It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After outcry, FBI releases full transcript of Orlando nightclub shooting call

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, one word was "translated ". So, if they were going to release the transcript, why not just print what he actually said? Why change that one word?
If God and Allah are the same and it's no big deal, why did they change it?

At this point, I'd guess that they changed it to see how long right-wingers would carp about it.

That's just me though.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Nope, just the opposite... I'm glad YOU replied. Nice cover

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Nope, just the opposite... I'm glad YOU replied. Nice cover

For the record, I've never thought you were a professional poster.

Of course, you're not that subtle either.

Thanks for a direct response in lieu of passive-aggressive BS though!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You many have more knowledge on the subject. I've never smoked.

I know what the Muslims believe and what the Christians believe, but my Gods are neither.

If the words are the same why were they changed. That is the entire crux of the argument.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

If the words are the same why were they changed. That is the entire crux of the argument.

They will not answer this as they know the govt did this to make the shooter seem less muslim.
The "translation" argument works if the conversation was in a foreign language. This shooter was an american citizen most of his conversation would have been in english so no need to translate.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Actually, they've reported he was speaking in Arabic.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

For part of the conversation or all of it?

You know what it doesnt even matter.
Lynch admitted they doctored the transcript for "propaganda" reasons.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: ~Lucidity

For part of the conversation or all of it?

You know what it doesnt even matter.
Lynch admitted they doctored the transcript for "propaganda" reasons.

It's noted in the transcript.

Where does she admit that? And even if she used those words, do you fathom who else this "propoganda" might be against other than you you you?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

There you go. Now most of you have your wish. You have just validated the power of someone who wants nothing more than that validation.

Truth is more important than fitting some pathetic political agenda.

The full transcripts didn't change my view of him.

I don't need or want the government to censor these things. I don't need them to protect me from having my feelings hurts. If reading these transcripts leads you to validate this man, that's your problem. He was a scumbag before reading the transcripts, and he'll be a scumbag after.

Now we don't really know if they cut anything out because they won't release the audio. They also won't release the audio from the victims' 911 calls. So we still don't know what exactly happened in that club. But I'll take these unredacted transcripts as a sign of good faith.
edit on 21-6-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: RedDragon

for someone who does not believe in fairy tales you sure are opinionated as to what those who do believe in fairy tales believe

Allah does not equal Jesus
you just posted it yourself

Change Allah to Jesus and watch the fireworks begin

You being bigoted to religion do not understand this as it is all just fairy tales

Yada yada.

Last time. God in English is Allah in Arabic. Allah in Arabic is God in English.

That's ridiculous. I could say that Zeus is god. I could not say that Zeus is Allah. They're so obviously not the same word that there's something brainwashed about you.

Come on. Quit defending censorship. This is like the Soviets deleting people from pictures. It's like a Republican president deleting the word 'gun' from police reports after a mass shooting. Democrats would go nuts over that.

You could say anything. The Greek word "Zeus" happens to be more closely related to the Latin "Deus" and both are related to the Indo-European word "Dyeus" ...

However, no matter who you want to spin it, the Arabic word "Allah" translates to the English word "God."

How am I "defending censorship"? What words were deleted?

And my god you even toss in the Soviets, LOL. It's a Red Letter day.

No, no it doesn't. If you can call Zeus god, but you can't call Zeus Allah, then obviously they can't be the same word.... In math courses, this would be a proof by contradiction.

This is like simple thinking man. Brain, use it.
edit on 6/21/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: ketsuko You mean like there are probably lots of people that have been investigated for certain red flags that turn up false and so it is just too hard for the FBI to know a threatening person from Joe some, just living life with no ill intent on anyone?

I think mateen was mentally disturbed... that's my label for him and I find it strange there weren't recognizable signs before he snapped... like that guy who stabbed people in the belief they were werewolves and vampires.

there were signs

threatened to bring a gun and kill his school mates at 10 years old
continued trouble up through high school
co worker reported him to the fbi
gun shop owner called the fbi
asked a fellow recruit in 2007 whether the classmate would report him if he brought a gun to school. (kicked out)
his mosque, someone reported him to the fbi
disney warned FBI about the shooter and his wife in April, him and the wife were casing disney and acting suspicious

now the FBI wouldn't know the following..but how about his family

he added his wife to a life insurance policy...added her name to the bank accounts, and sold his house to relatives for 10 bucks.......

