It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is space and the universe real?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
all people do is joke around in here. No serious discussion anymore. I'm not gonna stick around

Very ironic comment from the author of such threads as 'would you live in a van' 'would you live in the woods' and 'would you live in a bunker'

edit on 21/6/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Yes, it's real. Hundreds of years of science and philosophy show that.

Hundreds of years of programming by TPTB have convinced the majority of the global population that those in power care about our health, safety and prosperity. Does that make it true?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

originally posted by: daaskapital

Does that make it true?

No it does not make anything you said prior to asking the question, true. In fact I think everything you said is completely false, and that you are living in an otherwise cruel world and these notions have some self serving purpose to them.
edit on 21-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
No it does not make anything you said prior to asking the questio, true. In fact I think everything you said is completely false, and that you are living in an otherwise cruel world and these notions have some self serving purpose to them.

I take it then, that you believe those serving in positions of power have had our best interest at heart when it comes to doing what is best for our overall health, security and prosperity?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Do we as parents, brothers, and sisters, husbands,and wives, and as children, have the best interests at heart towards those we love? - mostly! we are talking about people here! no matter how high up the ladder they are people, and if you see them any different, it is because you are coming from a position of weakness, it says more about you than it does anyone else.

Once I was really down on my luck and looking off towards the Dallas skyline from the south side, and I noticed the sky scrapers lined up in a such a way that it appeared they were giving me the middle finger were they? It's a matter of perspective. So my answer is like all of our society (and yes we do have bad apples) generally yes they do look out for our interests.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Hmm, you are turning my criticism of the Elite into criticism of normal everyday people for some reason, I wonder why you would choose to do so? It's more a sign of weakness to misconstrue and attempt to derail somebody else's views than it is to question the motives of those in power.

And out of curiosity, what are your views on Radical Muslims again? Are they not just people too?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

"The elite" within western society share the same values as you and I, what huge ideological difference do they have? Please do explain.

My views on radical Islam have absolutely nothing to do with this conversation and that's a far out comparison.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

But are science and philosophy real?

Science was once an observational discipline - apples falling from trees.

But now a days it is hard to tell science, philosophy and metsphysics apart. So much theory and abstract thinking.
edit on 21-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: added quote

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

"The elite" within western society share the same values as you and I, what huge ideological difference do they have? Please do explain.

Ok, now I see you are arguing from a position of ignorance on the topic of globalisation. When people refer to the Elite or TPTB, they are not talking exclusively about those in power in "Western society." The Elite span throughout the world and share a common ideology and agenda which is not bound by race, religion or ethnicity. The West has merely been used as a tool to promote their agenda and fulfil their goals.

My views on radical Islam have absolutely nothing to do with this conversation and that's a far out comparison.

Well my views before had nothing to do with ordinary people (the 99%), yet you brought them into the conversation for some reason.

You should really do some research into this subject, because your nativity on the topic and trust in the Elite will likely lead to your downfall.

edit on 21/6/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

No, your nativity on the subject and smug pretentious stance will have you doing This # and in a hospital with the quickness, I know your viewpoint inside and out (been on ATS for a while) I think it's ridiculous and impractical, it simply is just not how the world works.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
lavatrance

Did OP take his toys (what few he showed us anyway...) and go home to play alone?

Seriously though... lavatrance, you have got to start putting more effort into your OPs man. What you are getting at has been discussed ad nauseum here and it is a veritable labyrinth of philosophical oobliettes.

So, which philosophies do you wish to discuss? Personally I like the holographic principle

The holographic principle is a property of string theories and a supposed property of quantum gravity that states that the description of a volume ofspace can be thought of as encoded on a lower-dimensional boundary to the region—preferably a light-like boundary like a gravitational horizon. First proposed by Gerard 't Hooft, it was given a precise string-theory interpretation by Leonard Susskind[1]who combined his ideas with previous ones of 't Hooft and Charles Thorn.[1][2]As pointed out by Raphael Bousso,[3]Thorn observed in 1978 that string theory admits a lower-dimensional description in which gravity emerges from it in what would now be called a holographic way.

I'm actually quite the fan of one Michael Talbot whom wrote a book entitled The Holographic Universe

Michael Coleman Talbot (September 29, 1953 – May 27, 1992)[1] was an American author of several books highlighting parallels between ancient mysticism and quantum mechanics, and espousing a theoretical model ofreality that suggests the physicaluniverse is akin to a hologram based on the research and conclusions of David Bohm and Karl H. Pribram.[2] According to Talbot ESP, telepathy, and otherparanormal phenomena are a product of this holographic model of reality.[3]

In my opinion this is the closest to the truth (as it were) that man has ever come. Is it true? I honestly don't know. Can't know, in fact, unril "I" die and maybe not even then. Is the universe a hologram? I opine that yes, it likely is. Does that refute our experiences and static existence? Absolutely not. Everything we assimilate into our consciousness is 100% real in the truest possible sense of the word. Which isn't saying much. Entropy is a hell of a thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Elite this
secret government that

In 25,000 years what will it matter...
All these groups and their agendas
are really just short term-ism

Show me a secret elite
who have thought 100,000 years into
the future and see that oppression of the masses
only leads too cyclical civilisation

and i'l give you an apple from the 3rd tree

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

No, your nativity on the subject and smug pretentious stance will have you doing This # and in a hospital with the quickness, I know your viewpoint inside and out (been on ATS for a while) I think it's ridiculous and impractical, it simply is just not how the world works.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I very much doubt you know my "viewpoint inside and out" as you claim. Since you seem rather well versed in how the world doesn't work, maybe you can enlighten us all on how the world really does work?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

It's a convoluted mess, with many different interests constantly in conflict, with no ability for some great all powerful hand (or elite) to control all the pieces for desired outcomes, and to suggest such a thing is to claim magic, which I also think is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

incompetence perceived as an intentional plan ?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Yes mate, the stars are real okay...jeez. About as real as Winnie the Pooh!

Is space real?

Not sure what you mean here? I'll answer this way, it looks to me like there is 'space' between 'objects'.

Is the universe real?

Not sure what you mean here? I'll answer this way, the one-verse is real as far as you can see, and exists no more outside that realm.

Of course, someone will drop in and cite the hst as 'proof' of the ___verse. Look at these beautiful 'images' of deep space. Um, yeah, ok....

Hubble = Sofia.

The is no Hubble space telescope orbiting Earth.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
all people do is joke around in here. No serious discussion anymore. I'm not gonna stick around

Please, do us all a favour.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: leastofthese

" The is no Hubble space telescope orbiting Earth "

On ATS without any evidence of this claim...
Good luck

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

It's a convoluted mess, with many different interests constantly in conflict, with no ability for some great all powerful hand (or elite) to control all the pieces for desired outcomes, and to suggest such a thing is to claim magic, which I also think is ridiculous.

Does chaos stem from order, or does order stem from chaos?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
yes, it is ..
real

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join