It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senate Ready to Vote on Gun Bans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ketsuko

The point I am making is they are only emotionally invested in the issue which should not be the basis for law making.

On that we can agree, but you know emotion! It's the new logic.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Snarl

I dunno... due process? You know there's white Christians on that watch list right? This is how we ended up with the Patriot Act. SMFH

ETA: None of these bills will pass by the way.

There's plenty of Due Process to be found down in GITMO. LOL

And, the way we wound up with the Patriot Act is because there was way too much liberalism and political correctness in America.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
As an aside SCOTUS just ruled that States can decide on AWB... the contortions should be fun to watch.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Next up appears to be the GOP bill creating a three day delay for those on the watch lists, which forces the .gov to get a court order to stop the sale. Wanna know who is really playing partisan games with this whole issue? Sit back and watch while the Dems vote against this, even though it would pass if they would back it and even though it is more than we do now.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Any legislation on combatting, uh. . . . you know. . . . . terrorism?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

And, the way we wound up with the Patriot Act is because there was way too much liberalism and political correctness in America.

What?? Is that you lot say when you need to be nasty but can't think of anything witty and on topic? Hurr durr political correctness libtard...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sounds good to me. I'd much rather leave it to the states and my own state legislature than a bunch of asshats from a district halfway across the country who don't know anything about the issue or the people of my state and who don't care to learn.

link   

As an aside SCOTUS just ruled that States can decide on AWB... the contortions should be fun to watch.

The court didn't "rule" anything. They declined to hear the case. There is a difference. It simply means the lower court rulings stand for now, but it does not mean those rulings can't be appealed or heard in the future.

link   

Not exactly accurate, they refused to hear a lower court ruling on the New York and Connecticut stipulations on semi-automatic rifles. There is still a private case working its way up that is being argued differently.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What level above bombing the crap out of countries and water boarding would you like to see? I think we're at max on terrorism.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

OIC... ty.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

What level above bombing the crap out of countries and water boarding would you like to see? I think we're at max on terrorism.

If we're maxed out on terrorism, then new gun laws won't make any difference on it either. So why are we doing this again? It won't prevent terrorism.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

No problemo chica.

link   
Procedural vote....

requiring court order to delay no-fly list gun sales for 72 hours....

Motion Fails

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

At least that one guy who talked for 14 hours did something. I wonder if the media will hate on him for it as much as they did when Cruz filibustered?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Well, considering that all the congress is doing is writing laws to screw with us, I was just curious.

And if we're actually "at our max" and the terrorists are winning, then perhaps we should up our game just a little.

Perhaps harsh language.
Or Obama can maybe draw a red line or something.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I am all for mean tweets.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And there's #2. The Cornyn amendment from the GOP has failed. Currently 52 in favor, 47 against.

I'll admit, I don't know the procedure here. Since it requires 60 votes rather than a simple majority, was this defeated due to some other rule process, or is it because of threat of filibuster?
edit on 20-6-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am all for mean tweets.

Woah!

Back off there Mad Max!

This isn't the apocalypse!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Sorry. Let me take it down a notch to un-friending them on Myspace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join