It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested man 'wanted to shoot Trump' at rally

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
So the guy who campaigns to torture, murder, deport, ban, silence, and racially profile.... is inspiring violence? Shocker.

Should someone be murdered for saying something?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Nope... just saying... wow, what a surprise.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Well, my point is that some people use that line of thought and to disregard that is to behave foolishly.

People seem to be calling it personal responsibility, when it is moving away from them.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

You should be surprised, unless of course Trump inspires violence in you.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Well, my point is that some people use that line of thought and to disregard that is to behave foolishly.

People seem to be calling it personal responsibility, when it is moving away from them.

Behaving foolishly would be to use that line of thought. To disregard that is foolish.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Should someone be murdered for saying something?

If they should or shouldn't doesn't eliminate the fact that they may be murdered for saying something.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Behaving foolishly would be to use that line of thought. To disregard that is foolish.

Both side can be acting foolishly. So, the world is full of fools. What else is new?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

He wouldn't be murdered for saying something. He would be murdered because someone picked up a gun and shot him to death. There is only one guilty party.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

If some one says something and is murdered, if it can't be because of what they said, then what was the point of your question?

edit on 21-6-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Trust me, I'm shocked. A guy like trump... threatening torture, murder, deportation, banning, racial profiling, a history of encouraging violence against protesters, always insults and disrespect toward his opponents... And now someone wants to shoot him for it? Where's the love?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

If Trump gets assassinated it is because someone shot him, and for no other reason.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Trust me, I'm shocked. A guy like trump... threatening torture, murder, deportation, banning, racial profiling, a history of encouraging violence against protesters, always insults and disrespect toward his opponents... And now someone wants to shoot him for it? Where's the love?

Stack the justifications for Trump's attempted assassination as high as you wish, and with as much sarcasm as you can muster, but it doesn't reveal anything more than a contempt for free speech.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

As a guerrilla group they would be hard to put down.
I was seeking an answer to either verify or deny that.
Why do YOU ask?
edit on 21-6-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Really?

If somebody hears something he says and it angers them and they go get a gun and shoot him it's not because of what he said?

Sure, it's because the person reacted to the words but the words are not the reason for this person being angry?

Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying that the person is rightfully pissed but it is the words that set them off.

I know you like to philosophize and look at things from that POV but here in the real world saying the wrong thing can get you hurt. It might not be morally correct but it happens.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

it doesn't reveal anything more than a contempt for free speech.

Pointing out that others have contempt for free speech does not mean that one has contempt for free speech.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
An illegal immigrant lefty...
As far as I can tell, the left seem to be all about shutting down debate with violence these days.

When he's finished his sentence I don't think he should be allowed back in Britain. Let him be stateless.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

And cognitive behavior therapy try's to teach you personal responsibility, and that the words," s/he made me ____ " are fundamentally false, and that they are a justification, and that no one can make you do anything, or feel anything! Your thought process and core beliefs are responsible for that! So yes, even in the real world psychology is tirelessly working to fix common societal foolish thought processes, and that this isn't only a matter of respecting free speech as LesManthrope has pointed out, this is a matter of personal freedom and autonomy!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Stack the justifications for Trump's attempted assassination as high as you wish, and with as much sarcasm as you can muster, but it doesn't reveal anything more than a contempt for free speech.

Lack of respect, restraint, and maturity can be a dangerous combination when exercising your 2nd Amendment right... 1st Amendment works much the same.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Good to know that someone is working on it. Until they figure it out we are stuck with common societal foolish thought processes but, wouldn't saying the wrong thing to the wrong person also fall into that category?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

to that. There is a world of problems we could fix if everyone would fall on that belief.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join