It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Slow Death of the Syria Cease-Fire Brings a Hybrid War With Russia Closer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
A Very good read. And freighting where this might lead us to, America first strike policy agaisnt Russia.

The Slow Death of the Syria Cease-Fire Brings a Hybrid War With Russia Closer

And Damascus? It never believed that the recent cease-fire would be a genuine cessation of hostilities, and many ordinary Syrians now concur with their government, seeing it as just another American ruse. They are urging their government to get on with it — to liberate Aleppo. “Just do it” is the message for the Syrian government that I’ve heard on the streets. A sense of the West being deceitful is exacerbated by reports of American, German, French and possibly Belgian special forces establishing themselves in northern Syria.

All this infringement of Syrian sovereignty does not really seem temporary but rather the opposite: there are shades of Afghanistan, with all the “temporary” NATO bases. In any case, it is no exaggeration to say that skepticism about Western motives is in the air — especially after Ashton Carter, the U.S. defense secretary, raised the possibility of NATO entering the fray.

Lang goes on to note that during the “truce,” “the Turks, presumably with the agreement of the U.S., brought 6,000 men north out of [Syria via the] Turkish border ... They trucked them around, and brought them through Hatay Province in Turkey to be sent back into Aleppo Province and to the city of Aleppo itself.” Reports in Russian media indicate that Nusra jihadists, who have continued to shell Syrian government forces during the “truce,” are being commanded directly by Turkish military advisers. And meanwhile, the U.S. supplied the opposition with about 3,000 tons of weapons during the cease-fire, according to I.H.S. Jane’s, a security research firm.

Some here say is a NATO defense Alliance yet whats happening says otherwise.

The present situation in Syria neither facilitates this bigger objective nor the secondary one of defeating radical jihadism. Rather, it has led to calls in Russia for a less conciliatory approach to the U.S. and for the Kremlin to acknowledge that far from preparing for partnership, NATO is gearing up for a hybrid war against Russia.

America's First Strike Policy Against Russia

All this suggests renewed military escalation this summer. Russian President Vladimir Putin will probably not wish to act before the European summit at the end of June. And neither would he wish Russia to figure largely as an issue in the U.S. presidential election. Yet he cannot ignore the pressures from those within Russia who insist that America is planning a hybrid war for which Russia is unprepared.

The Russia commentator Eric Zuesse encapsulated some of these concerns, writing that “actions speak louder than words.” Earlier this month, he notes, the U.S. refused to discuss with Russia its missile defense program

Zuesse goes on to argue that the U.S. seems to be pursuing a new nuclear strategy, one that was put forward in 2006 in a Foreign Affairs article headlined “The Rise of Nuclear Primacy,” and scrapping the earlier policy of “mutually assured destruction.” The new strategy, Zuesse writes, argues “for a much bolder U.S. strategic policy against Russia, based upon what it argued was America’s technological superiority against Russia’s weaponry — and a possibly limited time-window in which to take advantage of it — before Russia catches up and the opportunity to do so is gone.”

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
According to Alastair Crooke, America seems to be one pushing Russia as it seems to have a first strike policy agaisnt Russia, what is happening near the Russian borders is clear of that and the exercises are just a small part of the bigger picture.

Hunch.
Huge NATO Drills in Poland Prepare West for Possible Conflict With Russia

Russia doesn't want to attack Europe, yet we are being fed with the same lies about Russia as we were during the cold war days, but now it seems America and NATO want to wipe Russia off the map.

Rather focusing on ISIS and other terrorists Russia is the real main focus.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

Well Russia knows how that works as that is what they did in Ukraine...

www.wilsoncenter.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I guess corporations are looking to usurp Russian resources. Looks like Iraq Rev 3.0 is coming. I don't expect this will be a 30 day done deal for the US. If Russia feels a real threat I am quite sure Putin will launch the EMP weapon.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Huge NATO Drills in Poland Prepare West for Possible Conflict With Russia

What do you think the Russians were doing when they had their exercises, also this is very telling and a reason why their neighbors fear them...

Zhirinovsky Threatens the Annihilation of Poland and Baltic States if West Responds to Russian Aggression Against Ukraine

www.interpretermag.com...

And you wonder why NATO countries such as Poland want these drills, oh which btw have been happening yearly for a few years now...it isn't something new.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If there was ever a time Russia 'deserved it' it would have been right at the moment they usurped the Crimea.

If first-strike nukes fly ... goodbye China, North Korea, Pakistan and Iran too.

I won't shed a tear.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

No no no.

Firstly, Crimea was signed away to Ukraine in 1949 by Kruschev, after hundred of years being Russian territory. The place is full of Russian ethnics who genuinely wanted to be part of Russia again.

Most say life is better now that Moscow is in charge.

So call it what you want, but the people wanted and Putin gladly did.

As for the war Putin stirred up in Ukraine, that's another story. It was very naughty and intentions were to send a message to the new government - don't mess with Russia.

If you've ever listened to Putin speak, he is consciously going down a different path to American will. He warned about the dangers of a one world totalitarian government having absolute power.

America naturally hates this idea because it wants to establish a new world order.
edit on 20-6-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
We citizens of our individual nations... have no say in world wars, who annihilates who, or how to suppress warmones (war hormones, new word) into peaceful treaties that could transform relationships and nations currently.

