It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is space and the universe real?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Yo mama!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Explain the Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment Mr. The Earth Is Flat and We've Never Been To The Moon.

The first successful tests were carried out in 1962 when a team from theMassachusetts Institute of Technologysucceeded in observing laser pulses reflected from moon's surface using a laser with a millisecond pulse length.[2]Similar measurements were obtained later the same year by a Soviet team at the Crimean Astrophysical Observatoryusing a Q-switched ruby laser.[3] Greater accuracy was achieved following the installation of a retroreflector array on July 21, 1969, by the crew of Apollo 11, and two more retroreflector arrays left by the Apollo 14 and Apollo 15 missions have also contributed to the experiment. Successful lunar laser range measurements to the retroreflectors were first reported by the 3.1 m telescope at Lick Observatory, Air Force Cambridge Research LaboratoriesLunar Ranging Observatory in Arizona, the Pic du Midi Observatory in France, the Tokyo Astronomical Observatory, and McDonald Observatory in Texas.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
lavatrance

Yo mama!

Would verbally eviscerate you and enjoy a feast of lavatrance tears.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Its a 50/50 as to which is more real flat earth or round n space.

I think maybe round with no space

That or it's flat n they just haven't fully explained the distance between locations issue. Which is very plausible.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Interestingly enough: yes, anyone can actually build a rocket, small enough for budget, and big enough to get enough altitude to take pictures and show the curve of the Earth.

And, if you have enough funds (I'd suggest Kickstarter), you can make a cheap enough rocket to reach space, with sensors and cameras to show what the air pressure is (none).

Civilian Space eXploration Team

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Can I go there n see it?

Yes, you can.

Or you can do something kids have done and send up a camera on a balloon.

Also science isn't fact. It's whatever tptb or big corps want us to believe it is.

Ignorance is what you are describing, you can learn about science and prove things for yourself if understand the science behind things or remain ignorant and call everything fake that you don't understand.

It was a scientific fact 60yrs ago that smoking was healthy.

Was it?

What studies were done to prove this fact?

YouTube : flat earth Fake Apollo Fake iss Etc etc. It's been scientifically proven Btw science is just a religion it's not based on facts. A good deal of it is all fake.

your head must be spinning beyond what many could even imagine.

Just reading your contradictory posts is making mine spin.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

Its a 50/50 as to which is more real flat earth or round n space.

I think maybe round with no space

That or it's flat n they just haven't fully explained the distance between locations issue. Which is very plausible.

Uh, wanna try that again? Perhaps in English this time?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I actually have a serious question and I don't want you to feel like I am asking it out of some need to have fun.

I am (and have always been) in love with the idea of Agartha (inner earth). I choose to think that maybe it's possible even though no evidence has been found other than Admiral Byrd's word. It's one conspiracy that I am always drawn to no matter how silly some may find it or how implausible science makes it seem. I REALLY want to believe.

Having said that, I do keep an open mind about many different things but I am having a hard time figuring out why anyone would keep "flat earth" a secret. Space I could understand for a myriad of reasons, but I can think of no good reason that the government would try so hard to hide the fact that the earth was flat if it really was. Why lie and say that it is round if it is not? What do they gain from that do you think? And why has no one ever been to the edge of it?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

To heck with the rocket... one could attach sturdy balloons to a lawn chair, strap on an o2 tank and if lucky, get a glimpse of the round earth and space before expiring.

I guess if really industrious, one could take a Loony Tunes-esque roman candle with them and ride that into the vacuum, wave at the ISS before plunging to their spectacular demise...

But the OP is sorta, kinda right in that the world we experience is at the least a one-off garbled mess no human has ever experienced more than the barest sliver of due to the reliance on an imperfect sense apparatus that likely ignores input from undreamt of sources... but is waaaaaaay more wrong than right, on that huuuge scale of "truth."

eta: and not to discount invisible sentience pulling puppet strings from "elsewhere" which I, and others not as loony, think we've encountered ... so maybe the OP is more in the middle of the truth scale, depending upon his exact meaning... which would likely require a book or three to lay out with any accuracy... and that, coupled with human's inability to sense accurately, and many other likely factor "X"'s , he might actually be more correct than wrong as far as our common understanding of "real," though I suspect he meant more a cardboard and plaster stage with dastardly hidden humans acting as directors, which is pretty unlikely.

