It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New and Messed up Already!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hello,
I recently came to this site via a thin back door, after finally locating something that helped me connect the dots. As a result, I spent most of the morning going to existing forums and reading excellent material on many subjects that interest me.
I should be packing for a flight tomorrow to assist some of my family resettle after a horrific fire evacuated the community of Ft. McMurray, Alberta, Canada, in early May of this year.
Clearly, though, and procrastinator that I am, I would rather be here, at least for now.
I guess I am supposed to introduce myself to your community. Not much to say.
Professionally, I am an educator, behavioral therapist, published writer, editor, linguist and researcher. I tend to be somewhat eclectic and am currently spending as much time as possible in the Iberian Peninsula, looking for ring forts, dolmens, standing stones, and whatever else I may literally trip over.
Academically, I am "supposed" to be pursuing a doctorate in Celtic Cosmology, but notice myself being preoccupied of late, by interesting things demanding my utmost attention (of course).
I expect the threads on this site will keep me going for a long, long time, hope to be of some usel, becoming part of discussions when I no longer have the "babe in the woods" tat stamped on my forehead.
On a practical matter, I am trying to create an avatar and have no clue on doing this.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sionag

Hello, welcome to ATS nice to meet you.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Welcome to the biggest dysfunctional family you will ever be part of!

Im a fellow Canadian, residing in Thunder Bay Ontario. Sorry to hear about your relatives. I knew a few people that moved to Fort Mc. and had to come back to TBay during the fire. Poor bastards lost everything.

Again Welcome!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Welcome and here is a link to help you out with Avatars.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Welcome.
This may help with uploading your avatar.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I tend to be somewhat eclectic and am currently spending as much time as possible in the Iberian Peninsula, looking for ring forts, dolmens, standing stones, and whatever else I may literally trip over.
Academically, I am "supposed" to be pursuing a doctorate in Celtic Cosmology, but notice myself being preoccupied of late, by interesting things demanding my utmost attention (of course).

That sounds better than investing time watching kids play in the sandbox. Love to hear and see results of your "tripping" over stuff.

Welcoe to the sandbox.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Sounds really cool, "Celtic Cosmology", that is. I always thought the spirals were interesting. There are spirals here in the US in the South West. I was thinking they were tracking sun light through natural cracks in the canyon walls (maybe totally off on that idea) so could be that is what the spirals are? Just a thought.

Welcome to the madhouse! Try not to leave your studies too far behind (this place can eat up your time). And...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
Yes, it's an absolute nightmare! My sister told me that for the first time in her life she will be seeking therapy (when it is over). She is trying to encourage her adult children to do the same. The family experienced a double whammy on the day of the evacuation. Her adult son was handing out jerry cans to evacuees who were running out of gas on Hwy 881 (the highway of death). Somehow, his truck skid on an oil fresh surface causing it to go off road, and rolled several times over, resulting in him getting a broken neck, a broken back, three broken ribs and a broken leg. He was in a coma for hours, and due to the craziness of the situation, his parents did not even know that he had been airlifted to University hospital in Edmonton during the night.
It is beyond insane. I am seriously thinking that many are suffering from PTSD resulting from the devastation of their city and their personal lives. When I looked at some of the ways to help someone suffering from this disorder (and yes, they are all suffering!) one thing remained with me. A positive way to encourage healing is for a blood relative to show up to help remove some of the stress. Geez, I hope I can help in some small way!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thank you so much! I am really looking forward to being a part of this group!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thank you! I am delighted to be here in the sandbox with you!. No doubt I will be telling about these trips of mine. The best ones are the ones you cannot possibly imagine can happen!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thank you for this! I really do need all the help I can get!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Good description: "the madhouse"! Geez, I have to start packing sometime today! I will find time to address your excellent idea though... just not today. I'm a bit long winded!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Im sure your presence will help in their recovery. If not at the least letting them know you love them and are there for them.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Start slowly! No need to rush. I am sure that it will be a good conversation when the time comes! One probably worthy of its own thread...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. Hope you learn something interesting and useful.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I am sincerely hoping that you are correct, as I tend to believe the same thing. As humans, we respond to love and nurturing. The only thing I can give in this situation is myself.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Oddly enough, I am planning to take a journal to record all that I observe; all that is tangible and all that is not. I expect I shall be in for a few surprises. Perhaps you are correct. What I am able to glean from this horrific situation may, indeed, be worthy of its own thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
hihihih welcome my name is joe look forward to discussing things with you in the future

new topics

top topics

join