant speak out unless some agent or control gives the thumbs up because the corporation they are a slave too has given the thumbs up.

Its a very sad thing to see, yet many never see this side of it and I'd rather see people have their eyes open and wide awake to it than completely closed.

Keep your voices and youll always be free to sing as ones heart desires.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Tom likes to claim that there's truth woven into the fiction but I think that's just to sell more books. What do you think? Narcissist or patriot?

I really don't understand the criticisms Tom receives from this community. Look at what most people buy up or the people they follow, many of which are common grifters selling certifiably false BS, pushing their crap at conventions (paid speaking engagements), books, etc-but they really push this junk, and its their sole income source.

Now look at Tom's actions.

He's leveraged himself, (his brand), everything he's done in the past, turned his back (somewhat) on the majority of his fans (who rip into him for it), and dumps a reasonable chunk of cash into this venture, taking a huge risk which would not be a worthy business venture by any means.

In other words, he's leveraging everything he has: his name, his reputation, his money to get information out, whether or not some is guised as "inspired by truth" or "based on true facts but presented as fiction" I think that's really besides the point.

Most people in this 'industry' would probably be happy with the investment Tom put into it, and would walk away with probably the money he'll end up expending just to get the project completed.

As for the fiction/fact issues people have, he's currently working on a documentary. Hopefully its worth the effort he's put into it and it gets received well enough to continue his efforts. Personally I think there is a lot of undue criticism here. He has John Podesta working along side him, who has publicly lobbied for UFO-Disclosure, and who remarked his biggest failure was not getting to the bottom of UFOs while working with Obama.

There's also Hillary's comments, about disclosing UFOs, and the past history with the Rockefeller initiative. Frankly I think the claim of her touching on UFOs during election time as way to garner votes, is absurd. UFOs/Aliens is not a campaign topic, not one that actually gets votes, because it brings more negative press/reaction than positive. Just look at any UFO/Alien-article on Hillary, and read the comment section, as people rip her on e-mail disclosure while lobbying for Alien/UFO disclosure. It doesn't make sense.

Do I think Hillary cares personally about UFO Disclosure and that she wants to illuminate the truth for common people? No. Im not an idiot. There's obviously some politically advantageous scheme behind all this for her, while I think Podesta's position is more genuine.

I really don't care if its finally being disclosed because of XYZ reason, and Hillary or whoever wants to capitalize off of it. If we do get disclosure, the world will change overnight, and everyone will capitalize or try to in their own way. The Church will be offering to convert ET to Jesus (even though its likely religious texts are based on previous contact), the UFO-Crowd will be clamouring to say, "I told you so" "we were right all along" "we're the experts!" while largely getting ignored, because it will be government/political disclosures that people are following and that set the course for the future.

Depending on what gets disclosed:

UFO Crash/fallen technology, no contact = Governments will be working on allocating funds and spinning the political landscape around future plans, etc

or

UFO Crash/Fallen tech + contact with aliens = Governments will be working on current diplomatic relations, allocating funds, and carving the political landscape around handling contact.

The second is based on the ET presence actually wanting to communicate. From the tidbits Tom Delonge has released so far, it suggests the ETs have been pretending to be our gods for centuries, which opens up an entirely separate can of worms. Which would likely infer the former disclosure over the latter is most likely. Meaning some secrets would remain.

If anyone hasn't read looked at the literal translations of the bible by Mauro Biglino, an official translation expert for the Vatican (until getting sacked) it's worth the read. If Tom's disclosures so far are on point this literal translation would tie in perfectly to what's been said so far.

And even if you ignore all that. I still think there is enough evidence to confirm ETs or at least something has contacted and left behind technology on Earth, whether it be extra-dimensional beings, time-travellers, whatever.

Historical Accounts: There are accounts throughout history, that suggest otherworldly contact, from the 1900s dating back to the earliest civilizations. The further back you go the more it gets swept into religious allegory though. Makes sense as religious organizations controlled the world for so long. But, very compelling accounts from 1500s, 1600s, 1800s, etc-suggest contact by technologically advanced ships/beings

Project Magnet - Wilbert Smith, head of Canada's early UFO division - Stated unequivocally in classified docs: UFOs are real, the US has a crashed ship and technology, and his con confirms this, as well that his father inspected some of it. This also would explain why certain disinformation programs began, to discredit certain documents which would be coming out. MJ-12 (meaning some were indeed real, but a hoax was perpetrated to discredit those and all would be dismissed).

Operation Bluebook - Shows a concerted effort to discredit UFO topic. Originally planned to give a negative result, caused controversy, than supposedly ran with a scientific (unbiased) objective, later we learn cases were purposely omitted from it, plus the results were reported wrong, claiming 5% of cases remained important in scope, when in reality it was more like 22%. The most important thing with Bluebook, is it shows the government was trying to downplay and misrepresent the issue to the public. It also shows that after Bluebook ended, with no official program in effect, the official programs are actually fully classified now.

