It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society is forced to be accepting of gays & transgenders.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: DeadFoot

Gays could stay "closeted". Can't change your skin color. BIG difference.

Could've kept their mouth shut on the bus.

Could've drank from their own fountains.

Could've dated within their race.

None of which got you killed by your local courthouse.

Hell, they could even marry eachother and raise children.

A culture of black people in a certain area was encouraged, whereas gay culture was VIOLENTLY suppressed by law until the freaking NINETEEN SEVENTIES.

And also... Not all gay people could stay closeted. Not only is privacy no guarantee, but some of em are just insanely obvious. Then you've got the fact that we are talking about a time with no Internet, and not being suggestively and visibly gay would pretty much ensure that you would be alone for the rest of your life.

With gay suicide rates these days, I can't even fathom what it would've been like back then.
edit on 29-6-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't feel pressure or hate from any individual in any of those communities or life-styles.

The thing that makes me crazy is how everything has to be pigeon-holed into a designer phrase these days! The PC stuff makes me crazy!

I have a niece who started out as a lesbian, then decided she was bi-sexual, then decided she was straight, then decided she is non-binary. WTF??? Her and her friends also decided that as individuals they don't want to be referred to as a "he" or a "she", but as a "they". Not only is that the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, but it makes no grammatical sense!

Seriously.... I see it in all of our youth today, everyone is trying so hard to be a LABEL of what they are! I can't stand it anymore! Just be who you are and STFU about it! I really don't care who anyone wants to date, marry, or what type of life they want to lead when it comes to that stuff, just stop trying to hard to be recognized for being different. We're all human. End of story.

I am Native American Indian and I've never asked to be treated special and I've never sought a specific label and talk about having equality stripped away? Oy! I could go on and on but what does it matter?
edit on 29-6-2016 by Scorpiogurl because: Add language

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

My 14 yr old nephew told my mother that its cool and hip to be gay / trans, lol

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Yes, I hear a lot of this too coming from my nieces, nephews and some of their friends. The problem with that is those who are legit, like some of my friends who were just born that way and had to deal with the real emotions of feeling different, being afraid, not fitting in, etc. are being discredited in a way. If someone can change their sexual identity at will because they consider it cool and/or hip then I call that BS and it shouldn't be treated with respect or dignity and there shouldn't be rights or special considerations associated with it.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

When I was in school the gays stayed in the closet, I remember gossiping about them. If i could go back and stick up for them I would, i was very immature at the time.

I am glad that its considered "cool", however I do not want a straight child to try and be gay just to be "cool".

I don't think that is whats happening tho, I think they are just more accepted these days and Im glad about it.

edit on 29-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

When I was in school there were a few kids who were gay out-loud and proud of it. There were others who were gay and kept it in the closet. I never had a problem with it either way.

I agree, I wouldn't want a straight kid pretending to be gay, bi or trans just because it's considered cool these days. As I said, I find that insulting and discrediting to legit gay individuals who face real struggles.

As far as being more accepted I think it depends upon what area you live in. I am around the Boston area and there's never a problem. I think it might be different in some of the southern states.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Yes, southern Bible Belt state here

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: celinem

The first transgender congress 'person' was elected in the Philippines this year.

DId you see that?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It always comes down to religion!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: digup

yes, I did run across that very quickly, not here though, there needs to be a thread for it

honestly, how many are there already that we just don't know about

edit on 30-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
No amount of social BS is going to convince me it's "normal".

I'm cool with it, accepting of it (gay, transgender, etc.) By all means, be with who makes you happy. And if you were born a gal, and want to be a dude, or vice-versa, etc., hey, whatever floats your boat. Knock yourself out.

But don't expect me to consider it "normal", because I don't.

And if that's my problem, then well, I'm entitled to feel that way if I want to, just as you are. It won't make me not hire you (as long as it doesn't interfere with the job and customer expectations). It won't make me deny you any right or benefit as anyone else. Same with someone who has piercings in every orifice, or a completely tattooed face. Or some other wackiness I don't consider to be the social norm.

I'm cool with it, but don't expect me to consider it "normal".

I've got a gay brother, a transgender brother in law, a bi wife, a bi daughter, a son who has no idea what he is, etc., so I live with these conflicts people have on a daily basis.

But again, I don't consider it "normal".

Does it make me love my family any less? Of course not (and hey, a bi wife can be fun now and then). So the Social Justice Warriors shouldn't be too quick to charge at me for saying it isn't "normal". Normal to me, is for ME to decide, just as you decide your own norms.

edit on 30-6-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

yeah, its ok, im straight white female and I don't consider myself normal either.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

This just in transgenders approved to US military www.defense.gov...

8 hours ago judge ruled same sex couples on birth certificates!! therealstrategy.com...

This means birth certificates are now not legal documents. The "Certificate of Live Birth" is meaningless. Parents are now officially "owners" of children. No mother or father needed, only contracts.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: digup
I liked your post bc of the new rulings, not bc of your nonsensical bigotry posted afterwards

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: digup

This just in transgenders approved to US military www.defense.gov...

Transgender people have been serving in the military forever.

8 hours ago judge ruled same sex couples on birth certificates!! therealstrategy.com...

This means birth certificates are now not legal documents. The "Certificate of Live Birth" is meaningless. Parents are now officially "owners" of children. No mother or father needed, only contracts.

This article was written by a complete moron.

le·gal
ˈlēɡəl/
adjective
of, based on, or concerned with the law.
"the American legal system"
permitted by law.
"he claimed that it had all been legal"

...Federal Judge Tanya Walton Pratt ruled...

edit on 1-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I always have wondered if transgender lesbians exist...wouldn't that an be interesting species?

I just am just wondering if going LGBT is just another social experiment....maybe the Elite are putting stuff into our food supply to change out brain functions (hit or miss who goes lgbt?)
edit on 1-7-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

If a boy transed into a girl, and still preferred girls, then that would be a transgendered lesbian I guess.

There has always been LGBT peeps, nothing in the food, just its all over the news now and more known. We are in the light of equal rights currently and its wonderful to say we have lived in this era.

edit on 1-7-2016 by veracity because: further thought

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

We are in the light of equal rights currently and its wonderful to say we have lived in this era.

Quoted for agreement. Well said

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I don't see what's wrong with that. If it was "Normal" then there'd be no issue to discuss.

Who knows what's normal anyway!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: jasminnne

You can disagree all you want, however, if you own a cake shop and a gay couple came in to purchase one of your cakes, you would have to serve them.

You can disagree, but you cannot discriminate...understand?

Yes but even just saying their opinion people are attacked for it. That is what I mean. Say your opinion on homosexuals or transgenders and you are suddenly an evil demon with horns and a tail and are subject to personal attacks with no discussion. I have seen it for myself and did not say anything personal or mean to anyone.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join