It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sam Harris adds moral clarity to the attack in Orlando and Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So why are you against invading Mexico? They're more of a threat because they're right next to us as opposed to halfway across the world.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon
nice try,
this year so far.... their dirty work is still in progress.

Afghanistan January 1, 2016 – A Taliban suicide bomber detonated himself in a French restaurant called 'Le Jardin' in Kabul. 2 dead 15 injured.[204]
India January 2, 2016 – In the 2016 Pathankot attack suspected Jaish-e-Mohammed militants attacked an Indian air base killing 7 security force members. Several injured.[205]
Iraq January 3, 2016 – Five Islamist suicide bombers attack an Iraqi military base. 15 dead and 22 injured.[206]
Afghanistan January 4, 2016 – A Militant drove a truck packed with explosives to the armored gates of a compound for civilian contractors near Kabul's airport before detonating. 30 people injured, including children.[207]
Libya January 7, 2016 – In the Zliten truck bombing Islamist militants detonated a truck bomb at the police training camp al-Jahfal in the coastal town of Zliten, Libya. 50+ dead 100+ wounded.[208]
France January 7, 2016 – In the January 2016 Paris police station attack an Islamist from Morocco wearing a fake explosive belt attacked police officers with a meat cleaver. He was shot dead.[209]
Libya January 7, 2016 – A car bombing at a checkpoint in the Libyan oil port of Ras Lanuf left seven people dead and 11 wounded.[210]
Egypt January 8, 2016 – In the 2016 Hurghada attack two militants armed with a melee weapon and a signal flare stormed the Bella Vista Hotel. 3 injured.[211]
France January 11, 2016 – A 15-year old Turkish ISIL supporter attacked a teacher from a Jewish school in Marseille with a machete. 1 injured.[212]
Iraq January 11, 2016 – ISIL gunmen detonate suicide vests in a shopping mall, killing at least 20 and wounding more than 40 people.[213]
Turkey January 12, 2016 – In the 2016 Istanbul bombing an ISIL suicide bomber kills 10 tourists and injures 15 more in the historical centre of Istanbul.[214]
Indonesia January 14, 2016 – In the 2016 Jakarta attacks 4 assailants kill 2 and injure 24 in a terrorist attack in Jakarta. The attack was orchestrated and financed from ISIL in Syria.[215]
Somalia January 15, 2016 – In the El Adde attack, Al-Shabaab terrorists attack a African Union Kenyan army base in El-Adde. 63+ killed, several injured.[216]
Burkina Faso January 15, 2016 – In the 2016 Ouagadougou attack Islamist gunmen armed with heavy weapons attacked the Cappuccino restaurant and the Splendid Hotel in the heart of Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso. 20+ killed. 15+ injured.[217]
Pakistan January 21, 2016 – At least 22 killed in attack on Bacha Khan University, Pakistan. The Taliban claim responsibility for the attack.[218]
Somalia January 22, 2016 – Al-Shabab attack on beachside restaurant leaves 20 dead.[219]
Cameroon January 25, 2016 – Suspected Boko Haram insurgents have blown themselves up in a market in Cameroon, killing at least 25 people and injuring 62 others.[220]
Nigeria January 30, 2016 – Boko Haram gunmen raided a Nigerian village, at least 65 people were killed and 136 others injured.[221]
Ivory Coast March 13, 2016 – In the 2016 Grand-Bassam shootings Al Qaeda gunmen stormed 3 hotels in the beach resort city of Grand-Bassam in the Ivory Coast, leaving 18 people dead.[222]
Iraq March 20, 2016 – In Anbar, Iraq, ISIL suicide bombers kill at least 24 at municipal building[223]
Belgium March 22, 2016 – 2016 Brussels bombings includes two suicide bombings in Brussels Airport and one bombing in Brussels Metro that resulted in 35 deaths and more than 300 wounded.[224]
Yemen March 25, 2016 – Three ISIL suicide bombers strike security checkpoints in the Yemeni city of Aden, killing 26 people.[225][226]
Iraq March 25, 2016 – 30 people killed and 95 injured after a suicide bomber blew himself up at a football stadium in Iskandariya, south of Baghdad. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack.[227][228]
Pakistan March 27, 2016 – The 2016 Lahore suicide bombing targeted Christians who had gathered on Easter in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park. The blast, by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, a Pakistani Taliban faction, killed at least 70 people and injured 300 others.[229][230]
Afghanistan April 19, 2016 – The April 2016 Kabul attack targeted a security team responsible for protecting government VIPs in Kabul, Afghanistan. The attack killed 64 people and wounded 347. It was the Taliban's biggest attack on an urban area since 2001.[231]
Bangladesh April 23, 2016 – Attackers hacked a university professor to death in the city of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack stating that they assassinated him "for calling to atheism in the city of Rajshahi in Bangladesh".[232][233]
Bangladesh April 25, 2016 – Two gays rights activists were hacked to death in the capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka. An Al-Qaeda affiliated group claimed responsibility for the attacks and stated they killed the two as they were "pioneers of practicing [sic] and promoting homosexuality in Bangladesh".[234][235]
Iraq May 11, 2016 – At least 40 people were killed and 60 injured in a car bomb attack on a market in Baghdad. ISIL claims responsibility.[236]
France June 14, 2016 - Two french citizens, a police officer and his wife were stabbed to death in Magnanville, France by a man swearing his allegiance to ISIS

edit on 20-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: angeldoll

So why are you against invading Mexico? They're more of a threat because they're right next to us as opposed to halfway across the world.

My discussion with you seems to have degenerated to silliness.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Mexico needs to clean up it's criminal element.

