It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my dog Sunday night and now near breaking point, please help.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...

13 years ago I got two German Shepperds. Playboy and Midnight (named by my sister) and in that time we spent so much time together we had fun, played ball, went for walks we shared good times and bad times and experienced things together that I couldn't share with you on this website. They basically had a great life and one that other dogs and even people only wish they could have but then a year ago their hips started to go. Both started at about the same time but Playboy, was getting it worse but he struggled on and then a few days ago he started to be sick and in one of them he was sick and had a little blood in it. I called the vet and they told me that they couldn't take him until Tuesday because they were over booked but to feed him only a little bit of food and plenty of water to clear his stomach out so I did but then Saturday rolled around and it was clear that this was it, he was finally leaving me.

I laid down with him on Sunday night and rubbed him, stroked him, told him he was the best boy in the world and he was always a good dog and that I loved him, the family loved him and I'll never ever stop thinking about him. I spent about twenty minutes with him on the floor until I noticed that he was starting to fall asleep...at least that's what I thought. I kissed him and told him that I'd speak to him in the morning but when the morning came round I couldn't speak to him. I woke up and found him gone, he'd died in the night hopefully in his sleep and it's killing me. I'm near breaking point here and don't see a way of getting through it.

I don't have people around me that could make me feel better about him being gone. No one who I could lean on simply because it's not done with our family. I've experienced losing a dog three times before this in my life years ago and got through it but I didn't feel this bad and so I've come here looking for help. I know this is a conspiracy site and not really for people upset about their dogs passing away but I'm near the point of snapping and don't want to get to the point where I do something that I regret. So I'm asking for people who've gone through this and felt it this hard to tell me how they get through it.

The like above is one to a picture of him because I don't know how to put it on here, if someone was kind enough to do it in a reply I'd appreciate it. I'm just looking for...honestly I don't know. I might be using this as a means to rant about it and show that I freaking hate that animals especailly dogs are taken so young and no I don't believe all that dog years rubbish. He was thirteen and to young to go. I miss him so much that it actually hurts inside, my stomach feels like I've been kicked in the stomach.

So without sound childish, please help.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

I'm sorry.

What else can be said.

Find comfort and strength to get through it I hope for you.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85 My heart goes out to you during this time.
You laid down with your dear dog and I believe he knew he was very loved by you and that it was his time to pass over into the other side where he will wait with exuberant love and a patience that only a loyal dog can have.
He went peacefully knowing you loved him and he was at home...
please find comfort in knowing that the love you gave him in his life and in the moment of crossing over, will keep his spirit at ease and the memories he gave you will forever be in your heart.
Take care, may you find peace

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Dear Dwodward85 - I feel your pain and I hear what you are saying. What a wonderful way to pass away - in the loving arms of the one person you love the most in your entire world. You were there for Playboy at the most crucial time. He went in love and he took all that love up with him when he went to the Rainbow Bridge. He is playing, romping, being a goofball right now because he knows it's just a waiting game and then he will reunite with you. He is in no pain.

You will feel like this for some time. It took me three months before I could get over the loss of two of my fur babies that left at the same time. And then suddenly all those moments of guilt and overwhelming sadness went and I now only think of them with love and happy memories. It will turn around - but there is no rush. Take your time and know that this is normal.

Many people that don't have pets (and even some that do) do not get the unconditional bond that exists between an owner and pet. It's the most pure there is.

My condolences and know that you are loved, just from a place where you can't see or visit yet. He's there and didn't leave you on purpose. It was just his time. Hugs - be kind to yourself and reach out. We're here for you. xox

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hey there. I'm so very sorry you lost such a good and loyal friend. I know what its like to lose a loved woofer. The only thing that provides me comfort is to know how that dog was loved dearly in its life, and to know that no matter how much we love them, no matter how much our hearts ache when they are gone from us, they can never ever outlive us. They will always pass before us, and we will have to see them off.
Its better that way really. They are vastly intelligent, but they probably don't comprehend death like we do. If we were to pass before them, they'd be lost, they'd be scared, and sad, but they wouldn't know any better. We have the luxury of knowing. While he won't come back, your dog lived a good life, and was loved so strongly. That must be something, to live a life, loyal to someone who loves you truly and wholy. What a very lucky dog he was. To know that you were there to tell him what a wonderful creature he was, before he went. It must have been so comforting.
Thank you for loving your pup. Thank you for providing him comfort and love in his final hours. We are lucky to have them while we do, we are lucky to make the memories we make with them, and to have the loyalty that we have earned from them while we have it.
Every dog I've had since my first dog, I've seen as an opportunity to provide and receive a love, and a friendship unlike any other. No two dogs of mine have been alike, in the relationship aspect. Each has their own personality, and each has its own lessons in life to teach you.
You will always love this dog, and you will always miss him dearly, but one day you will be able to breathe a little better knowing what an amazing relationship you were so blessed to experience with him, and knowing he had a happy loved life, and he is no longer in any pain, and is living it up with the rest of our friends who have passed on.

-Alee
edit on 6/21/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I know what you're going through. It's very sad. People who aren't "dog people" simply don't understand. Even some people who own dogs never really get to know their best friend the way they should. In the whole animal kingdom, there is no relationship that even comes close to human + dog. My dogs are truly my best friends in this world.

