It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTuber Claims the Mandela Effect Will Lead to Her Divorce

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

One does not simply chose to fall into delusion, ones mind breaks down chemically, and the result is delusion, if you think you can think your way out of a psychotic break you are wrong, and at risk of going down that trail again in the event you stop taking medications. We trust our senses, it's the most basic part and most fundamental part when interacting with reality, when those senses are malfunctioning and our own thought processes are malfunctioning delusion and hallucination will surely set it; regardless of our "hubris". You cannot think you way out of psychosis, and suggesting that is innacurate at best.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

One does not simply chose to fall into delusion, ones mind breaks down chemically, and the result is delusion, if you think you can think your way out of a psychotic break you are wrong

Well I'm sorry to tell you that I did. Without going to an hospital and without taking any medication.

Also people don't choose to fall into delusion, but they certainly "want to believe" really bad and will usually reject any critical examination of their beliefs long before the psychotic break.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
double post
edit on 21-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
"Person not on youtube predicts woman on youtubes imminent separation"

I hate being a prophet at times like this

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

You did not think your way out of a psychotic break, false. You are spreading patently false information and spewing it on ATS you need to stop.

You did not have a psychotic break induced by mental Illness, because if you did you wouldn't be able to just think your way out of it, I would suggest this was an illicit substance episode.
edit on 21-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

when those senses are malfunctioning and our own thought processes are malfunctioning delusion and hallucination will surely set it; regardless of our "hubris".

No. When you start realizing that your sense might be malfunctioning because what they show you clashes with what others are telling you, it's traumatic, but you still have two ways to respond to it:

- Trust what other people are telling you, especially those who love you, and accept that it might be your sense and mind malfunctionning
- Believe you cannot be wrong and refuse their version of the facts

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

You did not have a psychotic break induced by mental Illness, because if you did you wouldn't be able to just think your way out of it, I would suggest this was an illicit substance episode.

It wasn't so either I'm like an extremely rare case, either I did thought my way of my psychotic break because I've always been an extremely critical person so when I confronted my delusions with others, and saw they wouldn't agree, I realized something was really wrong.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Or are you suggesting that anyone believing in the Mandela Effect has a mental illness?

The way we approach such questions, with a critical mind or not, will determine how far we can delude ourselves, regardless of any mental illness

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

It's funny that you shun hubris whilst touting your own accomplishment, you are spreading false information and I'm done with this, ATS you cannot think yourself out of a psychotic break , so if you see someone going through this do not leave them, do not try to "shake them out of it" take them to a hospital to get an evaluation, and if they fight call an ambulance and explain the situation.
edit on 21-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

One does not simply chose to fall into delusion, ones mind breaks down chemically, and the result is delusion, if you think you can think your way out of a psychotic break you are wrong, and at risk of going down that trail again in the event you stop taking medications. We trust our senses, it's the most basic part and most fundamental part when interacting with reality, when those senses are malfunctioning and our own thought processes are malfunctioning delusion and hallucination will surely set it; regardless of our "hubris". You cannot think you way out of psychosis, and suggesting that is innacurate at best.

2004. I had a psychotic break down. I wanted to post this on the EVP are dangerous post, but.. well.. anyway, started hearing music in the motors of my PC case fan. Literally, faint, subtle tunes. I could stop the fan with my finger, and the music would stop. and as I tested this, I became convinced that somehow, music was being relayed from the high pitched whirr of the fan (carrier) and the way the fans spun (modulator). and then I started to hear specific tunes. and then what seemed to be radio announcements. I was hearing very subtle things but as the days went on, I heard it louder. "The Great Canadian Ape Crisis" -- I kid you not, like an alert, and my head freaked out. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?? it got worse, to very horrible tunes, words so horrible, repeating, just atrocious. Evil.

And as I pulled my PC apart to get the fan out, I noticed circuitry inside the fan. *duh*.. but at the time, I was convinced... people were manufacturing PC fans with electronics to deliver subliminal audio so that every person, at every desk, was subliminally hearing things. things to send us angry, hateful, angry.. Oh and then it dawned. A terror plot. Why attack us, when you can send us all insane, working, playing, watching movies, etc, with subliminal things.. we will attack each other, we will be our own demise..

I pulled the fan apart. but it didnt stop, I heard it now in the motor of my pedestal fan. "MY GOD!! They are got us in every way possible" I thought, so I pulled that apart. Every time I'd stop it, it would stop. start the fan, I could hear it whirring up.

Done.. but why can I still hear it? I stick my head out the window, and from across the street, I heard it loud and clear. the house across the road as somehow sending the evil data into our motors.. I went out side and for 5 minutes I heard it as clear as day. from an empty house. And suddenly, I hear behind me, my dog, her claws skipping on the pavement, and I turn around, I hear from my old mother, "You are are a bloody weirdo arent you." to which I reply "What?" in confusion.. and they walk back inside.

I follow, but when I get inside, the dog is fast asleep at the closed door of the living room, it would take more than me walking in to wake her.

And my brain flipped.....

"I'VE GONE FRIGGEN NUTS" -- no one had been behind me, there was no terrorist conspiracy, there were no musical fans.

it took days to stop hearing the musing in everything, so much I had to put music on to even drown it out, but I did stop posting on the internet about these devices....

moral of the story is, Thanks ZOLOFT...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

you cannot think yourself out of a psychotic break

So before modern psychiatry existed, everyone having a psychotic break was doomed to suffer it their whole life. Gotcha.

originally posted by: TechniXcalityso if you seem someone going through this do not leave them, do not try to "shake them out of it"

I've never suggested anything like that, I have no idea why you think I did. Maybe because all this reminds you of your personal experience?

