It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And today children, we're at DefCon 3....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

originally posted by: caterpillage

a reply to: Phage

Yep...

www.snopes.com...

Whew! thanks! its nothing everybody go back to watching the kardashians.

Who are the kardashians..?

You should see dat ass....

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well, I don't think the source is good but I also do not think Snopes is a reliable source either. I guess we won't know what is going on till bombs start dropping

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: caterpillage

Yep...

www.snopes.com...

Whew! thanks! its nothing everybody go back to watching the kardashians.

*shrug* thought that was kind of a no duh it was entertainment.

Depending on who you ask, anything could be considered entertainment though.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Clickbait, as in, something I did to attempt to somehow fool people? Or do something wrong?

I saw the exact same thing. I saw where it said that it was not affiliated with the US Miliatary or Gov't.

I also search for more information, and did not come up with anything more concrete.

So, do you have any information? Did you drive past the front gate of a base today?

Or are you merely being your normal "someonepissedinmywheaties" self, Phage?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, I don't think the source is good but I also do not think Snopes is a reliable source either. I guess we won't know what is going on till bombs start dropping

I think if bombs were dropping, and it didn't fit the agenda snopes agrees with, they would say the bombs were just a figment of our overactive imaginations.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thanks for the info.

Leave no stone unturned.

Disregarding info because of what snopes says without any independent verification shows a lack of critical thinking. Never disregard info without looking into it rregardless

Nownow, OneQuestion.... you and I both know that the pious gene-pool that makes up the majority of ATS are never wrong!

If someone mentions clickbait...if someone mentions "not credible"....then, the jig is up! The OP must certainly be a shill, or a troll, or *CLEARLY* one of the unwashed masses who suckle at the teat of MSM.

Don't you forget that! We....for being open minded...for looking at things with a sense of balance.... we are the ingorant heathens.

We are the fools.

And don't you forget that!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The public should make their own evaluations and not rely on the DEFCON Warning System for any strategic planning

Wow, some actual truth on the internet.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The site itself says

Our level is not indicative of the United States’ Defence Condition

And bases do not post DEFCONs the post THREATCON or today they are called FPCONs and they relate to terror threats against bases. And the US DEFCON is by region, unit, branch, command etc. Their is no global or national DEFCON. It can be different based upon, location, type of Command or branch of service. And lastly DEFCON is not so much a status as it is an order for force readiness.

For example parts of the US Military were at DEFCON 3, while STATCOM was at DEFCON 2 during the Cuban missile crisis.
edit on 20-6-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillageI thought NATO threatened Russia today with war if they did an attack on the net

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Just came from there had never heard of it,looks like a liberal disinfo site

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Do you ever just pick up a book to read it? To take the information in and chew it over?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Clickbait, as in, something I did to attempt to somehow fool people? Or do something wrong?
Clickbait, as in a website designed for no other purpose than to accumulate clicks for advertising revenue.

I saw the exact same thing. I saw where it said that it was not affiliated with the US Miliatary or Gov't.
Oh, that's good. You didn't mention that. It's sort of pertinent though, don't you think?

I also search for more information, and did not come up with anything more concrete.
Oh, that's good. You didn't mention that. Maybe noting that this was nothing but rumor would have been prudent.

So, do you have any information? Did you drive past the front gate of a base today?
No.

Or are you merely being your normal "someonepissedinmywheaties" self, Phage?
Normal self, though that would not be my specific characterization. Maybe you're being distracted by my avatar.

edit on 6/20/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Do you ever just pick up a book to read it? To take the information in and chew it over?

I have a room in my home filled with the books I have read. I also have real world experience.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Tune into
8992 khz USB or 11175,or 6737 If you hear a message containing three or four times the word skyking ....worry.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Since I am a NEWB
at this DEFCON stuff , can anyone tell me when the DEFCON level went from it normal 3 down to 5 ?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Because the website is not official US military the usual sceptics have automatically poo-pooed it, it has gone to its own level three it has only done this 4 times the last time was 9-11 you can confirm for yourself massive NATO and Russian exersises and at the moment at significant tensions- both B52's and Doomsday planes were in the air today,there are websites which show you were they are, the message is tensions are higher than usual,the consolation prize is the world had this daily for 40 years and nothing happened.
edit on 20-6-2016 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum
I was being extremely facetious . I know. In fact , I probably was there the few times it went to DEFCON 2 . And I full well know what Level 3 "Roundhouse" means

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Gothmog

Because the website is not official US military the usual sceptics have automatically poo-pooed it, it has gone to its own level three it has only done this 4 times the last time was 9-11 you can confirm for yourself massive NATO and Russian exersises and at the moment at significant tensions- both B52's and Doomsday planes were in the air today,there are websites which show you were they are, the message is tensions are higher than usual,the consolation prize is the world had this daily for 40 years and nothing happened.

The only current NATO exercise is an anti sub exercise in the Norwegian Sea. The others have already ended.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Technically Anaconda ended today I wonder how the Pentagon would respond to a 24 country coalition of 31000 troops,thousands of vehicles,105 airplanes and 12 warships conducting an excersise just south of San Diego?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I wonder how the Pentagon would respond to a 24 country coalition of 31000 troops,thousands of vehicles,105 airplanes and 12 warships conducting an excersise just south of San Diego?

As long as it was planned and announced in advance, and if Mexico was ok with it. Probably not a lot of reaction.

Why? Is Russia going to do that? I must have missed the announcement.

edit on 6/20/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join