It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People really work against themselves!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wow, what a world we live in, when people do everything they can to support a cause... And do the opposite.

Black Lives Matter - An apparent attempt to call for equality is one of the most racist gatherings in history since the KKK. - It has probably has costed more black lives as well ( Most of those killings done by blacks, mind you. )

Liberals/Conservatives - Gotta love this Trans topic. Less than 1% of the nation were mostly living their lives peacefully until we threw a firecracker into this nest. Now it's a #-storm on both sides and everyone is mad - Trans are probably the worst off because they were hardly even noticed before this large nation-wide argument.

Conservatives - Drugs, sex, abortions - you know all those things that make you feel nasty inside or whatever the hell - ALLOW THEM. You know those gun statistics you use to prove that areas where guns are banned, gun crime is a lot higher? Applies here as well. Decriminalize drugs, the war on drugs will be over and usage will actually drop. Widespread legalization and acceptance of abortion, and allowing women and men birth control, condoms, etc, even funded by others will reduce these "problems"

Liberals - Seriously, you're like 100x more likely to die in a car crash, from a hammer, from a knife. Let the stupid automatic rifle thing go. Countless situations resolved for the better with the use of guns - A few bad situations happens - MANY could be prevented if our government was at all efficient, if the current checks in place were actually used, and gun-free zones stopped existing, things would just get better. It's a fact, not an opinion.

Food for thought.

-Deadlyhope

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
All of these issues are manufactured outrage to keep the people distracted and fighting amongst themselves instead of actually focusing on the real problems facing our country and world.

I thought a place such as ATS was supposed to see past this kind of stuff but it has bought into the charade 100%. I've participated in the discussions/debates too so I'm not innocent, but from here on out I'm not going to participate in such discussions because they are simply tools to divide people and breed animosity.

Anyone who posts threads about such topics are only adding to the ignorance and divisiveness.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oh I was certainly not getting into the details, the who's what's and why's.

I do believe many things are simply turned into agendas, narratives, etc to either hide what's really going on, or divide the people.

But, this was more of a grumpy morning post simply based on common opinions people have.

The blowing up of these opinions, the proportions, the way they are presented and shoved down throats... That's all media and government.

Thanks for coming by.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Reminds of this "Art Of War"quote:

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Black Lives Matter is absolutely nothing like the KKK. In its prime, the KKK controlled half of the US' State legislatures. It was also the primary force behind implementing and maintaining the "Jim Crow" laws, which literally kept the US segregated by race. The KKK also killed thousands of Americans, be they African American, Jewish, or white people who aided minorities.

This forced system of racial segregation lasted for almost 100 years and prevented African Americans from being able to vote, run for office, serve on a jury against a white person, testify in court against a white person, live in white neighborhoods, work at white-owned stores, go to white schools, play sports with white people or even drink from the same fountains as white people. And the businesses and services that allowed black people had to keep us literally separated from the white patrons, such as sitting in the back of public transportation, entering stores from the back door, and even sitting in different sections of movie theaters (which is the origin of the term "peanut gallery"). Oh yeah, and the KKK made sure interracial dating was strictly forbidden in numerous State Constitutions.

BLM is literally trying to force the US judicial system to treat black lives the same way they treat everyone else. This means no more racial profiling plus fair treatment by police, fair sentencing by courts, etc. This demand for equal treatment by the judicial system is literally the exact opposite of the racial superiority that the KKK demanded and implemented. BLM should've called itself "Black Lives Matter, too" and this would've eliminated all of the confusion. Also, who has BLM killed?

And one more thing. The KKK was started around 1865. Your claim that BLM is the most racist gathering since then is ridiculous, considering there was a certain German 3rd Reich that happened since the KKK's founding. There are even neo-Nazis who still carry on its legacy to this day. But somehow, BLM is worse than them? Not to mention the related groups to the KKK which started around the same time, like the "White League" and the "Red Shirts". Whatever.

PS And yes, my "jimmies were rustled", I was just "triggered", and I need a Snickers bar. But I'm fasting until sunset & it's hot outside so grrr...
edit on 21-6-2016 by enlightenedservant because: clarified. hmph

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

All of these issues are manufactured outrage to keep the people distracted and fighting amongst themselves instead of actually focusing on the real problems facing our country and world.

I thought a place such as ATS was supposed to see past this kind of stuff but it has bought into the charade 100%.

Yesterday I was waiting for my mom in a doctors lobby and I picked up the front page section of the local newspaper. I was somewhat surprised (maybe not) that it read like the front page here, subject for subject.

The main stream is everywhere. We are slowly being melded to conformity with the group think.

"You will be absorbed, it is the will of Landru." --from original Tv series, Star Trek

edit on 21-6-2016 by intrptr because: youtube

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I agree with you except BLM not like KKK

and it was the conservatives that blew up the trans topic with wanting to discriminate and the Liberals that came to their aid for equal rights and no discrimination.

People who vote republican are constantly fighting against their better judgment

edit on 21-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah, members are pushing MSM rhetoric more than ever before on this site. This is barely even an "alternative news" discussion board anymore, it's just constant MSM click bait threads. Very sad, it was much better when I used to lurk and at the time I joined.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You're still here, thank goodness…

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If people spent less time consuming the mountain-out-of-a-mole-hill sensationalist stories via television, radio, newspaper and the interwebs, and more time outside exploring real mountains or attending to real mole-hills, they would be happier.