No, we sit and pick a side usually defending our own poison that sucks the living life out of our well being (government reference), as watch our beautiful world go to hell in a hand basket.

Is it worth it? Allowing power hungry men and women with little moral, choose destruction and chaos over peaceful attempts?

I don't think so. The people in charge of such decisions, like the person who gave the OK to TKO Japan in world War 2 with the atom bomb...

Are f#ing bat s# crazy! They are soulless, driving an agenda that serves a few! How do few have so much power and all the resources over an entire species of human beings?

This war, is not worth it. Whatever it TRUELY is about, I don't think we will know, but it's not worth it. It works out, only, to serve an agenda of controlling people, controlling wealth, controlling natural resources, and creating laws and political pushes for said agenda.

But what can we do? We are only 7 billion souls that are helpless and conditioned. Let's just watch one empire destroy the other like a movie and pretend everything is Ok.

Popcorn anyone?

edit on 20-6-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
First, star for your thoughts.

originally posted by: markosity1973
So call it what you want, but the people wanted and Putin gladly did.

Putin had no right. If the 'ethnic' Russians wanted to be part of Mother Russia, maybe they should have moved. And still he presses.

Don't get me wrong, I admire the guy ... and I have nothing against Russians in general.

And that NWO thing ... I think it's origins could be better found in Saudi Arabia or somewhere in Europe.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

That was a refreshing post.

You have a point. People sometimes forget that politics IS bread and circus, anything worth saying is hidden and agreed upon in multi-million dollar houses, away from the rabble, usually in picturesque landscapes where the 'elite' wont be bothered by us mere eaters.

People need to realize we're being played on a global scale. I think people already know this and that's why sadness seems to purvey everything people do these days. People aren't happy, or fulfilled. They're restless and agitated, especially the youth. The agenda has always, and will always be the same - that is to invent an issue that seems enormous (which has no relevance to anything on a global level) and then watch as the rabble pick sides and fight each other over which side of the globalists agenda they'll fall on. The score so far in terms of real influence........

Elites - 20,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Rabble - 3 (have to give them something)
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Okay...

So you would suggest 58.3% of the Crimean population leave?

The people bear no ill feelings towards Ukraine, they just didn't like the direction the government was taking. Nor did the rest of the population - remember when the president fled?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Russia annexed Crimea because ethnic Russians were in danger. At least that's what the Kremlin claims. So far they have yet to provide any evidence supporting this claim. Then there's the fact that Putin has said there were plans to annex Crimea weeks before the referendum. And speaking of the referendum, it was hardly a legitimate vote. There were armed Russian soldiers patrolling the streets. Not to mention that even then Russia had to lie in regard to the actual numbers of the vote.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have seen pictures from Crimea and people there dont seem oppressed at all

If you want believe the same media that lied about Libya and Iraq go right ahead it.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Raven95 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Great article and is proof that Obama is lying to the public.

He placates the liberals by pretending he is for peace and underneath is continuing the war on Syria, starting a new cold war on Russia, and supporting terrorism all to get at Assad without any overt war.

Its also to me clear Obama doesn't run anything and that NATO and its schemes may be the real power in the Western world.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

NATO is the one getting desperate thats they are trying so hard to push to arm the Western Ukrankian militias in the eastern parts of Ukraine.

Poroshenko was never elected but placed into power following the protests. Isn't funny how the media arent no longer talking about Poroshenko offshore scandal?

Still NATO arent idiots i doubt anyone is in favor of starting a nuclear war with Russia or action, whats more as NATO expands more east wards.

They are leaving western Europe wide open.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Putin had no right. If the 'ethnic' Russians wanted to be part of Mother Russia, maybe they should have moved. And still he presses.

Going by your logic are you suggesting that ethnic Serbs and ethnic Christians in Bosnia should leave Bosnia to Serbia and Greece.

I know a majority of people would saying then why dont Americans and Germans leave America to the Natives see where its going eh?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

What do you think the Russians were doing when they had their exercises,

Reaction to the NATO exercises, showing that they are ready should anyone have the stupidest idea of attacking or provoking Russia or her Allies.

If Mexico starts similar exercises near the American borders what you think the American response should be sit and wait it out?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

If first-strike nukes fly ... goodbye China, North Korea, Pakistan and Iran too.

I won't shed a tear.

...but you'll probably end up shedding your skin, with all the fall out.

God, you humans make me sick.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

oh which btw have been happening yearly for a few years now

Yes at the same time for the past few years 2012/2015 The American Proxy war in Syria is not going so great, oh thats right you can add Yemen to the list like the article stated.

Funny American Gulf States allies are letting ISIS expand in Yemen whenever they show up with their military from the recent reports it shows that ISIS has grown another stranglehold.

Even If ISIS losses Syria, Iraq, Libya. Yemen is still theirs. Irnoic.

NATO is not focusing at ISIS at all. In Wars you cant face two wars or two enemies at the time because you will leave your home states vulnerable for future military faction armies to attack you with such grand access.

I can see why Trump wants a militarized zone to the south of America, although he doesn't know how to pronounce that.

Western News Anti Trump Media > "Trump wants the Great wall of China!"

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Poroshenko was elected. The elections were held on May 25, 2014. Between the time Yanukovych fled the country and Poroshenko was elected Arseniy Yatsenyuk served as an interim Prime Minister.
edit on 6/20/2016 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join