It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugees 2016

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Do you really want to give UN that power. I have a feeling we will have a lot more failed states if that is allowed.

Talk about NWO:s wet dream to control the world thru the UN.

edit on 20-6-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Yes I want to give the UN that authority. There needs be developed a legal definition of what constitutes a "Failed State" and it needs to be implemented. The truth of the matter is that the world is getting far too small for those living in functioning nation states to continue to allow these veritable black holes of poverty, despair, despotism and genocide. Just think of the sheer geographic size of these failed states! Really? We're just going to allow millions of acres of land to be vacated by vicious thugs for their own little empires of fail?

These are Criminal States, not just "failed" states. They need to be ended, the criminals jailed or executed and the "lands" restored to order for more productive uses!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

There's plenty of soldiers, what's lacking is political will and caring to do anything about the situation.

For example, Burundi? A well armed troop of Italian boy scouts could take Burundi in a month!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I heard that they need Do install a proper working financial system

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
You're comparing 1700s civil war with Muskets & cannons to a full blown genocide with bombs, acid, tanks, and fully automatic assault rifles.

If the difference alludes you, you're nothing more than a buffoon.

All sides have arms.
I am one to not suggest the syrian people are so weak and worthless that they cannot do what libya did, so we gotta take them thousands upon thousands of miles away from their homeland, culture, and religion to hang out in camps

I think they have strength and enough pride to stand for themselves.

Oh, and one other point:
Independent reality check, Sweden and Denmark now at african level rape epidemic
Its hard to put into words just how little I give a --- about poor islamic rape gangs wanting sanctuary.

I often wonder if the regressives are demanding Islamic superiority, or that rapists should be forgiven because they are just being silly...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SaturnFX

Staying and fighting sounds like a great option unless planes are dropping bombs on your head. I don't think any amount of hand guns or AR-15's are going to be too effective at standing your ground in that situation.

Then you move to the next country over..and failing that, the country after that.
no reason they have to go all the way to the west..there are hundreds of thousands of square miles they can go before hitting the west that will be just fine for them, and can keep their awesome culture unsullied.

btw, less than 20% of the migrants are refugees..its mostly from other muslim areas seeking out economic milking of the west. turkey, morocco, etc...places with no civil war or anything. consider that. sweden opened the door, said come on in, and now they are on par with african warlord rape statistics, murders daily from migrants, etc.

the islamic theocratic culture does not fit with western culture. I know you are a clever person, I know you know this..you just however are trading in your liberalism for cult style progressive cancer...stop that. stand with science and reason...stand with western ideals over islamic religious theocratic importing...stahp.

islam is not a race..islam is not a skintone, keep reminding yourself of that as you try to defend this religious, political, and cultural ideology.

They can go to neighboring states if its that tough for them.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

you just however are trading in your liberalism for cult style progressive cancer...stop that.

Cancer is cancer and you're being sucked into the centipede.

islam is not a race..islam is not a skintone, keep reminding yourself of that as you try to defend this religious, political, and cultural ideology.

I said nothing about skin tone. Get a hold of yourself.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I said nothing about skin tone. Get a hold of yourself.

No, you didn't, but its one of the most common things being said now when you criticise islam. at this point, I am simply used to people demanding I am racist for finding middle eastern Islamic culture incompatable with western civilization. Perhaps too many twitter and youtube debates is jading me

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

A whole lot of people mean bigotry when they say racism... both are equal in vileness so I personally don't get why people fly off the handle when it's obvious what is meant.

I am simply used to people demanding I am racist

They demand you are racist? Do you comply?

for finding middle eastern Islamic culture incompatable with western civilization.

The only thing incompatible with Western civilization is breaking our laws. Otherwise we are supposed to worship liberty and let people live as they choose. We always seem to find caveats to that though, don't we? I would agree that trying to deny an entire people liberty by claiming they are incompatible would be bigotry.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

A whole lot of people mean bigotry when they say racism... both are equal in vileness so I personally don't get why people fly off the handle when it's obvious what is meant.

I am simply used to people demanding I am racist

They demand you are racist? Do you comply?

for finding middle eastern Islamic culture incompatable with western civilization.

The only thing incompatible with Western civilization is breaking our laws. Otherwise we are supposed to worship liberty and let people live as they choose. We always seem to find caveats to that though, don't we? I would agree that trying to deny an entire people liberty by claiming they are incompatible would be bigotry.

Bigotry isn't always bad. its simply a stance that one thing is better than another. cultural bigotry for instance.
I fully believe western culture is better than middle eastern and many far eastern cultures in regards to freedom of expression and other free speech concerns, right to persue happiness, voting transparency and representation, etc etc.
That is a form of bigotry, and its something most people feel (also known as patriotism I suppose, but more from an objective standpoint).
a consideration
a openly homosexual man..he is a bigot for saying living in america is better than living in the middle east..why? because he likes the ideals of america far better than where he can be executed for being gay. bigotry and cultural phobia has logical roots..so no, not all bigotry is vile..it is often a educated stance and idealistic view...and in the case of the gay man, a survival instinct.

