It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society is forced to be accepting of gays & transgenders.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt

Yes I tried to upload one and it just won't let me and it's a shame too cause the ladies would only retreat with a well placed ban stick after seeing my mug.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
....... & again with the hate. this is exactly my point! I have no problem with voicing my opinion so if i had a 'problem' with the LGBQT community, I'd say so. You're not seeing the point of this thread, instead you're being a smart Alec. a reply to: 3danimator2014

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
....... & again with the hate. this is exactly my point! I have no problem with voicing my opinion so if i had a 'problem' with the LGBQT community, I'd say so. You're not seeing the point of this thread, instead you're being a smart Alec. a reply to: 3danimator2014

link   
celinem

but I don't appreciate that 'community' bashing others who have a different opinion about the matter.

Well, that is the nature of the proverbial beast. In this instance, online discussion forums. There are plenty of echo chambers out there that would be glad to listen to your opinions whilst offering no challenging opinions. Perhaps you would feel more comfortable in such a community?

Try posting an abduction story or maybe go read some gangstalking threads. Those poor folks get community bashed right out the front doors.

link   

originally posted by: celinem

I dont hate you in the slightest. I have no feelings whatsoever for you. Im just pointing out your comments are typical of what you claim not to be.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: celinem

It is true that if you try to bring up the subject of rainbow equality and how far we should allow it to go with certain things like parades with half naked men and women in full view of peoples kids you can face some blow back from those with the mindset that anything goes in our day and age.

That is a little close for comfort for many folks I would imagine and I could see how they might feel almost "hounded" by the effects of letting the gays fly their flags openly and pervasively throughout all aspects of our society.

edit on 21-6-2016 by stabstab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: stabstab
a reply to: celinem

It is true that if you try to bring up the subject of rainbow equality and how far we should allow it to go with certain things like parades with half naked men and women in full view of peoples kids you can face some blow back from those with the mindset that anything goes in our day and age.

That is a little close for comfort for many folks I would imagine and I could see how they might feel almost "hounded" by the effects of letting the gays fly their flags openly and pervasively throughout all aspects of our society.

Well, i agree about the gay marches, even though i dont see the problem with kids of any age seeing nudity (im from Europe), there is no need for some of the more extreme marches. Agreed.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
celinem

To better comprehend your apparent dilemma, could you give an example of an instance in which you were personally "hounded" to be accepting of the sexual orientation of members of the LGTB persuasion?

It would be interesting to know what the experience of being hounded to support the LGBQT community is like, because I live in a very forward thinking town and have not seen or felt pressure from all around and when I look up top stories on my search engine, I'm not getting that hounded feeling either...
I kinda thought the bathroom issue has blown over... even Dolly Parton, a Christian I believe, has said something like people gotta pee and she isn't showing signs of being hounded into believing people should be allowed to be their selves and pee like anybody else...
but again, where exactly is this pressure coming from... I hear things on college radio discussing LGBQT struggles... but again I don't get the sense of being hounded..

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Let me point out that your comments are exactly the issue i am trying to bring up in this thread. You are assuming that my opinion of the LGBQT community is negative because of a 'typical' comment i made. hmmmmm...

a reply to: 3danimator2014

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Let me point out that your comments are exactly the issue i am trying to bring up in this thread. You are assuming that my opinion of the LGBQT community is negative because of a 'typical' comment i made. hmmmmm...

I just don't see anyone who whole hearteadly supported the LGBT community and had a best friend who was gay as ranting about this. And nothing you have said so far has changed my mind. All you have done is whine and complain about about being "hounded". You have not offered any valid arguments, nothing new, no coherent opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
I see you are well versed in the ways of the contrarian.

It's ok to force something down someones throat *metaphorically*, but when someone says anything against it, out comes the "So you're not, but then you are" twaddle..

I like your posts in general.. well thought out. I guess there is a reason this is a strong topic for you..

My brother is gay, yes. And i have have many gay friends inherited from my wifes circle of friends.

unfortunately, yes, LGBT requires some forcing down peoples throats. I would prefer it if it didnt, but there is so much non acceptace of them, that it is required i feel. I know that everyone i know would love there to be a day when Gay Pride is no longer needed

Plus, i'm sorry, but what Celine said is so stereotypical. "My best friend is black/gay"..."Im not a racist/homophobe, BUT..."

Come on...

My partners son is gay. She is a self confessed faghag. she adores the guys and girls who are open about it all and has spent a lot of time with them. I am not the sort of person to ever judge. I have worked with many gay people, some who really did creep me out but others who were absolutely normal about it. there is a difference, sometimes.

But the media *IS* forcing it down our throats. Equality does not come from oppression of the opposing opinion. I see and know that. It never works, it fosters an underlying dislike.

Here, let me say it too.. "I have gay friends, but I don't like how this is going". I'll get my Missouri woman to tell you that too, and you don't want an Amazon woman to size you up.

The thing is, you cannot force things like this, and that is exactly what is being done. When inequality is seen, fight it, yes. I do, I agree. but force it without consideration? you're opening the doors to even more bigotry and hate. And that will not change by forcing it even more.

Look at the entire 'transgender toilet' issue. no discussion, no debate, just bam, take it. alternatives should have and could have been argued. a compromise come to.