Do you want us to do it? We can't even clean up the gangs of Chicago.

They are more powerful/influential/payoffs and is why no clean up will occur anytime soon. Chicago samo samo.

The people who could will not. I believe it's not in the plan or they do not care to put in the effort.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

WE aren't Russia WE don't occupy other countries we invade and leave.
In order to FIX Mexico we would HAVE to DESTROY Mexico.
I think it's an EPICLY, wrong headed, BAD idea.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

We have more military bases around the world than any other country, we most certainly do occupy other countries. We've been in the Middle East for 15 years now, we are occupying it as we speak.

And I agree, destroying Mexico is definitely a bad idea, so is invading or occupying it.
edit on 6/20/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: tikbalang

A man who is actually fighting against the racists and bigots, is called the racist and bigot, this is a very strange clown world we have evolved into, quite strange.

Sam Harris, the Islamophobic bigot and racist

I dunno, perhaps because he is?

Loonwatch

Islamophobia is big business

The first two aren't exactly objective sources. They have a bone to pick with anyone who critiques Islam, right or wrong. So Sam Harris is going to be on their radar anyway. Their critique of his stance is weak at best in my opinion.
The third link doesn't mention Harris, that I could find, but is an interesting link nonetheless. I personally do not agree with or support violence against Muslims, but their ideology is not compatible with Western civilization. None of the Abrahamic religions are, but Islam is more likely to use violence than the other two at present.
edit on 6/20/2016 by Klassified because: oops

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sam Harris like Bill Maher are not objective commentators on this issue.

Why? Because both are haters of religion.

They will seek out like pigs seek out slop all the horrible and bad things in religion and paint all the people of that religion with that slop

Their slop merchants

Harris and Maher are intellectual light weights

I'd give 1000 bucks to debate any of them and would devour these light weight intellectual midgets

Harris is Trump with a fake intellectual face

And Maher is Trump with a laughing face

Still ugly bigotry and ignorance behind the facades

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Good one!

I watched that yesterday before I saw your thread.

He makes some great points.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

willtell please go be an idiot somewhere else and not in this thread, thank you
edit on 20-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I'd give 1000 bucks to debate any of them and would devour these light weight intellectual midgets

Would you now? Why don't you e-mail him and make the offer? "Put up or shutup", as the old saying goes.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Would you now? Why don't you e-mail him and make the offer? "Put up or shutup", as the old saying goes.

As soon as you send the 1000 dollars over to them I'll do that...

Knowing those types they accept only cash, btw

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WombRaider69
a reply to: TechniXcality

"Do you think there is a non radical form of Islamism or jihadism, if so then you are confused, would someone speak about the "moderate Nazis", in fact in his video he shows that people did during that time."

Moderate Nazi's? Really?

I certainly believe there is a non radical form of Islam... My muslim neighbour has invited me and my family 2 days ago for dinner. He wanted me to experience how they break their fast. He is the kindest neighbour I've had so far. I don't believe he's practicing a radical form of Islam. 1/5 of the world's population is following a radical form of Islam according to this claim. Oh man, I must be so confused...

What does that 1/5 matter?

It's not stopping any of it, is it?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If you think so them be a man and debate for them rather than hurl insults because you can’t intellectually deal with me

beyond that I'll post when and where I want to
edit on 20-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

If you think so them be a man and debate for them rather than hurl insults because you can’t intellectually deal with me

beyond that Ill post when and where I want to

You mean like -

1. "I'd give 1000 bucks to debate any of them and would devour these light weight intellectual midgets "

2. "Harris is Trump with a fake intellectual face"

3. "And Maher is Trump with a laughing face"

4."Still ugly bigotry and ignorance behind the facades"

almost every part of your last statement was an insult and ad hom against these men, and yet you will cry foul on being asked to be an idiot somewhere else? yes you are behaving like an idiot, and I have pointed out how, and that's fine if you will not move around, just don't expect to get away with it here.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sam Harris objectivity on Islam is like asking the KKK to be objective on black people

Or someone asking a NAZI to judge a Jew

Or a Black Muslim bigot to comment on White people who he thinks is a devil

The guy hates religion thoroughly and has written that he does

So how does he judge all of Islam based on the actions of a few crazy radicals.

Do we judge all of communism based on the actions of Stalin?

Who murdered 10 million people?

Or Mao who murdered millions of people

DO we judge all Mexicans based on the actions of the drug cartel and tell Mexico how to reform their society?

Do we judge all of the American colonials as eternal devils for being their when slavery and the genocide of Native Americans was taking place.

His logic falls on its very face unto his own ignorant bigotry

He hates ALL religion (particularly Christianity and Islam) so how he can advise a civilization that brought his forefathers out of ignorance unto civilized behavior where they no longer burnt people at the stake

If he honestly wants to assist the reform of Islam then he should seek understanding, knowledge and impartiality

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

We have PERMISSION from the GOVERNMENTS accept for Cuba dummy.
LOOK up OCCUPATION and then research SOFA agreements.
I 'm tired of educating people about the REAL world outside their bubbles.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: odzeandennz

You should really research before you post nonsense:

Mexican drug war's innocent victims: 'They tried to kill me with my kids'

Cartels kill innocent people all the time.

Maybe obama shouldn't have given them guns.

That's why a WALL is a good idea.

Until the State Dept declares them terrorist organizations, it will be a police action.

What's Mexico doing about it?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Klassified

As soon as you send the 1000 dollars over to them I'll do that...

Knowing those types they accept only cash, btw

But that isn't what you said...

You said YOU would put up 1000 dollars.

edit on 6/20/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join