It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my dog Sunday night and now near breaking point, please help.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I get that but wouldn't it be horrible for the dog? I mean imagine being beside me but unable to play, unable to run after the ball or get my attention other than when I speak to him and then I get no reply. Imagine if it was you hanging around your loved one waiting to get their attention. I mean wouldn't it make more sense that they were somewhere else and I use "up there" as another way of saying the afterlife. I couldn't imagine what that would feel like just stuck walking around with me unable to communicate or be rubbed or licking me for my attention.

I would love, absolutely love for him to come to see me in my dreams. I've been begging him to do so since it happened two nights ago. I would be in heaven if it happened but it hasn't yet and hopefully will do soon. I've been talking to my parents who want to get another dog, a husky they reckon it'll help me deal with losing Playboy but I can't see that either. Getting another dog to replace the older dog just doesn't seem right even though I know it's a normal thing to do for most people. I'm just not sure about it, I really don't think I want another dog, I will always fear their death now thanks to this experience which I'm sure is a shame because a good home for a dog, any dog is a great thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

A full life with a loving and dedicated owner who stayed by his side till the end. Thanks for treating our animal friends with so much respect and loyalty. Its a service to humanity. Its impossible to replace any animal but it would be a waste of your potential to love not to have more in your care. Im sorry you lost a family member. I honestly know how bad it feels but its a privledge to love something that much. I hope your pain subsides. Take care.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jbowenh

Thanks, yh I know it's difficult and I'll struggle through until it doesn't hurt anymore. I think getting another dog might be the right way, I've got another 14 year old with me at my side as we speak and though older she has a ton of energy and likes to play when outside and I think maybe getting her a friend to play with will help her deal with losing her brother whose been with her their entire lives might be best for both of us really. Thankfully I live in a rather large house so it's not hard to accommodate two big dogs.

Mum want's a husky pup she's been looking already but I've asked her to hold off for a few weeks just to let Playboys passing go through me rather than rushing in for another dog.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm on a cell phone on a train so forgive the shortness and mistakes. See if you can get some Rescue Remedy from a local health food place. Make sure it is by Bach. You will know it's authentic if the name is written diagonally in green against a buff colored background. If they have Honeysuckle get that too. This is for both you and your other dog. It's not a homeopathic but very close and is a harmless natural product that we used in our holistic vet clinic for many successful years. It will help you both through this difficult time of transition. There is a proper way of preparing this but trust me, it will be sufficient to simply add a couple of drops of each to a bottle of spring water for you which you can take a sip from at will, as you can not OD on it. For your other dog (Midnight?...don't want to mess up by looking on this bouncing train) you can put a couple of drops in her drinking bowl. You can google all this if you need more specifics but it works like a charm even in this short cut fashion....and Playboy is still there in spirit. I know.

CF

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish I've used Rescue Remedy by Bach in the pastilles form that comes in a tin and they really helped. This is good advice, ClownFish.

Hope you are doing well OP.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Thanks we are doing better now. I haven't broken down for a few good hours now and starting to remember the good times more than anything else. She seems to be doing okay as well she's a little happier and I've just spent a while lying on the floor with her scratching her belly while she slept by the look of things although I reckon she might have been awake and just had her eyes shut. She's currently sitting at the window looking outside at the rain so I think she's doing better. Thankf for the advice I'll have to have a look into it because we in the UK so getting the same brand is sometimes difficult if you're not in the same country.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I am doing better. Like I said above, I've not broken down in a few good hours and Midnight seems to be getting back to normal. I'm a little worried that after the last two days of almost constant crying over his death I'm starting to normalise so quick but that's grief for you. I think if it wasn't for all you guys on here it'd been a hundred times harder I owe you all a huge thank you.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I think the tin is fun all by itself but that form is not practical for pets. We had so much success with the Bach Flower Remedies (I was properly trained in them) that we would use them only after the fact as otherwise we wouldn't get the necessary follow ups on blood work, etc.

To the OP, hoping I maintain internet connection, Rescue Remedy is perfect for all types of stress and will take the edge off of things and also help you to keep your cool when confronted with idiots and Honeysuckle has the additional effect of helping with the homesick aspect of wishing that things were as they used to be. I hope my good wishes, unexpressed in my haste, came through.

This is the best side of ATS and I am so proud and honored to witness and be a part of this family.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85 I'm glad that both you and Midnight are doing better.
grieving is different for everyone, some can't cry until time has passed, like myself and some deal with their emotions as the situation presents itself.
I personally think crying and releasing the sad and pain is what makes a person feel better and back to ''normal''.
I'm glad your finding comfort from all of the nice people on ATS.
I have had many cathartic and comforting experiences here and started posting in a time of grief last summer which has helped me a great deal... I'm grateful too for kindness on ATS.
Be well, friend.
Many are here for you.😊

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Actually the stuff comes from Wales, so it's a bit in your blood already. Good luck and I need to go now.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Its different for the spirit world. From their perspective you are the one stuck in your husk of being. They are free, they can fly, they understand everything (including you) better now.