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

for someone who does not believe in fairy tales you sure are opinionated as to what those who do believe in fairy tales believe

Allah does not equal Jesus
you just posted it yourself

Change Allah to Jesus and watch the fireworks begin

You being bigoted to religion do not understand this as it is all just fairy tales

Yada yada.

Last time. God in English is Allah in Arabic. Allah in Arabic is God in English.

That's ridiculous. I could say that Zeus is god. I could not say that Zeus is Allah. They're so obviously not the same word that there's something brainwashed about you.

Come on. Quit defending censorship. This is like the Soviets deleting people from pictures. It's like a Republican president deleting the word 'gun' from police reports after a mass shooting. Democrats would go nuts over that.

You could say anything. The Greek word "Zeus" happens to be more closely related to the Latin "Deus" and both are related to the Indo-European word "Dyeus" ...

However, no matter who you want to spin it, the Arabic word "Allah" translates to the English word "God."

How am I "defending censorship"? What words were deleted?

And my god you even toss in the Soviets, LOL. It's a Red Letter day.

No, no it doesn't. If you can call Zeus god, but you can't call Zeus Allah, then obviously they can't be the same word.... In math courses, this would be a proof by contradiction.

This is like simple thinking man. Brain, use it.

Congratulations, you've proven something about something I didn't say.

No, I wouldn't call Zeus God personally ... but he was "a god" one of many in the Greek myths.

On the other hand, both Christianity and Islam are monotheistic. Meaningless to speak of "Gods" as there is only one.

For example do you worship the god God? No, you worship God, because there's only one in your beliefs.

As do Muslims and the word for God in Arabic is Allah.

edit on 21-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It's really pathetic to see all these mental acrobatics being used in an attempt at conflating (confuse, blend, or inappropriately mix) Radical Islam with the God of Christianity.

And that is what this is all about.

No acknowledgement at all that a goodly portion of this filthy excuse of a human being's motivating energy came from Radical Islam.

Supporting the actions of our government in this particular circumstance is, in my opinion, deliberately attempting to steer the direction of discussion away from the fact that there are indeed people living, right now and it would seem for quite some time, in the United States believe the very same ideas of Radical Islam and who are actively planning more violence of a similar sort against the people of this country.

I have lost all faith and confidence in our government; there wasn't much left after years of abuse and the last tine shred has since been ground in to the dirt through the actions of our Department of Justice and other agencies of the executive branch.

edit on 21-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
It's really pathetic to see all these mental acrobatics being used in an attempt at conflating (confuse, blend, or inappropriately mix) Radical Islam with the God of Christianity.

And that is what this is all about.

No acknowledgement that at a goodly portion of this filthy excuse of a human being's motivating energy came from Radical Islam.

Supporting the actions of our government in this particular circumstance is, in my opinion, deliberately attempting to steer the direction of discussion away from the fact that there are indeed people living, right now and it would seem for quite some time, in the United States believe the very same ideas of Radical Islam and who are actively planning more violence of a similar sort against the people of this country.

I have lost all faith and confidence in our government; there wasn't much left after years of abuse and the last tine shred has since been ground in to the dirt through the actions of our Department of Justice and other agencies of the executive branch.

There's no "mental acrobatics" going on. That's just a common cop-out for right-wingers who've been backed up against the wall of their irrational beliefs by the facts of any given matter.

Ooo, you put "radical Islam" in bold face. That really gets your point across. Changes nothing about the facts though.

Historically, the same fictional character referred to as "God" appears in three religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

Christianity was built on Judaism, and Islam was built on Judaism and Christianity.

Revisionists can complain about this all day long; it's simple fact.

As is the fact that the English word is "God" and the Arabic word is "Allah."
edit on 21-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: research100 interesting. I'm surprised he wasn't put on some sort of psych meds for these acts as a juvenile...I've seen kids put on meds for far less in acting out in school.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here's a better question.

Some of you are aware that the language that "Jesus" would have actually spoken in is called Aramaic.

As an exercise on your own, research what the word for "God" is in Aramaic.

Then, any of you who are willing to can report to us on your findings.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Without looking, I do think Jesus referred to God as "Abba, which is quite similar to Allah, whereas that is more of a familiar term as in "daddy" as opposed to the more formal, "father."

Looks like I was wrong (about a portion of what I wrote) again:

“Jeremias began almost at once to retreat from the claim that “abba” had the same connotations as “daddy.” In a sense, Barr’s title (but only his title) misrepresents Jeremias. Even as Jeremias acknowledged that the word was in common use by adults and was used as a mark of repect for old men and for teachers, he continued to stress the origins in babytalk and the consequent intimacy as a special component of Jesus’ use of the word. This meaning seems to have been the basis on which he regarded Jesus’ use as absolutely distinct from the Judaism of his time.

