It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is space and the universe real?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Is space and the universe real or is it all just a big psy-op? I sometimes tend to think we're not being told the whole story

edit on 21-6-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

MPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Wed Jun 22 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
all people do is joke around in here. No serious discussion anymore. I'm not gonna stick around

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance Hopefully we are not living in a Truman Show of sorts and when I look up into the sky at night the twinkling stars are real... and vast... there is something peaceful about the night sky and contemplating it's majesty.
I'm curious as to what makes you question the reality of the universe... something strange happen?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
Is space and the universe real or is it all just a big psy-op?
Real.

I sometimes tend to think we're not being told the whole story
You've probably not. Unless you've been told the McDonalds secret sauce recipe?

link   

all people do is joke around in here. No serious discussion anymore. I'm not gonna stick around
Hey! I just posted a serious post
and asked a real question with no humor involved!
Hope you don't go away!

link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: lavatrance Hopefully we are not living in a Truman Show of sorts and when I look up into the sky at night the twinkling stars are real... and vast... there is something peaceful about the night sky and contemplating it's majesty.
I'm curious as to what makes you question the reality of the universe... something strange happen?

I am trying to post but I do not know how. How do I make a thread I have some weird things going on I'd like to share

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ToxicRocker Hi there, first you can post reply's five times... say the secret words and spin in a circle clockwise three times... just kidding welcome to ATS!
Post five reply's in various threads and then go to the introductions forum and you can start a thread there by introducing yourself and then you can start threads in most of the forums.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ToxicRocker

You must post five times before you can make a thread, so comment in four other threads and then you goto forums and you pick the appropriate forum and you will see a new topic button after clicking the appropriate forum press new topic and start writing, it used to be twenty posts but they changed it to five so four more posts to go and you are good.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ToxicRocker

Go to the forums, choose the sub-forum you think fits best, on the right is a button with a plus sign, new topic.

Aren't we a cute help full bunch?

edit on 21-6-2016 by Peeple because: Others already answered

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Seriously? You make a thread (like almost all of your threads) not respecting the content limit, which asks you to post a certain amount, and yet you still post below that, and then the subject is a vague and heavily trafficked philosophical concept, that spans from Plato's allegory of the cave, to the brain in a vat thought experiment, Ect. It's just that I think you are taking ATS for a ride with this content, and that it's intentionally silly, and so I respond in kind, btw notice threads that are not silly and that respect the content limit, we all happily engage and often have very deep and meaningful conversations.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Seriously? You make a thread (like almost all of your threads) not respecting the content limit, which asks you to post a certain amount, and yet you still post below that, and then the subject is a vague and heavily trafficked philosophical concept, that spans from Plato's allegory of the cave, to the brain in a vat thought experiment, Ect. It's just that I think you are taking ATS for a ride with this content, and that it's intentionally silly, and so I respond in kind, btw notice threads that are not silly and that respect the content limit, we all happily engage and often have very deep and meaningful conversations.
Brutally honest but I do have to agree.
We need more content from you Lavatrance!
I feel like I've got two pieces of bread... but no sandwich and I know you have posted more substantially before.
All I would like to know is... what makes you feel the universe is not real?.. that's just me though and I hope you keep posting, Lavatrance.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yes, it's real. Hundreds of years of science and philosophy show that.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I think this has more to do with your OP than anything else.
People have told you time and time again that more substance would be appreciated in your posts rather than a single question, and you refuse to do so.

I'm not sure about everyone else (actually, I AM sure. Because it's been mentioned before!), but I, as a lurker, find your posts terribly lacking and definitely worthy of the "lolz" that get thrust upon you.

Is space and the universe real?

With my limited, non-scientific, rather "layman" knowledge, I believe that space and the universe IS real. I have no personal proof or claims to back up my beliefs, so, I'll stop there.

edit on 21 6 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Well its hard to take a two liner OP with no links at any other material seriously. This isn't twitter or Facebook. If you want serious discussion, write a serious thread. I'm not saying your not sincere, just not very serious. Try committing a little more time, thought and substance and the thread just might blossom into a beautiful discussion.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

100%

Many threads authored by Lavatrance lack substance. Not all, but a decent amount. A good example is his previous one on Anonymous. He asked if it was just a controlled opposition, citing a Youtube video - yet he never shared that video. It's good to discuss things, but it is difficult when there isn't much to talk about.

Lavatrance, don't take this as criticism, but if you put more effort into some of these posts, people will tend to put more effort into their responses. We're all hear to learn and discuss interesting topics, and small ones like this don't contribute much to the site.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Nothing is real, space is full of nothing, something is also real, space is full of something

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Why do people keep questioning reality lately? Seems pretty damned real to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You are entitled to your opinion. But you know what Descartes said (more or less); "I think therefore I am."

Take it a step further, "I think not..."

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Night Star

You are entitled to your opinion. But you know what Descartes said (more or less); "I think therefore I am."

Take it a step further, "I think not..."

You're going to get philosophical at this hour when I haven' slept yet? The world is still real. It's real I tell you! Says the elf.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join