It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society is forced to be accepting of gays & transgenders.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Yeah!!!

Just SHUT UP!!!

You don't get to act like an a-hole and then not be dressed down for it.
Own your own crap. Don't expect others to let you get away with ass-hattery.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Gay marriage and trans gendered people wont ever change or affect your life, but dont let that stop you from crying gay agenda.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack

What the hell is an "ex-gay"?

Are we talking about someone who has been to one of the torture sites and psycho-indoctrination locations which advertise their commitment to "pray the gay away"?

In which case, what you have there is someone who has a serious and complex, not to mention deliberately induced Stockholm Syndrome.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: celinem

Apparently you do care though. As is proven with making this thread. I get it with some of the crap..but as far as gay marriage if you dont care shouldnt they have the right to it? Well they do now. You can foget aboutit!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

What the hell is an "ex-gay"?

Are we talking about someone who has been to one of the torture sites and psycho-indoctrination locations which advertise their commitment to "pray the gay away"?

In which case, what you have there is someone who has a serious and complex, not to mention deliberately induced Stockholm Syndrome.
I meant just what the hell I said. I'm one that tends to believe people are born that way, just as I was born hetero so I tend to think "ex-gay people are still that way, but they try a different lifestyle. All I said was that I've met ex-gay people and I've never met an ex-black. It was in context with the post I was responding to. That's what the hell I said.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

And I want to know what you are talking about, because it sounds to me like someone who has been shamed by their peers into trying on a hat that does not fit.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

And I want to know what you are talking about, because it sounds to me like someone who has been shamed by their peers into trying on a hat that does not fit.

THat is sometimes correct.

My real father could be called an ex-gay. When I was little, everyone was under a lot of pressure to be sexually liberated, and prove so by having all kinds of sex possible. Swinging was almost obligatory for married couples, and if you didn't have a homosexual partner in there somewhere, you would be called a sexually repressed square who doesn't know how to love. My parents had partners of both sexes and made effort to have sex with people of different ethnic backgrounds- my mom was very proud and let everyone know it when she slept with a black man.

They brought a man into their bedroom together, and they became a threesome for quite some time. More and more, the relations between the two men were more often without my mother, and he began to question his sexual preference. My parents talked and they decided he'd move in with a gay couple who were friends of theirs.

I don't know how long he was there. I remember visiting their apartment many times. Then one day he came back with his suitcases and I heard him telling my mom he was sure he was not gay. He found the lifestyle far from desireable.
Didn't try it again.

Of course, all that mess tore the marriage apart in little time and years later they both declared that they felt it was a very bad idea. But yeah, sometimes people give in to social pressure because they have been convinced it is the right thing to do and because they are threatened with social rejection.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

And why should people who dont accept others be treated with kid gloves? Accepting ones fellow human no matter what their gender should come natural to everyone. Sadly, it doesn't, hence the need for them to fight to get their rights.

Loving all people and accepting them for who they are is not the same as accepting all behaviors and changing laws based of individuals.
Often we are now subject to insulting public behaviors that once would not have been permitted by ANY group. The art show that became acceptable in public windows depicting a man peeing into another Mans mouth and various sex acts for instance. This was deemed art suitable for the public at random only because it represented gays.

Here is a couple of Tame representation of what I am saying. This is what it means to be gay? There was two naked men in one parade on a cycle with the one Man clearly putting his pecker in the other guys but IN the Parade! Nice thing we are proud the Girl Scouts were asked to be now in the middle of this along with many other kids and groups.

What do you want from us? Respect?
[inappropriate images removed]

edit on 21-6-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 21 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Oh no no no... there it is- the accusation "you have anti gay opinions".

I made no such accusation.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

THat is sometimes correct.

My real father could be called an ex-gay. When I was little, everyone was under a lot of pressure to be sexually liberated, and prove so by having all kinds of sex possible. Swinging was almost obligatory for married couples, and if you didn't have a homosexual partner in there somewhere, you would be called a sexually repressed square who doesn't know how to love. My parents had partners of both sexes and made effort to have sex with people of different ethnic backgrounds- my mom was very proud and let everyone know it when she slept with a black man.

They brought a man into their bedroom together, and they became a threesome for quite some time. More and more, the relations between the two men were more often without my mother, and he began to question his sexual preference. My parents talked and they decided he'd move in with a gay couple who were friends of theirs.

I don't know how long he was there. I remember visiting their apartment many times. Then one day he came back with his suitcases and I heard him telling my mom he was sure he was not gay. He found the lifestyle far from desireable.
Didn't try it again.

Of course, all that mess tore the marriage apart in little time and years later they both declared that they felt it was a very bad idea. But yeah, sometimes people give in to social pressure because they have been convinced it is the right thing to do and because they are threatened with social rejection.

I know someone who experienced very similar, the kids are the losers, in their case it destroyed the kids who turned to drugs, confused and feeling your parents need for sex in any form comes before the love of the kids and giving them stability and a Family disgusts me how selfish we become!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Someone who has sex with people of the same sex (even if they enjoy it) is not necessarily a homosexual. Someone with a homosexual orientation not only has sex, but they can have love and relationships that last a lifetime. It isn't just about sex, anymore than being a heterosexual is just about the sex.