Also how can you know the husband isn't going to try to bring her to the hospital? You are just assuming.

Let me ask you this again; her only wrongdoing was to talk about this stupid Mandela effect to her family (and obsessing over it). Do you think anyone talking about this theory (or any other fringe one) on here and showing signs of obsession about it should be brought to an hospital?

Because that's a whole lot of people if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I do believe many people here need help. My whole point is that sometimes I believe many of these case could be avoided if a more critical stance was strongly encouraged on conspiracy sites. ATS is still one of the most critical though.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

It's funny that you shun hubris whilst touting your own accomplishment

It's exactly what I did. I wear my own descent into self-delusion as a badge of honor. I can't wait for the next time when I'll be allowed to say that I'm a crazy person.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

In cases that were not brought on by substances (those often can self resolve, but not by thinking your way out of it lmao, but by the chemical balance in your brain restoring to normal) people who had psychosis and other disorders were often screwed and lobotomized and ostracized Ect, yes before modern psychology it really was a bleak hope if afflicted.

As for the rest, the woman is clearly having an episode she needs to be evaluated, being put into a hospital is not a punishment, losing your loved ones and living in a hoarding mess while you lose your mind is a punishment, the fact you can't see this is beyond me, you really don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

As for the rest, the woman is clearly having an episode she needs to be evaluated, being put into a hospital is not a punishment, losing your loved ones and living in a hoarding mess while you lose your mind is a punishment, the fact you can't see this is beyond me, you really don't know what you are talking about.

I have no idea what it's like to spend 1 week alone during a psychotic break without any support because my family was on vacation and I was too ashamed of loosing my mind and afraid of the social stigma to even seek help from a friend.

Oh wait, I do.

For the last time, that women needs help and I hope her family will bring her to the hospital ASAP.

And I sincerely hope anyone reading this currently obsessing over the Mandela Effect or any other theory actually will seriously reconsider where they are headed to, and it might be time to stop obsessing and humbly seek help from a profesionnal. That's like my only message here (read my initial posts) and I have no idea why you reacted so strongly to that.

I don't care what happened to me eventually, what I wanted to share was what are the warning signs you should pay attention to beforehand because yes, I believe it's possible to identify them through critical self-examination.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

a reply to: TechniXcality

Guys, psychosis is just one facet of mental illness and although I believe professional help should be sought it does not mean it cannot be resolved by self-medication. The biggest step is realizing you have a problem. Delusion and hallucinations are probably the more difficult to deal with in terms of mental health as it could be an imbalance of chemicals or it could be caused by a physical ailment. It is wise to go the professional route.

That being said I wouldn't be in haste to say it cannot be self-healed. If illicet substance abuse or any substance abuse for that matter is the cause of said issues, knowing this and the issue could be solved without professional help. I personally have never heard of a case of someone going bat # crazy over night, it is usually a build up of other symtoms creating the foundations for your delusions and such gain a stronger foothold in your mind. Combat the symtoms and you may regain balance in your mind.

From personal experience.... I did not know depression could manifest itself physically as I have come to experience the last 6 month or so, now and then I do take pain-killers but I'd be a fool to treat only the physical, in fact I rarely do. The mental illness the root cause of the ailments is where I must medicate. The realization of this helps immensely. I guess what I mean is is mental illness can be a self-destructive circle and realization IS a huge part of combating it, in my case with understanding it is totally acceptable that I can self-medicate (not meaning drugs) and place myself into anpther catagory of nprmalness...

It's worth noting I could potentially make things worse without taking the right steps.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
As someone who suffers from psychosis episodes, this made me sad. I feel like she believes everything she's saying whole heartedly, and that's what makes me sad... I wish her the best, I hope she finds some help that works for her and balances her mental out, and I hope her marriage can be saved. If not.......

Condolences.

-Alee
edit on 6/21/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
I personally have never heard of a case of someone going bat # crazy over night, it is usually a build up of other symtoms creating the foundations for your delusions and such gain a stronger foothold in your mind.

Thank you, it was exactly what I was trying to say. And sometimes there isn't even a mental illness behind it. Sometimes it's in response to a traumatic experience, sometimes it's a build up of always stronger delusions.

The important thing is that by keeping a very critical mind (so this should be really encouraged, not attacked as "being a shill" or things like that like you can sometimes read it here) you can realize the process that is taking place in your mind and you can try to stop and deconstruct it.

And yes sometimes it's too late or has clinical causes and then medical help is crucial but it's not always the case. Many people on ATS have strong beliefs about things and despite being explained and proven where their reasoning is incorrect, they refuse to accept it.

Because let's face it; everyone hates to admit to being wrong.

The mind will try and do everything to rationalize previous choices and beliefs, even when they are obviously wrong. That's how the self-delusion usually starts.

You are correct, many have at different moments had a choice to continue into our to step out of the self-destructive path.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It's too bad she doesn't know it isn't real and is just her own memory.

What a way to lose your loved one -- over a (very poorly) made up conspiracy theory.

I suppose you ME nutjobs should feel bad for perpetuating this nonsense which has led to many weak-minded people falling for it. But you wouldn't remember it, no doubt.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Oh, it would be tough, there's no doubt of that.

It does take a special kind of strength to live, and love, in that situation. But I can't help but feel her situation might be better if he was there...

But you are right, without being in the know, it's wrong of us (me) to judge.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I can't help but notice the OP has not returned to this thread. I think it's a positive thing when the ATS community bands together to quash obviously inane and insane "theories", and hope we continue to combat the gradual spread of the Mandela nonsense in the future. Particularly now, perhaps, that we see that allowing delusions of this nature to go unabated can take a real toll on people, apart from mild anonymous ridicule.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join