Bad bigotry: foreign cultures are inferior to western culture because they think differently than we do and dont speak english.
Good bigotry: secular nations are better than religious nations because religious nations imprison or execute people for being gay or non religious

racism is always bad (unless alien crab people come here and start eating our children..then I am on board with the anti-crabites) and ridiculous.
however...
I am fine with preferences people have. I cringe when people say someone has a "fever" (jungle, yellow, vanilla, etc) as if its a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Shouldn't they protest their corrupt governments instead of standing in line waiting for the free food delivery?

Tough talk. Also - ignorant

Syria conflict: from peaceful protest to civil war

The movement started as protests calling for more freedom and dignity. The way the government handled the events since those first days drove more and more people to oppose President Bashar al-Assad.

At first, no-one was calling for the regime to fall. Many people had hopes that the young president would respond to their calls and punish those of the security forces who killed innocent civilians.

But the wave of killings and arrests, torture and humiliation targeting people who were not even involved in the demonstrations drove many who steered clear of politics to join the protest movement.
Voices silenced

Today, government shelling has silenced the voices of peaceful protest. Demonstrators are no longer giving roses to soldiers and security men chanting: "One, one, one, the Syrian people are one."

Five years into war, what is left of the country?

The war in Syria has raged for five years and claimed the lives of more than a quarter of a million people. Millions have fled the conflict, but nearly 18 million people still live in the war-torn country — so what is life like for them?

If you don't want to care - don't care. Seems kind of pointless to start a thread about it

edit on 6/20/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

What you quoted was more about somalia.

You might want to think about your generalisation before you accuse others of not caring. Where would Syria get 65million refugees from? They only had 18million citizens, in 2015.
So who's ignorant?

edit on 21-6-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Black_Fox

But if you donate, that's mostly immediate medical help, or food.

But how much gets to the needy children? Bugger all, if anything.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I kind of agree, why don't they stay and fight? It's their home, why do they expect others, strangers to fix it for them?

Likely because others, strangers have ruined it for them.

The West has a bad habit of destroying the most moderate and advanced nations in the Muslim world, as well as the less moderate ones that are the most stable. Libya had the highest quality of life in Africa and we destroyed it because their proposed gold standard threatened our currency; Syria was destabilized by alphabet agencies due to their alliance with Russia and their territory being desirous for oil pipelines; Iraq was invaded to effectively level the Sunni dominance in the region; Iran has been in the crosshairs forever (including economic/technological hits) despite the fact that they have not invaded a foreign nation since the Persian Empire existed.

If we had any sanity we would have allied with them instead of the extremist nations of Egypt, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, et cetera.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

One of the purposes of flooding Muslims into Europe of is to ferment a race or religion based civil war in as a many European countries as possible.

Why would somebody want this and why?

If Europe was taken over and taken down the end picture would be that of a pile of rubble and a pile of broken states. This would make the place a nice juicy target for takeover and the creation of a single state which in turn would make it easier for a particular country to claim the whole place as the traditional homeland of their ancestors.

Why would someone want to change out the white population for some other population?

It’s just too big a job to take down Europe and it would take just too long to achieve this goal any other means. Europe is just too solidified into the huge megastructure it has been for the last 500 years to do it by attrition, revolution or economic warfare. The best way to take over and take down Europe is to swap the populations of Europe with the dozens of different types of non white and non christian populations from nearby middle east and north African countries.

Perhaps those who want this to happen are counting on civil war in one of these countries and that that war would spread to the rest. This would lead to economic decline and ruin most of the states and within a few decades result in an exodus of whites out of Europe.

With Muslims in control of most of Europe the decline of Europe would continue if not accelerate on the basis that Muslim religion, culture and values is more important than good economic management and maintenance of western wealth, lifestyles and culture.

History tells us that in all societies where religion comes first, good economic management often comes a distant second.

The best weapons of war are not always military weapons. Sometimes the best weapons of war are peace and good will initiatives.

Tyranny often masquerades as the protector.

So who might be behind such a plan? Well such a plan for it to be implemented on this scale requires tremendous planning, orgnaising and execution capability and of course money.

Whose got this part of the equation? well, I'm sure you come up with some names if dedicated some time and thought to it.

Whose got the capability to create rubble and broken states?

What very small but very powerful middle eastern country appears to be surrounded by rubble and broken states at the present time. Again, I'm sure if you dedicated some time to think about this you could come up with one or two possible candidates.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Bigotry is always bad.

I fully believe western culture is better than middle eastern and many far eastern cultures in regards to freedom of expression and other free speech concerns, right to persue happiness

Yet you don't seem to embrace it. How about the freedom to be Muslim?

a openly homosexual man..he is a bigot for saying living in america is better than living in the middle east..why

That's not bigotry, it's condemning a bigoted system.

