It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugees 2016

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SaturnFX

Bigotry is always bad.

I fully believe western culture is better than middle eastern and many far eastern cultures in regards to freedom of expression and other free speech concerns, right to persue happiness

Yet you don't seem to embrace it. How about the freedom to be Muslim?

People can be muslim
I am free to criticize the religion, as I am have been free and vocal about my criticism of christianity. I criticize neoconservatism, progressivism..and all systems of belief..and if I can influence someone to drop their systems in favor of reason..sweet..if not, well, then maybe my occasional influence may be the thing that takes a neutral standpoint and decides to move away from those things..saving someone the pain of a flawed belief system.

a openly homosexual man..he is a bigot for saying living in america is better than living in the middle east..why

That's not bigotry, it's condemning a bigoted system.

Bigotry:
big·ot·ry
ˈbiɡətrē/
noun
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

I am bigoted towards islam, because islam is a inherently intolerant system.
That is the literal definition of bigotry..I am a bigot towards islam.
If you say intolerance towards intolerance is not bigotry, then why are you saying people who are intolerant of islam are bigots?

See the issue in your thinking here?
Islam murders gay people..10 countries on earth execute people found guilty of homosexuality..all islamic. and the rest of islam imprisons gay people..
its a bigoted system
I am intolerant towards that system
I am intolerant therefore of islam
I am a bigot..and in this context, thats a good thing.
understand this.

perhaps we need a new word, as bigot is considered a always negative word toward western sensibilities..but for now, its the only fitting word we have.

I have no problem with peoples belief system (outside of its dumb). its when its used to harm others is when it becomes a issue.

I suggest getting really politically active and start helping overturn our own predatory Middle East policies.

We buy oil from the cheapest buyer. that is simple capitalism. we (west) are indirectly responsible for propping up dictators and this is where I have different views.
propping up the sauds, who are directly funding wahhabist and salafist organizations is bad...we shouldn't be sending them money to attain resources, we should be sending bombs and ousting them from power..there can be almost no worst outcome than what the sauds are doing.
But for the rest of the dictators...the hussains, the quaddafis, etc..they kept the wahhabists at bay and cracked down on islamic fundamentalists..take them out and the inmates run the asylum.
and that is bad for business, and worse for peace
But at the end of the day, its not the customers fault for crappy store policys. you dont blame the person wanting to buy your stuff as to the reason why the managers and clerks are horrible people..the customer will buy the stuff regardless of who is at the register..and they only want the cheapest price possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Peeple

What can be done? What's my opinion?

It breaks out like this:
Syria............Failed State/Civil War
Burundi........Failed State/Civil Unrest over election results
Sudan..........Failed State/Civilians fleeing unrest
Burma..........Failed State/Ethnic cleansing, (slaughter of Muslim minority population)
Central America.......Failed States/Narco Gangs, government corruption.

What's the common denominator?
Failed States.

Solution..........UN needs to declare these as failed states and take these "regions" over by force if necessary, find, and prosecute the evil doers and administer these regions as UN Protectorate Colonies for the period of time necessary to create, develop and install functioning civil governments.

How damned hard is that?

Hard.
Syria, for, can't be taken over by force, by the UN, without ww3 breaking out - Russia is a main ally of theirs.
You're looking at sovereign countries. Failed countries, but still, they have their own sovereignty.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I don't know............I've spent a lot of time thinking about this.
Syria? Yea, I watched Putin talk at length about this. Actually what Putin is talking about doing is pretty smart. He wants to maintain Assad through a reunification period, then he wants to see Syria rebuild its democratic institutions with International assistance that would lead to new elections. He obviously sees this as a 10 year process. If we worked hand in hand with Putin to oust ISIS, with an International coalition, ISIS would be done in 90 days. Then put Syria under UN Protectorate Status with Assad as Colonial Governor of the UN's Syrian "Colony" in exchange for amnesty and a retirement-exit strategy for Assad and his family to the French Riviera. Russia's Syrian Port would be turned over to Russia with a 99 year lease.

Its doable.

As to sovereignty, I think we need a new paradigm, i.e., manage your country above certain basic limits of civilized self-rule, or you forfeit your sovereignty pending reorganization............kinda like Chapter 11.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Regime changes and interventions have worked out so well haven't they?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join