It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After outcry, FBI releases full transcript of Orlando nightclub shooting call

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Ok, this is BS.

OM: In the name of God the Merciful, the beneficent [Arabic] OD: What? OM: Praise be to God, and prayers as well as peace be upon the prophet of God [Arabic]. I wanna let you know, I'm in Orlando and I did the shootings. OD: What's your name? OM: My name is I pledge of allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi of the Islamic State. OD: Ok, What's your name? OM: I pledge allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi may God protect him [Arabic], on behalf of the Islamic State.

Does anyone really think he was saying "God"....or was it more likely "Allah" and TPTB don't want that known? They were "translating" Arabic to English and just happened to substitute one for the other? Really? Why translate? He was speaking English, so why translate that one word?
BULLSH**

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Ok, this is BS.

OM: In the name of God the Merciful, the beneficent [Arabic] OD: What? OM: Praise be to God, and prayers as well as peace be upon the prophet of God [Arabic]. I wanna let you know, I'm in Orlando and I did the shootings. OD: What's your name? OM: My name is I pledge of allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi of the Islamic State. OD: Ok, What's your name? OM: I pledge allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi may God protect him [Arabic], on behalf of the Islamic State.

Does anyone really think he was saying "God"....or was it more likely "Allah" and TPTB don't want that known? They were "translating" Arabic to English and just happened to substitute one for the other? Really? Why translate? He was speaking English, so why translate that one word?
BULLSH**

Honestly, you've always struck me as a reasonable person.

What is the big difference here???

Allah and God are the same word in two different languages. What's the rub?

Do you think that "the government" was trying to hide the fact that Mateen was Muslim?

Is the problem that the Christian God shouldn't be confused with the Muslim God?

What's the big deal? A phrase in Arabic was translated into English ...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Gryphon66

for someone who does not believe in fairy tales you sure are opinionated as to what those who do believe in fairy tales believe

Allah does not equal Jesus
you just posted it yourself

Change Allah to Jesus and watch the fireworks begin

You being bigoted to religion do not understand this as it is all just fairy tales

Yada yada.

Last time. God in English is Allah in Arabic. Allah in Arabic is God in English.

That's ridiculous. I could say that Zeus is god. I could not say that Zeus is Allah. They're so obviously not the same word that there's something brainwashed about you.

Come on. Quit defending censorship. This is like the Soviets deleting people from pictures. It's like a Republican president deleting the word 'gun' from police reports after a mass shooting. Democrats would go nuts over that.
edit on 6/21/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

The Arabic translation of Allah is God. What's with the brainwashing deal?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The overreaction overall to the redacting of a name, and as illustrated on this site in another thread. Question all you want. That's fine by me. But if the DoJ or LE made a decision the odds are 50-50 there were reasons for it and whether a person agrees with those or not, that's just how it is.

My opinion? The dude flipped his wig and went for the attention that would gain him, making a call like that, making a mark in history and in the minds of some. Guess he got what he wished for.

I suppose I get your angle. Either way, what the shooter said was pretty straight forward, and his reasons fairly evident in his statements. After identifying himself as an Islamic soldier, he told the negotiator to tell America to stop bombing Syria and Iraq and that is why he was “out here right now”, gunning people down. He said he had a vest like they used in France. After words, he stated "In the next few days, you’re going to see more of this type of action going on."

Sounds to me a little more than flipping a wig.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If he was British and said "I came here tonight to smoke some _____".

And the media changed it to " I came here tonight to smoke some cigarettes" for easy American translation.

Would that one word make a difference.

If you say no because words that mean the same thing are interchangeable than you are at least consistent.

If you thing the changing of that one word changes things than you are a hypocrite because you can't have it both ways.

Words that mean the same thing are not the same words and you know it. Words that were changed were done so to fit a narrative.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

originally posted by: shooterbrody

for someone who does not believe in fairy tales you sure are opinionated as to what those who do believe in fairy tales believe

Allah does not equal Jesus
you just posted it yourself

Change Allah to Jesus and watch the fireworks begin

You being bigoted to religion do not understand this as it is all just fairy tales

Yada yada.

Last time. God in English is Allah in Arabic. Allah in Arabic is God in English.

