It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding love on ATS...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
Anyway, I had still meet many girls on the internet experiences.

No, I dont think that the internet is a good place to find love... Maybe sexual relations but not love...

PS :

Both we know that a good pretender would like to learn the tongue of the woman that he is after
[Edited on 20-6-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to learn the language of love. By the way did you have a good Birthday? I sincerely hope so.

Love

Tut

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I disagree.

What is a person?

The thoughts and feelings and spirit that make up that individual.

What gets in the way of learning "that person"?

That physical "ugly (or pretty) bag of mostly water" that envelopes THAT PERSON.

What is the ultimate way for "a person" to reveal his or her true self, without the encumberments of the bag of water???

The written word. The "this is the way I feel and think about this topic" written word. And the beauty of a place like this, is that it is NOT for "mating", but for discussion, for intellectual discussion. So we have this rare, wonderful chance to read each others thoughts and feelings and spirit about topics we feel moved enough to comment on.

What better way to "learn" a person? And if you can fall in love with "that person" (with their mind, and their convictions, and their manner of expression) you are so many strides ahead of those who react to the bag of water, and then struggle to learn the person.

Trust me.

In 1998, on a board very much like this, I fell in love. I was in love for 5 months before I ever met him, and never knew what he looked like (not even a pic). But I was in love with "THAT PERSON". We have been together since 1998. We have been married since 2000. And I would not trade him for the world. He his my best friend...and the day we decided to meet, I knew it wouldn't matter what he looked like, because I knew HIM, and I loved HIM.

SO...I speak from whence I have come.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I happen to know that Valhal speaketh the truth... I am the "him" she wrote about...

I have to say that "Learning" the person FIRST is a wonderful way to fall in love. I think back to the days of long distances and slow transportation when folks had to count on the post to deliver their written words... It took months in most cases to respond...

What utterly fortunate fools we are to have such medium as this...

m...

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I don't know a single word of french. My now well-known line was supposed to say, "Ah, But a true courtier would take the time to learn the language of the woman he is after"... or something like that...

In fact, every one of my 'french' lines was a reply to something said right above it. I 'thought' that all my replies were pretty clever and psuedo-poetic... as it is, the mangled translations that have come back to me sound far better that what i was saying in the first place (as in "...the tongue of his woman..").

All my replies were translated by the computer. I figured that Nans would be able to pick up on that, instantly... so I was not trying to deceive her. I was just having fun starting a 'French language' arms race that would eventually involve every lonely guy on ATS.
Again, I do not know a single word of french, but, in defense of myself, I think that my 'lines' in either language were definitely the best, and that they showed that I was listening to what others (especially nans) had said.

Out of all the nerds here, I'm definitely the sexiest.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Nicely put Valhall and Springer...thats exactly the point I was trying to make some pages ago...before every male with a French fetish chimed in on the post

And congratulations and many blessings in your combined love...thats beautiful...may happiness never be a stranger

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I admire your bravery for posting something so sacred to you for us to read. I think this thread lost it's way somewhere along the lines and you brought it back nicely..although you didn't find love here at ATS, you are living proof that true love can be found anywhere-even on the computer!

I also knew a woman who met a guy online and they've been married for about 8 years, and when you see them together, you know that they are truly meant for eachother and very much inlove.

Love isn't picky about where or when it finds you...
Magestica

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yep...I also know a few people who found their love online, and are still very happily married years later.

In fact, one my flatmates brother recently married his previously 'online' love. As he said in his wedding speech "We fell in love with eachothers mind and soul first, and then to meet physically was merely practicallity and inevitability". They met physically and were an item for about a year before getting married...and their happiness is SOOO apparent it practically glows.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
i found plenty of one night stands on the net, but no love.

sucks, but i keep looking....

lmao , possibly for that french fetish

rowr...

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Ofcourse u can find live on ATS, Just wait for some1 near u to join ATS and jump on them lol!

I've oly met 1 person via the web and they were a mate, she was a really cool girl, but then i slagged her when she got a infection 'down south' and she's never spoke to me again, oh well what can u do lol

Nans y are they're some smelly people from france, we saw some in a pub where i live in Scotland and the guys looked greasy n so did the girls who had big greasy curls, it was prolly just them i hope... yeeek!

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopdopey
Ofcourse u can find live on ATS, Just wait for some1 near u to join ATS and jump on them lol!

I've oly met 1 person via the web and they were a mate, she was a really cool girl, but then i slagged her when she got a infection 'down south' and she's never spoke to me again, oh well what can u do lol

Nans y are they're some smelly people from france, we saw some in a pub where i live in Scotland and the guys looked greasy n so did the girls who had big greasy curls, it was prolly just them i hope... yeeek!

Errr i ahve been waiting for ages and still no luck!

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Go to a night club Drunk, Let ur feet do the talkin lol

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
hehe cant afford it, here in H.K the only women that hang out in a night club a re phillipino hookers

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I love ATS!! LOL

BACK ENGINEERING ANCIENT UFO

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I love ATS!! LOL

BACK ENGINEERING ANCIENT UFO

Well at least someone's found love on ATS!

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I fell in love once and broke my love-o-meter... It doesn't register anymore...

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't believe I've weighed in on this, so I guess I might as well stand up and take a tomato or two:

I think one stands a very good chance of finding their love at a place like this. One has no physical distractions, nothing but the exchange of thoughts. Much can grow out of such a lean atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think one stands a very good chance of finding their love at a place like this. One has no physical distractions, nothing but the exchange of thoughts. Much can grow out of such a lean atmosphere. Posted by Thomas Crowne

Does that explain the numerous tearful emails from you to Sam Adams brewery?

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I really need to brush up on my american beer companies

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Je suis peut �tre �troit d'esprit mais... je ne crois pas qu'il est possible de trouver l'amour en ligne sur internet, pourquoi ? parce que d�s qu'il s'agit de parler de soi m�me, la plupart des gens ont tendances � mentir pour plaire. La plus grande victime d'internet est sans doute la v�rit�.

Mais bon je ne voudrais en aucun cas �tre rabajoie, alors je vous souhaiterai bonne chance.

Ps ( Sa fait du bien de parler fran�ais ! )

I got a question for peoples here who read my post... Is my english very bad ? or just crappy ?

[Edited on 23-6-2003 by Salem]

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
All this French is starting to make me feel like an outcast. I hope Nans doesn't come back around here speaking French. Then I would feel really outcasted and really dumb.

Abraham

[Edited on 23-6-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join