Eventually you'll get another dog, and that helps fill the void to some degree, although no other pet will ever take the place of the dog you just lost.

I wish you the best, OP. I believe you'll see your friend again some day. Until then, you have to believe he's in a better place.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

It brought tears to my eyes reading your story thinking about my German shepherd I lost a few years back.

Very similar to your situation. 13 yrs old, hips going and he finally lost control of his bowels.

Only difference we were able to get 'Samson' to the vet.

He died in my arms, with my wife and son stroking and saying similar things to what you said.

It was horrible! I will never forget that feeling of what was 'Sam' leave, and then his tongue just lay there on my arm.

It gets better, but the memory is still raw when things like this trigger it.

I now have 'Sasha', and she is very unique in her own way and I love her to death, but no Dog will ever replace Samson.

I recommend getting a new dog, if your circumstances allow, after a few months of mourning your loss.

Playboy was beautiful.
edit on 6 21 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Grief is the same for everyone with a human heart. You are not alone. I thought your retelling was beautiful. Getting it out like that is balm for the soul.

I totally respect your letting him pass at home instead of at the vet. I made that mistake with one of my beloved pets and I always regret it. Your telling of lying down with yours and stroking him, saying goodbye then 'falling sleep' brings tears to my eyes.

You oh so did the right thing. You loved him and you stayed with him to the end. There isn't much more to ask for in life but love and loyalty. You demonstrated both so well. I commend you.

As far as the grief, let it flow, too. The best thing for it, enjoy your tears of love, thats what they are. Loss is part of love.

edit on 21-6-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

This dog had an amazing life and it ended without tragedy, silently and you had a chance to say goodbye.

Celebrate this life! It was a good life (:
Keep strongs
GG

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Oh, I am so, so sorry for your loss! I know how painful that can be, and I sympathize.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I laid to rest the only dog I ever had in 2011. An ole weenie dog named Scrappy. It broke my heart to loose my friend. He spent the last two years of his life in a wheelchair...lost use of the back legs. I laid him to rest out here in my wooded area in my side yard. As I walked away from his grave that day......I could have swore I heard Scrappy say " Don't be sad & cry my old friend......we will see each other again one day....where we will laugh, run & play. I look forward to that day.a reply to: Dwoodward85

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I am so very sorry! I can tell by your post how much you're hurting and I know that pain so well, unfortunately! Playboy was a beautiful gentleman and the only thing I can say is try to get through one day at a time. If that's too much, take it one hour at a time.

Be grateful that you had 13 years with him. Continue to love him and remember the joy he brought into your life. It's hard, but you will get through this! Cry, rant, and express your anger if you need to. Let yourself grieve, but remember the love. Because that's what dogs are all about. My heart goes out to you.

If you think it might help to read it, this is the thread I made when I lost my GSD:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hugs to you... we're here for you... conspiracy site or not, we're kind of a family.
edit on 6/21/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Don't hold the pain inside, let it out..

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thanks very much. I had no clue how to share his picture. Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I am so very, very sorry for your loss!!! There is a website that deals with grief over the loss of a pet called

www.petloss.com...

It helped me understand the grief I felt when I lost my sweet kitty two years ago. It lists the stages of grief you'll go through and ways to cope. It's a good website. If you go on it, I hope it helps you, too.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss typing this tears are streaming down my face.
My heart breaks for you and I wish you the strength to get through this.

Sadly the pain never goes away I wish I can say it does.
I lost my precious boy April 11 2013 he was 15 and he had the epitome of a wonderful life I take comfort in
that and remembering everyday with him.
Sending healing thoughts over to you!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Wait a second...

Look at the love you gave him.

Some dogs never feel love.

My daughter ask me if there are dogs in heaven ?

I replied, it won't be heaven without all my dogs.

So sorry.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Man, losing a pet (especially one of the kind that lives longer) is one of the hardest things in life. Perhaps the best advice to give is to allow yourself some time for grief and think about adopting a dog. It never replaces the one you lost but it creates a new special place in your heart for some of that love and energy to live.

I've lost two in my lifetime and they were each devastating in their own way. You can't replace them but you don't have to. Never being forgotten is the greatest honor and says it all.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Thanks for the kind words. It makes me feel a little better. Honestly I expected a mix of good comments and bad but I've had nothing but good words and it has helped. I admit I've cried a few times reading all the comments but I think it helps. I've actually locked myself away to let me deal with my pain and I do have the other dog Midnight who's sitting next to me now nibbling on a little piece of kebab meat (I know they shouldn't but sometimes Dogs deserve it and she does after losing her brother).

So thanks, your comment helps.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

It was heart breaking but I'm glad I did it. I have certain issues with people in, lets call it the real world, and so they were always my best of friends, and it wasn't the fact that losing him was the worst part it was knowing that it was coming that made it the worst part. Lying there looking at him knowing that it was coming killed so I had to tell him those things just to make sure he knew he was loved and will be missed I think he knew that something was happening but according to the vet animals almost always fall asleep before they pass so that helped.

Thanks for your words they do help.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join