Imagine what its like to look down on 2d flat land people from the third dimension?

Besides which, the love and loyalty they displayed towards you is still there. Now they can go with you everywhere, even into your mind, like when you sleep and dream. They die to be at your side, always.

Edit: Oh and don't rush into getting another dog. Go through the grieving process, get a little time and distance, you'll know when you feel right about getting another dog. Over a life time people who love pets have many.

Pet people are the best people, they have the best hearts,

Carry on human…
edit on 22-6-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish

I think the tin is fun all by itself but that form is not practical for pets. We had so much success with the Bach Flower Remedies (I was properly trained in them) that we would use them only after the fact as otherwise we wouldn't get the necessary follow ups on blood work, etc.

To the OP, hoping I maintain internet connection, Rescue Remedy is perfect for all types of stress and will take the edge off of things and also help you to keep your cool when confronted with idiots and Honeysuckle has the additional effect of helping with the homesick aspect of wishing that things were as they used to be. I hope my good wishes, unexpressed in my haste, came through.

This is the best side of ATS and I am so proud and honored to witness and be a part of this family.
yes, yes! The tin is not for pets! I'm glad you stressed that!
I might pm you some time about the flower essences... if that is okay.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yes but it might take a while to respond so don't be offended, plus we're far from home right now.

Fishy

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

So very sorry about the loss of your pet, it's a very difficult thing to experience. Pets are part of the family and when they pass, the pain cuts deep.

A few years ago, my husband and I had to put our sweet kitty Sasha to sleep. She had kidney failure, we had to give her fluids every day. Then she got diabetes so we had to give insulin injections daily as well. We had to make the decision that was in her best interest, and it was one of the most difficult decisions I've had to make. We had her cremated and here ashes are right next to our bed next to a framed picture of her. I cried for months and felt an ache that I thought would never go away...it is still there but it's not as bad as it was...

For every wound, the ointment of time...

Cherish the memories and the years you spent together. So sorry for your loss...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Rome wasn't built in a day, each day will go a little easier, but it will be a long time before you feel like yourself again.
Something that usually helps is to accept that what you're feeling is normal. It's okay to be devastated, it's okay to be an emotional wreck
you've lost someone near and dear to you.

Just always remember the good times, and always remember that he was a happy dog and a dog which received tons of love!
He had a better life than most humans and you made it possible.
We're always here if you need us, the support on ATS is alive and well.
Hope this day is going a little easier.
GG

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Oh okay. I think I'm doing better this morning although I'm having this fear that I'm already forgetting him. It's like I have to struggle to remember something about him and I don't know how normal that is. It's actually a little scary for me. I cried for two days almost constantly and now I'm crying every so often but sometimes like this morning it's like I'm forgetting him and that hurts just as much. I read online that it's normal to feel like that so I guess it's just part of the mourning process at least I hope because I don't want to forget him at all he was a perfect little champion and I do miss him a lot but maybe it's how my brain want's to cope with and stop me from missing him.

I'll have a look into the stuff you recommended this afternoon.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Thanks for you words. I'm doing better this morning although as I said to someone else on here I'm worried because I feel like I'm already starting to forget about him. I don't mean forgetting his name or anything like that I just mean that I seem to be forgetting certain things like some of the memories we shared and I don't know why. Maybe it's the way I'm processing losing him and I'm just over thinking things or maybe it's something else. I don't normally have memory issues like that so I don't think I'm losing my marbles but I am a little worried as I said two days of non stop crying but now I think I've broken down twice since getting up.

Midnight will be having a full check up at the vets in about a week, she has hip issues like Playboy and I'm gonna try and get some medicine to help her with any pain she might be having and god I hope she doesn't have to go. She isn't in the same shape that Playboy was, she is thinner, she gets about alright but it's starting to be an issue with the stairs so much so that I keep going to lift her up but she sort of wobbles out of my grip or runs away from being lifted, maybe she likes her independence. But I'm hoping they'll give her medicine and not say the dreaded words all owners fear about it being her time to go because losing both so quick will truly break me.