That's ridiculous. I could say that Zeus is god. I could not say that Zeus is Allah. They're so obviously not the same word that there's something brainwashed about you.

Come on. Quit defending censorship. This is like the Soviets deleting people from pictures. It's like a Republican president deleting the word 'gun' from police reports after a mass shooting. Democrats would go nuts over that.

You could say anything. The Greek word "Zeus" happens to be more closely related to the Latin "Deus" and both are related to the Indo-European word "Dyeus" ...

However, no matter who you want to spin it, the Arabic word "Allah" translates to the English word "God."

How am I "defending censorship"? What words were deleted?

And my god you even toss in the Soviets, LOL. It's a Red Letter day.

edit on 21-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Do you like Pina Coladas? Getting caught in the rain? Lol

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Ok, this is BS.

BULLSH**

Do you think that "the government" was trying to hide the fact that Mateen was Muslim?

Is the problem that the Christian God shouldn't be confused with the Muslim God?

Yes and yes.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
If he was British and said "I came here tonight to smoke some _____".

And the media changed it to " I came here tonight to smoke some cigarettes" for easy American translation.

Would that one word make a difference.

If you say no because words that mean the same thing are interchangeable than you are at least consistent.

If you thing the changing of that one word changes things than you are a hypocrite because you can't have it both ways.

Words that mean the same thing are not the same words and you know it. Words that were changed were done so to fit a narrative.

Are we "translating" between British English and American English now?

Okay, since you seem to be afraid to say it, in British English a "fag" is a "cigarette" in American English.

I guess if you wanted to be clear about "I came here tonight to puff on some fags" you might need to clarify your meaning.

Things must be getting desperate.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Ok, this is BS.

BULLSH**

Yes and yes.

Wasn't asking you, but thanks for the response; here's mine.

1. That seems very unlikely.

2. Not to most people.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Desperate indeed.

An American "smoking a fag" instead of a cigarette is about as common as a Muslim terrorist praising "God".

You know it, I know it, the world knows it.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Ok, this is BS.

BULLSH**

Yes and yes.

2. Not to most people.

I think the reasoning by Loretta Lynch was that mentioning his professed allegiances would further his propaganda.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Lol If you already know the answer, given that you are telling me what the incorrect response is, why are you asking the question? Are you genuinely interested in my opinion or are you simply using it as a straw man to paint me as an ignorant bigot so you can make whatever point it is you are trying to make?

Honestly though, if you indeed know the correct answer to your question, then total kudos to you, as you must be some kind of enlightened otherworldly being, as many before have pondered that very same question (or variations thereof) and have equally arrived at empty conclusions, that old circular argument of what is more important, or what has more weight, the individual's rights or the collective's, where do we draw the line between common good and personal liberty, and so on.

If there was such an answer as clear cut as you apparently wish me to give, given that I can only reply with an approximation of my own personal (and admittedly biased) view, we both know Orlando would have never happen, or maybe happen but to a lesser extent.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Ok, this is BS.

BULLSH**

Yes and yes.

2. Not to most people.

I think the reasoning by Loretta Lynch was that mentioning his professed allegiances would further his propaganda.

Seems silly.

I try never to overestimate the intellect of government officials.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Desperate indeed.

An American "smoking a fag" instead of a cigarette is about as common as a Muslim terrorist praising "God".

You know it, I know it, the world knows it.

Actually, I would be willing to bet that my knowledge of "fags" is far different than yours. I quit smoking in 2011.

You seem to think that the whole world believes as you do. Shocker, we don't.

When a Muslim speaking Arabic says "Allah" it means the same in English as "God." Linguistically.

I'm sure the real issue here is that you believe your God is different than their God.

Perhaps, but the WORDS are the same.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Seems silly.

I try never to overestimate the intellect of government officials.

Words to live by. Still, I don't think we can conjecture that certain words were redacted to disguise his faith.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

No, one word was "translated ". So, if they were going to release the transcript, why not just print what he actually said? Why change that one word?
If God and Allah are the same and it's no big deal, why did they change it?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I think the real reason it was redacted, whatever Lynch poorly said or didn't say, was to not name leader dude.

As for the God thing...literal translation plain and simple.
edit on 6/21/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join