It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video emerges of Chinese bank employees being spanked for poor performance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The video was first published by the People's Daily and has now made it to youtube , it shows a trainer at the Changzhi Zhangze Rural Commercial Bank handing out corporal punishment against employees who did not "exceed themselves" at training.

The incident took place at a training session for more than 200 employees at Changzhi Zhangze Rural Commercial Bank in northern China on Saturday. The trainer, Jiang Yang, has issued an apology, saying the spanking was "a training model I have tried for years" and had not been instigated by executives at the bank.

Mr Jiang is seen reprimanding eight bank employees on stage, asking them why they received the lowest scores in a training exercise. The employees give answers including "failing to make a personal breakthrough", "I did not co-operate with colleagues" and "I lacked courage". Mr Jiang then says "get your butts ready" and proceeds to spank them with what appears to be a thick piece of wood. It shows at least four rounds of spanking, with one woman recoiling each time, apparently in pain. At one point, that women places her hands over her behind, but is told to "take your hand off".

The spanking was followed by a "hair cutting punishment", a statement (in Chinese) by the Changzhi local government said. Chinese media reports said the men had their heads shaved, while the women had their hair cut.
www.bbc.co.uk...

The bank's chairman and deputy governor had been suspended following the revelation but no word on any punishment handed down to the instigator of the shocking abuse other than Mr Yang issuing a video apology.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wtf kind of cultural expectation are you under to just stand in a line and take it? It's just better to leave your host nation if this is how it workers are treated, or if unable to do that, stay and fight, and deliver the spankers head to the bank management doorstep.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Oh My!

He'll get a spanking, of course.

They're Chinese, leave them be. They don't care about foreign perceptions anyway

I'll take this a as a sign.........................

edit on 21-6-2016 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I wonder if he came?

Asshole… A BIG Asshole.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Have these people no self respect.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
he really dont like the girl on the far right- he puts loads of energy into her slap a few times.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

That is some kinky corporate weirdness right there.

Maybe I gave up on the corporate world too fast?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
So it's that normal in China ?, probably yes and I bet that there are a lot of things here that bothers the Chinese,
I grew up in 2 countries and know about cultural differences.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I am sure they do, but it takes a back seat to being jobless and afraid that you won't be able to provide a roof or food for your children. This is exactly where we are headed.

Being an old broad, with most of my children fully, or nearly, fully grown, and with an empty nest, I can risk being homeless and living off of Ramen noodles.

The place where I worked, recently placed cameras in our work area. I was shocked, as there is absolutely nothing in the work area, but a desk, a computer screen, a telephone, and your ear phones, that you keep with you any way. We were not allowed to personalize our work space, because we were told the work space belongs to the company, not to us, if allowed to personalize our space, it was possible that we may accidentally offend a co-worker.

I was upset about the cameras. We were told they were placed, "for our protection", in case of a terrorist attack. They were just being proactive. I made it clear that I didn't believe a word they where saying since, the cameras provided no protection "from" an assault. At best they would provide video entertainment of the assault, if one did occur, but in no way would they prevent one. I suggested that if they wanted to protect us, that they put the cameras outside the building, and in the hall ways, where there are none at the present. Of course I was just ignored. I have gotten very used to that response.

The straw that broke the camel's back was that we where told we can have nothing at our desks, except water, which "must" be consumed from a clear, see through, container. We had to sign a contract saying that we agreed to the new changes and rules. Of course what I signed was my resignation.

Six others also placed their resignations, but over two hundred people, maybe more, signed the agreement. Sure they bitched and complained among themselves, but they signed and agreed. They each have their own personal story for why they have allowed themselves to be treated in this manner. We all have our price. Just hope you never have to find out what yours is.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

What is wrong with Asians! Smh

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If it would a been m e id a asked for another!! lol!!

The boss is a pervert. plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I am sure they do, but it takes a back seat to being jobless and afraid that you won't be able to provide a roof or food for your children. This is exactly where we are headed.