So I'm gonna ask for a little bit more advice on the part about feeling like I'm forgetting things about him. Is that normal or should I be worried?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Good morning. Try to understand and accept that everything that is happening to you, within your brain, is perfectly normal. Think about this for a moment. Something just happened to you that was completely unexpected, unwanted, shocking, terrifying, and quite literally, unacceptable. Your poor, but magnificent brain has to process all that and it does so by searching within for similar experiences and probably can't find any, or any that are helpful. At the same time, you are, and will continue to feel, the same depth of loss and despair. Now listen up and listen carefully for a moment. Life goes on, as it should and as it must, and this includes yours. You may not feel this, or even want this at times, but your brain not only knows this, but this is its number one objective, which is to keep you alive. It needs to keep you focused on the here and now or you can get into unexpected troubles, like running a red light or forgetting to pay your rent, etc.

This will sound odd but your brain has trouble sometimes discerning between what is really happening and what is being imagined. A perfect example is if you are watching a horror movie and a monster suddenly pops up and you scream or quickly cover your eyes. Was there a monster there? No. But your brain didn't know that, and never will. However, it did its job and pumped you up with adrenaline. (This partly explains why riots erupt after ball games.)

So, in defense of your brain, and in celebration of its miraculous, and sometimes peculiar effects, it's 24/7 nonstop job is to keep you safe from attacks from the outside (and this partly explains why riots erupt on ATS) and to keep you safe by making sure your own bodily needs are tended to. And this might even require a moment of forgetting here and there so that you can get back into that stream of life that you were once happily participating in.

So, in light of your having moments where you have forgotten for a moment what just happened, see this as perfectly normal, and even as a kind, momentary gift. We would all go instantly insane if we remembered and constantly relived every traumatic memory. It is very, very important that you experience these moments without expectations or judgments, either of yourself or of others. You are not yourself right now, or not the self you were a moment ago, and in fact, there is a hidden opportunity in that for you to tweek your inner being, by consciously participating in that very nano second of consciousness - even if you don't know what to do with it.

Be kind to yourself and know that you are perfect just as you are this very moment. Even sudden change takes time and there is no hurry here. Do get the Rescue Remedy if you can. It will not hamper, but enhance what is best within you.

And drink lots of water...you are dehydrated by all those cleansing tears and you are no doubt experiencing a few tension headaches and headaches are also often the first sign of dehydration. Oh, wow, how could I forget this, but you need to focus on Midnight. She does not understand, nor can she reason what is happening. Playboy has been a part of every moment of her entire life. She knows something terrible happened and this is confirmed for her by watching you. Your behavior and most importantly, your body language, will tell her if she is safe or not in this new world, so here is another hidden opportunity for you to tweek your pain and grief into a nugget of gold, otherwise known as alchemy.

And, lucky you, ATS is always a finger tap away, and someone is always there. If no one is on your thread, go knock on the door of the Shed. Tell them ClownFish sent you, and don't forget to bring Midnight with you. You might even find glimpses of Playboy there!

Fishy

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...

Whatever work you are doing you should quit and become a motivational speaker. It's clearly your calling and I mean that with sincerity. The above link is Midnight picture taken seconds after Playboy had his done. Thank you for your kind words and honestly I am doing a lot better, I've had a few tears but not as bad as before and I've spent more time than I can tell you talking and messing about with Mid, she has just woken from a sleep on the end of my bed where I've laid and rubbed her belly for more than half an hour and yep my arm needs a rest.

I've sat and told her that he is gone and that we'll both miss him and love him forever but we should try to move on. I think I was using our conversation as more of a sort of self pick me up. She is having a full health check up next month at the vets, she has a little hip trouble and I'm hoping they can give her something to make walking up the steps a little easier, she can climb up and down but sometimes has a little trouble.

Mum's already chosen her dog, a Husky that's just been born and can be collected in 8 wks and I think that's helping me as well, that's not to say I'm replacing Playboy I just think people telling me not to be put off having another dog are right. I owe you and everyone on here a big thank you. I don't feel like I'm locked in despair and not trying to sound like a crazy person I can see that Playboy might be gone but he was loved, lived a great life and will never ever be forgotten. You guys are greatly appreciated.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Dwoodward85 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

What a wonderful post! When my kitty, Josie, passed away I spent time on the shelter websites looking for another calico to replace her. I was pretty upset over her loss and wasn't thinking clearly. I found another calico and was ready to apply for adoption when I found out she was already taken. I was incredibly heartbroken.

Then a few months passed, when I went to meet a client at her house, I noticed a new kitty peeking out around the corner at me. I noticed she, too, was a calico and asked my client about her. I was shocked to learn it was the same kitty I wanted to adopt!!!

It was a real blessing in disguise. Now, whenever I go to her house I am delighted to see Cheyenne come over and rub against my legs!!

edit on 23-6-2016 by texasgirl because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join