It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicola Sturgeon: Jo Cox death will inevitably affect EU referendum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Disgusting, the Remain Camp are using Jo Cox death to push for their camp to win.
Nicola Sturgeon: Jo Cox death will inevitably affect EU referendum

Scotland’s first minister says in Guardian interview that MP’s killing has intensified voters’ distaste for ‘poisonous’ campaign

A campaign which the remain camp started with the use of fear mongering. But we shall if this had any effects on the actual outcome on Thursday.

Speaking to the Guardian on Monday, as the Westminster parliament paid tribute to the 41-year-old Labour MP who was fatally attacked in her West Yorkshire constituency last Thursday, Sturgeon said: “I think it inevitably will [affect voting decisions]. It’s too early to say whether it will have a direct impact on the result. I think there was a bit of disgust setting in on Thursday morning about the Farage poster. I started to detect a sense of ‘if you’re voting leave, are you associating yourself with that?’.

In the next article i will show you how the markets and money are both rigged.

Pound hits five-month high as Brexit fears ebb - business live

The pound has clambered to its highest level against the US dollar since early January today, as international investors continue to expect a Remain campaign victory in Thursday’s EU referendum.

We shall see. This how the dutch markets reacted when they to thought that it would be in their victory.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

Well there is no suprise from a party which makes statements like this before the Scottish referendum...

Let us break free from the UK, we will be our own sovereign independent country and once we do...
Let our economy rely mainly on North Sea Oil revenue (which plummeted after the scottish ref)
Let us remain in the European Union(Which overrules 60% UK law and controls trade)
Let us be like Norway(A Non-EU country)

?????

edit on 21-6-2016 by PickledOnion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The Scottish Nationalists are opportunists and seek to make political capital out of everything. Interestingly, the nationalists are massively pro EU, yet their supporters are not. Many nationalists recognise the stupidity of the argument that Westminster is too far away to be representative, but Brussels is not. Quick, grab an Altas!

Sturgeon is a savvy operator. Her supports are blind to the cause, yet Scotland - with more spend per head then England courtesy of the unfair Barnett Formula, fail in education and health, yet somehow it's the Tory's fault.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That moron Nicola Sturgeon cannot even take care of her own constituency of Govanhill, where multiple rapes and murders have taken place, with little or nothing done with regards to addressing the problems the area faces and prevention of future incidents. Not to mention the infestation of cockroaches, rats and bedbugs that plague the area.

And this is our supposed First Minister of Scotland??? My point is pay her words no attention, she simply does not do what it says on the tin.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
She was asked a question, She answered truthfully imo. Get over yourselves. I dont see her trying to make political gain from what she said. There is a whole slough of posts on here asking and answering the same question.
edit on 21-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm 100% certain this event was planned and I have no proof of that but that's my opinion. It's too much of a coincidence and I almost guarantee a remain win now and they knew the vote was too close to chance.
Plus even if remain won with a very close race the bitter taste would still be there for the losing 49% who wanted change. Now they can use the tragedy to bolster solidarity after the vote to make the victory more accepted by the voters.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Have you seen David Cameron Speech today? well... According to him your a bigot if your agaisnt the migrants and the EU way of handling immigration.

There is no turning back from this vote.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

There was a debate today and it seems leave has won it.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What a pathetic thread. Of course Jo Cox's death will have an affect only an utter moron would state otherwise. Especially given what her murderer stated as his name in court DUH!!!! There is a difference between stating the bleedin obvious and "using her death". If you were to say "In the light of Jo Cox's death people should vote remain" then yes that would be using her death to further your cause. BUT THAT DID NOT HAPPEN

You brexiters need to get over yourself.

The only person so far to use Jo Cox's death to further their campaign is Nigel Farage. He has done this by implying that the remain campaign is using her death to further their cause in order to disgust people to not vote remain. He is using reverse psychology....disgusting.

You brexiters understand what reverse psychology is don't you?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

that was quite the response and expected from the remain camp that did quite badly in the debate today.

You brexiters understand what reverse psychology is don't you?

Funny you remain camp used the following today for staying in the EU at the debate.

1.Because paid experts told us.
2.Climate Change Climate Change.
3.The EU will create jobs and more jobs and lower prices.
4.The remain audience was rude and insulting.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Maybe the OP should be more concerned who's funding Brexit campaigns.

Former BNP Member Has Given £600,000 To Vote Leave

One of Vote Leave’s biggest single donors is a former member of the British National Party, BuzzFeed News can reveal. Gladys Bramall, of Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham, has given £600,000 to the official campaign to leave the European Union, according to updated Electoral Commission filings released on Tuesday morning.

Again, someone with too much money and not enough sense trying to force her own politics on the working class.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I would be concerned who's backing the remain camp.

Tony Blair, George Soros, etc..
edit on 21-6-2016 by Raven95 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raven95

I would be concerned who's backing the remain camp.

Tony Blair, George Soros, etc..

As i already stated. I'm torn between which arseholes i climb into bed with. George Soros or George Galloway, Gideon Osbourne or Boris Johnson. David Cameron or Nigel Farage. oooh the choices.

I want my country back?, What does that even mean?. The UK is made up a four countries. Those four countries were Collectively named the sick man of Europe before we joined the EU. That country i dont want back. it was #hole rife with poverty and filth.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Just some half decent choices would be a start instead of the moronic money grabbing little trolls we currently have in power. Its like choosing the lessor of two evils, and that does not say much about our political candidates.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You are correct. Her death will have an impact on votes. Even it is one extra vote for the In campaign her death will have an impact. Indeed from all the headlines and I mean first/main news headline this morning focussed on her and all the clips of people saying how we should "come together" and "end division" etc these little mind controls will inevitably help Cameron in his quest for votes.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We aren't voting for the politicians here. They are all toxic to one degree or another.
We are voting on whether we want to be able to elect the law makers (leave) or have our laws made by people we will never be allowed to elect (remain).

new topics

top topics

join