edit on 6/22/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance Thanks for replying. I am interested in this line of thinking because I have a good friend with similar beliefs.
I personally find it weird and difficult to wrap my head around a group of elite people in charge of manipulating the masses into making us believe that there is an outer space and to what ends are they doing this?
I would like to know what you think of the ancient cultures having knowledge of the planets and what not, but I guess ancient history could be a lie too by the people controlling us.
It is like some sort of Sci-Fi novel or something.
Are the people manipulating our reality, even people(human beings)? How did they get so much power over the average daily lives of the masses?
I don't necessarily believe this is all going on, but can easily understand questioning reality and I find myself contemplating living and existing in the world is an illusion.
Personally, I believe God is in charge and that there is one creator, (God).

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

They're Actually Just Waiting For You To Salute The Sun When It's Shining... Then The Moon When It's Full.... Then The North Star When You See It... And Lastly... To Salute The Twelve Zodiac Constellations. Give Thanks And Salute. I Do... In Secret. Or Else... I'm A Heretic.

Also.... Space Is Real. And So Is The Universe. And So Are You. Give Thanks.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

It doesn't work like that. If I create a sheraid, on someone elses dime, I have to eventually prove that what I'm doing is real. The ISS and moon landings etc etc, are that sheraid.

When are they going to prove it's real. CGI DOESNT PROVE IT'S REAL. What floors me is that people think that's evidence enough.

Do you get this??? Like I could create all that CGI on my home computer and I tell you that I have a space station too. See look I have the photos and video. See that proves it right?? No way. They haven't proved jake as far as I'm concerned.

But really when I think about it, in the grand scheme of things, none of it really matters, simply because we'll never be shown any clear proof anyway. And until we do, until we can buy tickets for space tourism then it's a waste even talking about it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

no, people don't lie. Especially when they've stolen 100 billion and now they need a cover story. You can bounce a lazer with no reflector at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

a model rocket. okay 10 dollars at the hobby store

2) a fish eye lense. And how do we know they're in space? explain?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

It doesn't work like that. If I create a sheraid, on someone elses dime, I have to eventually prove that what I'm doing is real. The ISS and moon landings etc etc, are that sheraid.
You mean the things that have been proven real a million times?

When are they going to prove it's real. CGI DOESNT PROVE IT'S REAL. What floors me is that people think that's evidence enough.
You say it's CGI. Prove it's fake and CGI. Otherwise you're just talking rubbish.

Do you get this??? Like I could create all that CGI on my home computer and I tell you that I have a space station too. See look I have the photos and video. See that proves it right?? No way. They haven't proved jake as far as I'm concerned.
I don't care if it proves it to you or not. Just because you don't accept something, doesn't mean it's not real.

But really when I think about it, in the grand scheme of things, none of it really matters, simply because we'll never be shown any clear proof anyway. And until we do, until we can buy tickets for space tourism then it's a waste even talking about it.
You mean like you can now? Yep, that's right. You can buy a trip into space.

When are you ever going to offer any proof of your claims? You have failed to do so EVERY time.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

a model rocket. okay 10 dollars at the hobby store

2) a fish eye lense. And how do we know they're in space? explain?

A fish eye lense will cause a bit of a curve. Not make a plate into a globe LOL.

Your arguments are getting more and more rediculous.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Are the oceans deep? Has anyone even been there? How could anyone prove the oceans are deep?

I'm curious as to your answers.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

If I create a sheraid, on someone elses dime, I have to eventually prove that what I'm doing is real. The ISS and moon landings etc etc, are that sheraid.

What is a 'sheraid'?

I have googled it and nothing but names of people come up.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

Are the oceans deep? Has anyone even been there?

Yes.

James Cameron movie director of films like Avatar, Titanic, etc.

How could anyone prove the oceans are deep?

videos and whatnot would be CGI according to OPs logic, I guess OP would have to be lucky enough to do things themselves to actually believe... space, a deep ocean or what not are real.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Why?

Because humans are the apex predators on this planet, and will soon have finished killing nature.

So the last phase with apex predators is that they start to predate themselves.

People feel powerless and increasingly victimized.

I can understand the tendency to fantasy escapism.

Now of course, we may indeed be in a simulation, etc. That hypothesis is worth testing,
if indeed it can be successfully tested.

Kev

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join