It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Push for diversity now gaining traction in the video game industry

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: LifeMode
Some games it would not work so well like a black PacMan.

Blac-Man?

(do not google this if you're prone to cultural sensitivities).

So being averse to something blatantly racist is cultural sensitivity?

Is that what bigots call it now?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: LifeMode
Some games it would not work so well like a black PacMan.

Blac-Man?

(do not google this if you're prone to cultural sensitivities).

So being averse to something blatantly racist is cultural sensitivity?

Is that what bigots call it now?

Probably.
edit on 21-6-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Nearly every game I've ever played the character is right-handed, the more recent resident evil games you could change the camera angle but never a leftie... It's a conspiracy

ever played legend of zelda?

it's changing to a righty link for the new game though...
they have won.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

It's the same old story as usual. All straight white males are racist,homophobes,Islamophobes,sexists,rapists,etc. etc.

There is a very clear and calculated anti-white agenda taking place in the west. Not only is racism against whites accepted, it is encouraged.

The worst part of it, is that a bunch of useful idiot white regressive leftists are leading the charge as they hand their heads in white guilt.

Sick of the identity politics in this world. Can't just leave it alone. EVERYWHERE you look there is some leftist agenda being pushed forward. Games, social media, politics, movies, TV, music, etc. etc. EVERYWHERE.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Cute, another racist post from you as usual.

EVERYONE IS RACIST EVERYTHING IS RACIST!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

And that's exactly what happens when the media is biased heavily to the left.

That's not at ALL what happened. It was a bunch of insane feminists indoctrinated with feminazi regressive racism BS that you love to partake in all the time in these forums.

These women staged a ton of "victim" events and went after ANYONE that opposed them in a way more vicious manner than any of the opposition. They got a guy arrested for NOTHING, tried getting another guy FIRED because he disagreed etc. etc.

The thing with you people is you like to change the definitions of words to suit your agenda. Harassment now means "disagree with." Rape now means "looking at." Racism now means "white person." The list goes on.

Quote from the queen of GG Anita Sarkeesian - "EVERYTHING is sexist, EVERYTHING is racist, and you need to point it ALL out."

This is why people can't stand feminists and the SJW type. It is hateful, intellectually dishonest, and highly abusive in all of it's iterations.

Here are a couple of links so you can see further why I cannot stand your type. Deceitful weasels hiding behind a lie of virtue. So next time you come to one of my threads trying to challenge my reasoning (which you love to do) acting as if you have no clue why I cannot stand social justice warriors, just refer back to this post. I could keep this list going infinitely, but this should give you a good enough idea.

Gregory Allen Elliot
Thunderfoot Firing Attempt
Mattress Girl
I need some muscle
Stage stormed, security does nothing
Tearing Signs Down
No Whites Allowed

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Let me guess you're one of those gamers who always chooses the female character?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost Are you serious? When you've had the west/Europe trying to influence every aspect of everything that happens on globe or using any means to spread their forms of government and capitalism? Europe/West has forced its way other cultures but cries when the same happens to it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BLee8127

You'd guess wrong.

a reply to: PsionicOmniverse

What point are you attempting to make? Are you posting in the correct thread?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

They are? I always remembered link being a leftie when I was a kid playing Ocarina of Time... Honestly FPS are really missing a trick.
I think a Tom Clancey game was the only other game I played with a leftie or choice, not 100% on that though.

RIP Link, I'm not fooled by your doppelganger.

edit on 22-6-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Well you can read my post again, but your topic makes absolutely no sense, you've had entire cultures displaced by Europe/Western countries ... you have no real sound argument to make here. Just like how people will talk about immigrants in Europe but forget how their ancestors invited themselves into their countries.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Where is this being said?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

List starts at around 2:20.

Language is rather harsh.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

First, diversity is not the homogenisation of all things. Diversity insists that difference be ENFORCED, not merely absorbed.

Fixed it for you.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

The real problem with the "diversity movement" are aspects like what happened with Ghostbusters. Remaking things just because or forcing female, homosexual and other non-traditional characters into roles for no purposeful reason.

100% agree with that. I'm all for diversity and creating a more open minded society. I understand why "hollywood" is putting more transexuals and homosexuals in shows now. It's a way to open the mind of the public.

However, it sucks when it is completely forced.

The remake of ghostbusters with women is a perfect example. Whats next? Predator with a transexual arnald sportsanoger. Willy wonka and the chocolate factory with a way-too-obvious homosexual willy wonka?

edit on 22-6-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

That's not what you did in the least.

You broke it. Completely and utterly banjaxed the entire shebang.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

That pleasant fellow doesn't prove your claim. Not one person on his list blamed Orlando on video games.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Ever wondered if the game industry is training us to pick a style of avatar where the physical body is controlled by our higher selves.

Initially this was a joke, however, what if every ATS member is nothing more than a brain in a Matrix container and the planet Earth is the training world ?

The Matrix gives us the options of what style of Avatar to possess later on ranging from Grand Theft Auto style to Warhammer 40K. The avatar will be dependent upon the choice of the real person (brain) in the test-tube.

So if the real world is futuristic then the brain will be linked to the avatar Terminator via the pineal gland.

If the real world that the space ship is orbiting is medieval, then the brain will control the movements of a person in a Game of Thrones world.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I believe that Anime is too Japanese-centric. The themes, characters and concepts used to create them follow the same formula which lacks diversity.

What anime are you watching ?

The stuff I have it's ALL over the place.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PsionicOmniverse

You are the one that is making no sense. This thread is NOT about a culture clash or immigrants. Save your "West has done evil therefore it deserves all the evil it encounters" garbage for the appropriate thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join