Bad bigotry: foreign cultures are inferior to western culture because they think differently than we do and dont speak english.
Good bigotry: secular nations are better than religious nations because religious nations imprison or execute people for being gay or non religious

What?

Bigotry is defined as intolerance to those who hold different opinions from oneself, not dislike of Theocracies or Dictatorships etc...

Most Middle Eastern people that come to the West don't like those systems either and that's why they left them. With the refugee crisis there will be those who would rather live under Islamic Law but it's too bad for them just like it's too bad for Christians who want to live under Christian Law.

It's entirely possible by the way to say no you can't have religious law here without hating an entire religion. If refugees bother you so much, I suggest getting really politically active and start helping overturn our own predatory Middle East policies.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

What you quoted was more about somalia.

You're wrong. That was one example - people in Syria. It had Syria in the title

You wanted to know why people don't stand up to tyrannical rule. The rest of the millions? You think their situations are dissimilar?

Extrapolate:

3 countries produce half the world’s refugees…

Among countries covered by the Global Trends report several stand out: Syria at 4.9 million, Afghanistan at 2.7 million and Somalia at 1.1 million together accounted for more than half the refugees under UNHCR’s mandate worldwide. Colombia at 6.9 million, Syria at 6.6 million, and Iraq at 4.4 million meanwhile had the largest numbers of internally displaced people. Yemen was the biggest producer of new internal displacement in 2015 – 2.5 million people, or 9 per cent of its population.

Displacement in 2015, by region (from highest to lowest)

1. Middle East and North Africa

Syria’s war remained the world’s leading cause of displacement and associated suffering. By the end of 2015 it had driven at least 4.9 million people into exile as refugees and displaced 6.6 million internally – amounting to around half Syria’s pre-war population. Iraq’s conflict had by year’s end displaced 4.4 million people internally and created more than a quarter of a million refugees. Yemen’s civil war, which began in 2015, had by the end of December displaced 2.5 million people – more new displacement than any other conflict globally. Including the 5.2 million Palestinian refugees under the mandate of UNRWA, the almost half a million Libyans forced to flee their homes and remaining in the country, plus a number of smaller situations, the Middle East and North Africa region accounted for more displacement than any other.

About half the world’s refugees are children

Children constituted 51 per cent of the world’s refugees in 2015 according to the data UNHCR was able to gather (complete demographic data was not available to the report authors). Worryingly, many were separated from their parents or travelling alone. In all there were 98,400 asylum requests from children who were unaccompanied or separated from their families. This is the highest total UNHCR has seen – and a tragic reflection of how global forced displacement is disproportionately affecting young lives.

This is world wide. It's only going to get worse

When voting and peaceful demonstration fails...?

So, where are people supposed to get their weapons and their training? You know - if they want to stand up to these governments? It gets real complicated real fast

Meanwhile - all I see are people trying to rationalize why they don't have to care about this. If you don't want to think about the details, or understand the whys - that's on you

Willfully ignorant

edit on 6/21/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think it is western civilization who can't accept the fact that middle eastern countries do better with dictators.
They don't want democracy. Let them have their dictators. The sooner the better. When they are ready for a change, they will make it.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

You quoted me and what you quoted was more about somalia, you acted like all refugees just come from syria, that's not true and not what I meant.

And honestly it wasn't my country getting involved in ME issues, I am no american, brit, or french. So I see the responsibility with them to fix that mess.
I was asking for solutions, possibilities and all you do is calling me ignorant in a very shallow attempt to profile yourself.

You know everything so what's your solution?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You quoted me and what you quoted was more about somalia, you acted like all refugees just come from syria, that's not true and not what I meant.

You said nothing about Somalia. Nothing. You mentioned kenia - briefly :-)

I was responding to this:

Shouldn't they protest their corrupt governments instead of standing in line waiting for the free food delivery?

I used Syria as an example

2nd post - I suggested that all these situations shared some similarities

You also said:

I know it sounds very cynical and I am. I don't want them to bring their problems and their mentality here.

I'm not picking on you - you represent the thinking of a lot of people these days. You don't want to care - and there is an entire movement dedicated to making sure you don't

And honestly it wasn't my country getting involved in ME issues, I am no american, brit, or french. So I see the responsibility with them to fix that mess.
I was asking for solutions, possibilities and all you do is calling me ignorant in a very shallow attempt to profile yourself.

You know everything so what's your solution?

It was an OP that was trying to make the argument for why you don't want to care about this. You didn't research it - there are reasons why this is happening - willfully ignorant - no matter where you come from. This is ATS - you put it out there. I'm here to participate

I don't know everything - I don't even pretend to know everything, or a fraction of something even. But, I at least know this much. What I don't know, and what I wonder about - I go out and research

The solution doesn't exist now. We're all in too deep. The people of this world are in serious trouble

Of the two choices we have; caring or not caring? I personally believe that if there's any way to make this better - we have to care. That means taking in refugees, education, money...compassion and tolerance

Or - we hang them out to dry for a situation for which we a partly responsible

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join