Being an old broad, with most of my children fully, or nearly, fully grown, and with an empty nest, I can risk being homeless and living off of Ramen noodles.

The place where I worked, recently placed cameras in our work area. I was shocked, as there is absolutely nothing in the work area, but a desk, a computer screen, a telephone, and your ear phones, that you keep with you any way. We were not allowed to personalize our work space, because we were told the work space belongs to the company, not to us, if allowed to personalize our space, it was possible that we may accidentally offend a co-worker.

I was upset about the cameras. We were told they were placed, "for our protection", in case of a terrorist attack. They were just being proactive. I made it clear that I didn't believe a word they where saying since, the cameras provided no protection "from" an assault. At best they would provide video entertainment of the assault, if one did occur, but in no way would they prevent one. I suggested that if they wanted to protect us, that they put the cameras outside the building, and in the hall ways, where there are none at the present. Of course I was just ignored. I have gotten very used to that response.

The straw that broke the camel's back was that we where told we can have nothing at our desks, except water, which "must" be consumed from a clear, see through, container. We had to sign a contract saying that we agreed to the new changes and rules. Of course what I signed was my resignation.

Six others also placed their resignations, but over two hundred people, maybe more, signed the agreement. Sure they bitched and complained among themselves, but they signed and agreed. They each have their own personal story for why they have allowed themselves to be treated in this manner. We all have our price. Just hope you never have to find out what yours is.

I worked for a company that introduced CCTV. 5 cameras on the shop floor. We were told they were security measures against burglars and thief's in general. 5 weeks later someone stole them.

Cant beat Heavy Engineering for a bit of thievery.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I worked for a company that introduced CCTV. 5 cameras on the shop floor. We were told they were security measures against burglars and thief's in general. 5 weeks later someone stole them.

Poetic!

I heard a man yesterday talking about the place were he works, also putting in cameras. He said he has worked there for over twenty years, is in upper management, and none of them were consulted.

He says he thinks the company was paid by the government to put them in.

This is how it normally works. First they give you benefits and incentives. Once enough people has fallen prey to their ruse, then they will start to penalize those that failed to come on board.

We had better start asking the right questions and fast.

Time is running out.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Those were not spankings, they were beatings, he used a lump of wood, hands are used in spankings.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Poetic!

I heard a man yesterday talking about the place were he works, also putting in cameras. He said he has worked there for over twenty years, is in upper management, and none of them were consulted.

He says he thinks the company was paid by the government to put them in.

This is how it normally works. First they give you benefits and incentives. Once enough people has fallen prey to their ruse, then they will start to penalize those that failed to come on board.

We had better start asking the right questions and fast.

Time is running out.

Insurance plays a big part as well. I dare say you may get better Insurance rates with video evidence of any criminal activity that leads to a claim/claims. Thievery is rifle in any big enough business, the bigger the Company the bigger the steal.

The Government can walk into your private space with a warrant and confiscate your video/property for free.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Those were not spankings, they were beatings, he used a lump of wood, hands are used in spankings.

Not in the videos i've seen.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Oh man that's a hell of a spanking! You know some people would pay good monies for that.

Man it's just nuts how skewed some people's perceptions are ... America going to #, no jobs... bull#. How come I can go over to an Asian country and bring back a cute looking Asian woman to marry who will obey and respect me, but most the women here are clueless and demand hardcore? It's opportunities, we have too much here and still complain.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Insurance plays a big part as well. I dare say you may get better Insurance rates with video evidence of any criminal activity that leads to a claim/claims. Thievery is rifle in any big enough business, the bigger the Company the bigger the steal.

It is down right funny when the only thing in the place worth stealing is the cameras.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

It is down right funny when the only thing in the place worth stealing is the cameras.

It was more of a statement than anything. I heard they went to a good home.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Public shaming like this is not uncommon in China, remember this is a country where people literally work themselves to death and companies line that their buildings with suicide nets because of people jumping at staggering rates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join