But it's not the way of the liberal left, all they want is my way or the highway, and at the end of the day that breeds yet more bigots. Forcing things, does not solve problems. It creates them on top of the ones they seek to remedy.

You cannot fight an inherent bigotry by bashing it with law. or the media compounding it. You just can't. and I think that was the OP's point.

So yeah, we can have similar opinions, the OP and I, and still have gay friends, or transgender friends, and NOT be the 'stereotype' you are intimating we are. Sounds a little like a blanket statement to me, to claim otherwise...

Personally, I believe the days of this separation between all walks of life is coming to an end. old farts are dying out. But for some reason, culturally ancient and religiously intolerant people are appearing.

And if they, the current mob, are not dying out, then they have no voice in this world. there are plenty more people to advocate - not enforce - change than ever before.

-- I messed up the quotes.. damn it..
edit on 21-6-2016 by Parafitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Well, you're making the rookie n00b mistake of not explaining the firsthand source of your hounded ire. That amounts to "I don't like this gay s#, mommy, hrmph! < foot stomp > "
Psst.
You're not going to get far with that.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Yes I tried to upload one and it just won't let me and it's a shame too cause the ladies would only retreat with a well placed ban stick after seeing my mug.

Get ye a Viking avatar..

Even I fancy Floki !!

edit on 21-6-2016 by Parafitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parafitt

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
I see you are well versed in the ways of the contrarian.

It's ok to force something down someones throat *metaphorically*, but when someone says anything against it, out comes the "So you're not, but then you are" twaddle..

I like your posts in general.. well thought out. I guess there is a reason this is a strong topic for you..

My brother is gay, yes. And i have have many gay friends inherited from my wifes circle of friends.

unfortunately, yes, LGBT requires some forcing down peoples throats. I would prefer it if it didnt, but there is so much non acceptace of them, that it is required i feel. I know that everyone i know would love there to be a day when Gay Pride is no longer needed

Plus, i'm sorry, but what Celine said is so stereotypical. "My best friend is black/gay"..."Im not a racist/homophobe, BUT..."

Come on...

My partners son is gay. She is a self confessed faghag. she adores the guys and girls who are open about it all and has spent a lot of time with them. I am not the sort of person to ever judge. I have worked with many gay people, some who really did creep me out but others who were absolutely normal about it. there is a difference, sometimes.

But the media *IS* forcing it down our throats. Equality does not come from oppression of the opposing opinion. I see and know that. It never works, it fosters an underlying dislike.

Here, let me say it too.. "I have gay friends, but I don't like how this is going". I'll get my Missouri woman to tell you that too, and you don't want an Amazon woman to size you up.

The thing is, you cannot force things like this, and that is exactly what is being done. When inequality is seen, fight it, yes. I do, I agree. but force it without consideration? you're opening the doors to even more bigotry and hate. And that will not change by forcing it even more.

Look at the entire 'transgender toilet' issue. no discussion, no debate, just bam, take it. alternatives should have and could have been argued. a compromise come to.

But it's not the way of the liberal left, all they want is my way or the highway, and at the end of the day that breeds yet more bigots. Forcing things, does not solve problems. It creates them on top of the ones they seek to remedy.

You cannot fight an inherent bigotry by bashing it with law. or the media compounding it. You just can't. and I think that was the OP's point.

So yeah, we can have similar opinions, the OP and I, and still have gay friends, or transgender friends, and NOT be the 'stereotype' you are intimating we are. Sounds a little like a blanket statement to me, to claim otherwise...

Personally, I believe the days of this separation between all walks of life is coming to an end. old farts are dying out. But for some reason, culturally ancient and religiously intolerant people are appearing.

And if they, the current mob, are not dying out, then they have no voice in this world. there are plenty more people to advocate - not enforce - change than ever before.

-- I messed up the quotes.. damn it..

I understand what you are saying. You have explained it rationaly and believably. And i can accept what you are saying even if i dont agree 100%

Unfortunately Celine didnt. She just ranted and replied with every stereotypical reply under the sun.

Right, i really have to get back to work. I will take what you said on board and give it some further thought.
edit on 21-6-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Whats funny is I have a norwegian dad and I look alot like the guy in your picture lol. Good old Anderson cave man viking blood.
edit on 21-6-2016 by stabstab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Well, you're making the rookie n00b mistake of not explaining the firsthand source of your hounded ire. That amounts to "I don't like this gay s#, mommy, hrmph! < foot stomp > "
Psst.
You're not going to get far with that.

Bingo.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What's the punishment these days for not accepting the gay or transgendered in America. I bet there isn't one, so tell me how you are forced to accept their lifestyle. I bet you can't

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Whats funny is I have a norwegian dad and I look alot like the guy in your picture lol.

Lucky bloke, Floki is one of a kind. now if he acts the same, I'd be worried

If you've never seen vikings, check it out. Floki, the boat builder.. with a penchant for perhaps killing people

teeheehee

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

This is why I like your posts so often, you have a sense about you.

We may not agree, but we can agree to compromise, or disagree, and there is no outright loss of attitude.

Not that I've interacted with you before, but I've seen your posts. Starred many.

A good thing. And I agree with you. Work is far more important than a discussion here. Though I do think the OP was just saying the same as I, in a different way. but thank you for being a reasonable participant !!

*I bet it was my threat of my Amazonian partner.. Christ she scares me too brother !!!* lmao

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join