I would say that your father enjoyed some kinky sex, but got tired of no love and no relationship. That's probably because he was a heterosexual who could only really love and have a long-standing relationship with someone of the opposite sex. That's not an "ex-gay".

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

because it sounds to me like someone who has been shamed by their peers into trying on a hat that does not fit.

TrueBrit, you know I love you, but isn't this pretty much what the OP was talking about? The shaming part by one's peers for not falling in line with the popular opinion(s)?

I have a sister and a grandson who are both homosexual. My best friend is a beautiful shade of ebony. However, I don't attend gay pride parades, nor do I attend BLM meetings.

My BF doesn't approve of my homosexual family; my sister thinks it's terrible that I have a black best friend. Those are their problems, not mine. The trick is that all of them know better than to involve me. I reserve the right to my own opinions. All peoples have that same right. All peoples have the right to voice their opinions without being castigated for it.

Does that make sense?

At least our noob posted her thread in the right forum

Jasmine

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Oh no no no... there it is- the accusation "you have anti gay opinions".

I made no such accusation.

I absolutely understand how someone could feel defensive and antagonized about that. If someone was bugging me about my opinions and likening me to a Nazi, I would get tired of it, too.

A LGBT activist doing this to me,
and you claim they are doing it because of my opinion?

There's no other way to read that except a very passive aggressive way of saying I am anti-LGBT.
You might as well have said "Gee, I understand, it must be hard to be a gay hating jerk...."

But think a little further-
The technique can only work with people who already side with the speaker.
The threat of being "one of them" doesn't effect someone who identifies with the enemy already.
It's like when Christian activists tell someone "you have to do this with us or God will condemn you to hell"
-They can only use that with people who already believe in God and hell.

So.. no, I am not being hassled because of my opinion. My opinion is not asked nor do I offer it because these are always people who already know me and know I am accepting of LGBT people.
I am being hassled because I am not getting in fights out there, I am instead living in peaceful acceptation of the LGBT folk around me. That is not enough for the extremists who want violent fights.
edit on 21-6-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

These guys were also at a gay pride parade. They are also what it means to be gay. Do they not deserve your respect?

Don't paint a whole group with such a wide brush, will ya?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

Hello LadyJae,

Lovely to see you!

I think the difference between what I said, and what the OP is saying is about intent, and context. For a start, it is an arguable point as to whether or not a pro-gay rights view point is the popular opinion, certainly from a global perspective. There are many nations where it is not merely frowned upon, but a serious criminal offence to even be homosexual, let alone a proud one. And certain localities in otherwise homosexual friendly nations, can be quite full of prejudice against the entire idea.

However, the largest difference, as I see it, is that whereas the OP is complaining about being "forced to accept" persons who identify as LGBT, which suggests that they would approach the subject from a position contrary to that force, my statement above implies that not only do I believe that LGBT persons should have the freedoms associated with persons who are not LGBT, but also that those who have been indoctrinated should be given the help they need to free themselves from the damage done to them by intolerance.

All in all, my statement is compassionate, shows concern for my fellow human beings and the mental state they may find themselves in when conditioned by society to self shame, whereas the OP seems to advocate for a lack of compassion. No matter how one slices it, one message comes from a position of platonic love, the other from a position of casual disregard, if not thinly veiled animosity.

I am not seeking to shame the OP in the least.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a reply to: LadyJae

Hello LadyJae,

Lovely to see you!

I am not seeking to shame the OP in the least.

And it's wonderful to see you, my friend

No, no, TrueBrit. I'm so sorry to have given the impression that I thought your intent was to shame our OP!

Let me think on this a bit longer and get my thoughts in order (perhaps purchase a nonskipping keyboard). I'll address your other points then.

My last stroke robbed me of my ability to put words to print in an easy manner.

Jas

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You are absolutely spot on...if you don't love 'them' you are a bigot.

Well, I don't 'love' their lifestyle, but as fellow humans they are alright.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: SeaWorthy

These guys were also at a gay pride parade. They are also what it means to be gay. Do they not deserve your respect?

Don't paint a whole group with such a wide brush, will ya?

Why do they deserve respect?

People EARN respect and they haven't done a damn thing just by being gay.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae

I have a sister and a grandson who are both homosexual. My best friend is a beautiful shade of ebony. However, I don't attend gay pride parades, nor do I attend BLM meetings.

So I am not alone in expressing my acceptance through just... accepting. Period.
Not being an activist does NOT = being a hater.

But I can see how some people could basically change their opinion and begin hating if they feel manipulated and pressured like this a lot.

It's exactly like people who become atheists who can't stand Christians simply because they have a long history of feeling forced by Christians.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

S&F I feel ya, pandering to a minority at the cost of the majority is BS. If they want fair and equal treatment than they can shut the hell up and live life like the rest of us. I swear I am gona setup a straight pride parade just to aggravate some lefty loon!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join