They would realize that life isn't really as awful as it is portrayed. The birds are still singing, your friends and neighbors are still kindly, work is still work, and that meal and sleep at the end of the day are just as satisfying as ever.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Well put. People are so invested and attached to these negative stories that they fail to see that life is still pretty damn good. I understand sympathizing with other people who are having a hard time but to let it competely ruin your day and sour your mood is dumb.

There's still a lot of good that happens out there, far more than bad, but we never hear about because the media wants us to be negative so they report only the negative.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The blm statement was a stretch, but it really has caused a lot of tension and a lot of people claiming to be a part of the solution are literally against the phrase "all lives matter" and the like.

And black on black violence and killing has always occurred. But when someone, and this applies to all colors, feel oppressed, bullied, etc erratic behavior increases - and plenty of people representing the black lives matter movement are calling for riots, are spreading speeches of suppression and oppression and tensions just increase, along with crime rate and such.

It's not unique to to one ethnicity, though.

These statements are based on my opinion that I've formed based on Internet and media alone. I do not pretend I know pure truth on this matter.
edit on 21-6-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

No worries. I agree with the root purpose of the BLM movement. It's the same fight for equality in the criminal justice system we've had since the "Slave Patrols" before the Civil War. But I don't agree with all of the individuals or tactics used. I prefer we/they change the system from within by working with or starting lobbying firms, starting or working with political action committees and SuperPACS, running for local and State positions, etc.

My elders marched and held protests because they had no other options. But we don't have to use that approach anymore because we can actually be a part of the system now.

As for "black on black killing", it's the same for every ethnic group. The majority of murder victims are killed by members of their own ethnic group. That's the case all over the world, except perhaps in the middle of actual wars.

As for the riots; have you seen the violent protests going on in Europe over the last 6 months? Sorry, I mean the "anti-refugee and pro-nationalism" protests and marches that always end in "clashes with the police and counter protesters". It's the same exact thing other than the wording. And that doesn't include the constant Euro riots between English, Russian, and other fans. I mean, this was just last week (ETA: or 2 weeks ago).

edit on 21-6-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

This forced system of racial segregation lasted for almost 100 years and prevented African Americans from being able to vote, run for office, serve on a jury against a white person, testify in court against a white person, live in white neighborhoods, work at white-owned stores, go to white schools, play sports with white people or even drink from the same fountains as white people. And the businesses and services that allowed black people had to keep us literally separated from the white patrons, such as sitting in the back of public transportation, entering stores from the back door, and even sitting in different sections of movie theaters (which is the origin of the term "peanut gallery"). Oh yeah, and the KKK made sure interracial dating was strictly forbidden in numerous State Constitutions.

Without being mean, doesn't that sound a lot like how Islam treats women? Maybe that is just in the very strict "Islamic" countries.

And this...

As for the riots; have you seen the violent protests going on in Europe over the last 6 months? Sorry, I mean the "anti-refugee and pro-nationalism" protests and marches that always end in "clashes with the police and counter protesters"

What exactly is wrong with people demonstrating/protesting to keep their heritage?
What would happen if we unleashed tens of thousands of bare breasted, short skirt wearing alcohol drinking women driving cars all with flaming homosexual men riding shotgun in ME countries? What if they were tossing burning Korans out the window while drawing cartoons of the Prophet?

Would the Gov'ts and people welcome them with open arms? Or would that be different because in the Islamic countries those traditions are held above all others?

I understand you are fasting and would actually prefer you wait until you have eaten to respond

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Without being mean, doesn't that sound a lot like how Islam treats women? Maybe that is just in the very strict "Islamic" countries.

That's just the super strict countries like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and some parts of Iran. Though many parts of Saudi Arabia are getting better, as both they and Iran have started elected females to local councils and positions. Most Muslim communities are nothing like that. Even the most famous Saudi Princess is a woman's rights activist:

What exactly is wrong with people demonstrating/protesting to keep their heritage?

What would happen if we unleashed tens of thousands of bare breasted, short skirt wearing alcohol drinking women driving cars all with flaming homosexual men riding shotgun in ME countries? What if they were tossing burning Korans out the window while drawing cartoons of the Prophet?

I think we're having a misunderstanding. I don't have a problem with protests or the right to protest. My post was just responding to a post about "Black Lives Matter" activists calling for riots. The actual words I was responding to were "and plenty of people representing the black lives matter movement are calling for riots, are spreading speeches of suppression and oppression and tensions just increase, along".

I was just pointing out that those types of protests and clashes happen all over the world, even in Europe. But those protests don't get stigmatized nor called riots, even though the results are the same. (note: However, I do believe protests are no where near as effective as changing the system from within. so I'd prefer people take out that frustration by running for office and kicking out the politicians they claim to disagree with.)

I understand you are fasting and would actually prefer you wait until you have eaten to respond

Thanks for the thoughtfulness. I'm a lot less grumpy now, hence my response lol. I've got almost 2 more hours to go before it's time to break fast, but I'm bored (and I'm running backups on my laptop. meh).

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I agree. Working against yourself an caught great solw.

new topics

top topics

join