Kecksberg - I think one of the best documented cases. And, contrary to the official position that after Bluebook no program existed later. The government consistently states they don't care about UFOs or Aliens/Crashes, etc-but Kecksberg is a perfect example of military getting to a crash site immediately, and messing with witnesses. Plus the nonsensical "debunks" over the years, claiming it was this that and the other. Currently I think the claim is a Russian satellite, which was dismissed earlier, said to be impossible, when Oberg had been pushing it as such. Most interesting from Kecksberg though was that markings on the object were documented, and they coincide with at least 2 other reported crashes.

Really there's a mountain of evidence beyond this, but Im just listing these, because I think from these, one can discern that there is contrary information in the official record. And there is enough actual evidence in the documented paperwork, to suggest that there has been crashes already, that its possible a very secret wing of the military/which was pushed into state contractor hands (to avoid disclosures) has been in contact or well aware of everything there is to do with an alien presence-off world and possibly on-world.

I've been a skeptic for a long time, but when you look at the totality of the evidence.No.

edit on 21-6-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Tom Delong Quit Blink-182 to Investigate UFO's Becasue "National Security"

See kids what drug use can do to you...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Im surprised he's not in the news for running into a hard stationary object while walking and texting.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ah yes... let's revisit the crap thread where Tom Delong says a lot without really saying anything at all.... It was a real hoot! Seriously, I don't understand why so many people give this guy so much credit.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog
i never heard about Tom Delong before he showed up here on ATS but i find some of his creative projects pretty impressive.
would be great if he would make another ama but this time actually answering some questions.
contrary to what he believes of himself he seems to be pretty inept when it comes to communicating his ideas. he missed his chance to learn something here on ats.
he might need some humble cake.

Nailed it right here!

Blink can find another front-man an get on with it like so many other bands do. Interesting about Fiona Apple, wondered what happened to her? I enjoyed her tunes!

I can't see TD making anymore progress than anyone else with disclosure. He's just spinning his wheels.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
He obviously cant reveal everything all right now, or else what would be the point of having 6 or 7 book installments and documentaries? He's an artiat, and this is the way he chose to do it, so thats the way it is. We have waited over 70 years (or much much longer you could argue) so what is 5 more years? Or however long it takes. As Boncho said, he leveraged his career, his money, everything into this, so who cares if he makes a little money back from book sales. He gave up a band, that, while not as famous as they once were, could certainly have provided a decent living for the rest of his life, and there is always a chance for a huge comeback with once highly popular bands. So why doesn't he deserve to earn a living from his new direction in life?

As for me, I'll just wait until all the books are out and then read them all at once. Screw that slow drip feed lol. But the point is, I can wait, and I'm not gonna complain about it. Maybe he was instructed to do it this way, and he has to do what hes told if he wants to continue to have access to what he believes to be the truth. Heck, maybe the information is being slowly fed to him little by little, and he doesnt even have the whole picture yet.

And you cannot really judge him by his "punk" rock beginnings. Nearly any one of us would have jumped at the chance to do that in our young adult years. But the real reason you cannot judge him by that, or ask "why this semi obscure musician", is because of what yet another poster, BigBrotherDarkness, has clarified to us: the record labels create an image of who they want you to be, and you are not allowed to stray from that image while under contract. So you really have to toss aside everything you THINK you know about this man. It was just a carefully crafted image, designed to appeal to the youth of that generation. Your opinions of him are built upon the equivalent of a cardboard cutout, compared to a real person with their own thoughts, passions, skills and abilities, which are also constantly evolving over time. So ask yourself again, how much do you really know to form an opinion on Tom DeLong? I would say wait a little longer and give him a chance to complete this major undertaking of his...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I think he is a patriot rather than Narcissist. Since you gave 2 choices. No oe leaves Blink 182 on a whim.

He is a friend to ATS and I think the posts about him should be supportive.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I vote for non binary .. .he's both a narcissist AND a patriot... why not? One thing he certainly isn't is a musical genius.

I guess "others" from a another planet and /or a spiritual/matrix-esque dimension, as well as being the stars of the OT, might be big enough to hide from the religious masses as per Boncho's thoughts... but as for any new info coming from DeLonge, naw, most all possibilities have been broached by better thinkers for many years... yet who knows, maybe it really is something so weird our fundamental understanding of reality might radically change... though that sounds utterly great as our old understandings created this world so many find an artless, cold, vapid drudgery.

Maybe these others won't save us from ourselves, but might, by their existence, spur our imagination to finally realize any world we want is ours for the making.

More likely they eat misery and will lap it up as they have been, just in the open on top of metro ziggerauts around the globe... one can dream!

new topics

top topics

join