The NT itself gives quite a different reading of αββα. Each of the three occurrences of αββα in the NT is followed by the Greek translation ο πατερ, “the father.” This translation makes clear its meaning to the writers; the form is a literal translation — “father” plus a definite article — and like abba can also be a vocative. But it is not a diminutive of “babytalk” form. There are Greek diminutives of father (e.g., παππας [pappas]), and the community chose not to use them.

–Mary Rose D’Angelo. Journal of Biblical Literature, Vol. 111, No. 4 (Winter, 1992), pp. 615-616

Abba Isn’t Daddy – The Traditional Aramaic Father’s Day Discussion

In my defense, the above was written well afte the last time I read about this particular usage of the word.Thank you for motivating me to update my knowledge.

You're still trying to deflect from the fact that one of the motivating factors in Omar Mateen's actions was radical Islam (un-bolded to avoid offending your delicate sensibilities).

As another poster mentioned, you have also poured an inordinate amount of energy discussing these 'make believe sky gods' for someone who professes not to follow any of them.
edit on 21-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: more to say and corrected myself

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Nope. "Abba" is "Father." Common in almost all Semitic languages.

Why don't you look it up? Afraid of what you will find?

C'mon.
edit on 21-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I was raised catholic, but I got over it. In my many years of study it was always emphasized that Jesus considered God as the Father.

As we begin to examine the ways Jesus introduced us to God as Father, let's begin with Heavenly Father or Father in heaven:

"... That you may be sons of your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:45)

"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name...." (Matthew 6:9, NIV, KJV: "Our Father, who art in heaven....")

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" (Matthew 7:11)

"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven." (Matthew 10:32-33)

"In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost." (Matthew 18:14)

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)

Also Matthew 5:15; 5:48; 6:1, 14, 26, 32, 7:21; 12:50; 15:13; 16:17; 18:10, 35; 23:9. Interestingly, this phrase appears only in Matthew, with the exception of Luke 11:13 and Mark 11:25. Adding the modifier "heaven" or "heavenly" tends to describe the greatness and awesomeness of the One who is our Father, contrasting greatness with intimacy.

9. Abba, Father

Yes, the word for "God" in Aramaic is indeed "Allah:"

What is the word and pronunciation for God in Aramaic? I saw 'AaLaH' is the pronunciation for God from this link - www.pe.../lexicon/. Did Jesus uses the word 'AaLaH' for God during his speeches? And also in Aramaic Bible, is this word is used for God?

If this is true then the Arabic word 'Allahu' and this word 'AaLaH' are same or different?

Also I want to know on which language did Jesus cry this expression - "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani"

The normal generic word for God is "alaha"/"aloho" (ܐܠܗܐ), which is linguistically related to the Hebrew word for God "elohim".

The translation of the tetragrammaton, YHWH, on the other hand, is "maria"/"morio" (ܡܪܝܐ), usually decomposed as mar-yah, Lord-Yah ("mar", lord, also being used by syriac speaking churches as a title for saints/doctors of the Church: "mor Ephrem" = Saint Ephrem). (Note: this word has nothing to do with the proper name Maria, coming from the Hebrew Mariam)

To answer your question, Jesus would almost certainly have used one of the two, or both at the same time as it is commonly done in Syriac: Maria Alaha.

Last remark: The arabic word Allah, used also by Arabic Christians, is no more no less related to the Aramaic Alaha than to the Hebrew Elohim. The three share a common linguistic root, which is nothing exceptional, so no point being dragged on sterile arguments concerning this point.

What word did Jesus use for God in Aramaic?

If what you're trying to push were the case, Catholics (and every other flavor of the cults Christianity) would still be praying to Allah today, but they don't do they?

Which Abrahamic sect uses the term, "Allah" to desribe their deity in modern times?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: research100 interesting. I'm surprised he wasn't put on some sort of psych meds for these acts as a juvenile...I've seen kids put on meds for far less in acting out in school.

well, he was temorarily expelled when he threaten to kill the students...he was very troubled, was a bully spit on the teachers would not listen to or answer the female teachers, they tried to involve the dad to change his behavior towards women but his dad was fine with it, refused to help.

he was sent to 3 different grade schools....since the dad was okay with that kind of behavior towards women...why would he get him help and or put on meds, even if it was recommended
edit on 21-6-2016 by research100 because: spelling and added sentence

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join