It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Alternatives to Trump’s Wall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Just looking to have some fun with this.

I heard a suggestion on the radio this morning that made me laugh. Instead of building a wall, we should dig a giant moat and fill it with a s*** ton of alligators. There would be obvious hurdles we would need to address, like preventing boats, canoes, makeshift rafts and pole vaulters from getting across.

How about rotating shifts of drone surveillance fitted with thermal imaging sensors? As one comes back to charge, another is dispatched, creating an invisible "wall" of surveillance. Ironically, while vacationing in Maine, I received a speeding ticket on an empty highway in the middle of nowhere after being tracked by aircraft (bastards), so I don’t see the difference here, lol.

Actually, these are terrible suggestions, but it gave me an idea for a thread. What would be a good alternative be to Trump’s wall? Have fun, be silly and come up with some creative ways to get the job done. Never have we had such a great opportunity to give up some freedom for temporary safety! You never know, Trump may end up endorsing your idea!

Disclaimer: I’m not a Trump supporter, I’m an entertainer of ideals.

edit on 20-6-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Interlocking blade windmills.
Keep out illegals and produce some energy.

Edit to add: The wind will come from the South so Mexico WILL pay for it
edit on 20-6-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Do like the Swedes ? Move Tanks and APCs to the border.
They are for real against illegal immigration.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

A competent Mexican government and a thriving Mexico. In other words, a country people do not want to escape from.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Just enforce the current laws you already have would be a start.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

YES.
That is awesome..

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Genius.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I suggest that you entertain this idea:

The real reason why the refugees are allowed and possibly even caused to be refugees in the first place, is that the West (here and much of Europe) needs more bodies to maintain grown. The birth rate in these countries are declining. In economic sense, that means a need for fewer of everything from food, housing, TVs, roads, etc.

The entire spectrum of modern life is in danger if the population growth in the West falters too much. The solution is fresh, living, using bodies as quick as you can get them into the countries at risk. As every illegal or refugees sets foot into the US, various parts of the economy are further supported above what it was before that foot into American soil.

And that is why all other arguments against immigration are worthless. Even if they come with no money or self-support, the system is set up to provide them with shelter, goods and services regardless and business across the board increases. It is as simple as that.

Since that means the average, working citizen must pay for that form of economic growth, the middleclass is being sucked dry. There is a point of no return as some say that we are now beyond that point and quickly heading for Hell in America.

edit on 20-6-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

bear traps..

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

A competent Mexican government and a thriving Mexico. In other words, a country people do not want to escape from.
my English born Mexican friend said the same thing. He said the country needs the dissatisfied citizens to stay and vote for change

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Interlocking blade windmills.
Keep out illegals and produce some energy.

Edit to add: The wind will come from the South so Mexico WILL pay for it

Mexico's wind, lol.

Trump would try and sell the energy back to them in order to profit twice!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Look who showed up, Mr. Smartypants.

Be gone with your logic!

(seriously, best answer yet)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Lol way to actually "use your creativity" hell if that happens I'm sure Americans would be fleeing the country a reply to: LesMisanthrope

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Please elaborate how an "Illegal" receives any form of support from the government? the simple fact of being "Illegal" means you have basic rights such as public schools. You do know Illegals still pay taxes as most Americans do and never receive a dime back right? you ever seen an Immigrant using health insurance? food stamps? refugees yes for example Cubans they receive all benefits as soon as they set foot. But Central/ South America no you are stuck, you get no help. An no I'm not Illegal I'm American a reply to: Aliensun

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredWreck
Please elaborate how an "Illegal" receives any form of support from the government? the simple fact of being "Illegal" means you have basic rights such as public schools. You do know Illegals still pay taxes as most Americans do and never receive a dime back right? you ever seen an Immigrant using health insurance? food stamps? refugees yes for example Cubans they receive all benefits as soon as they set foot. But Central/ South America no you are stuck, you get no help. An no I'm not Illegal I'm American a reply to: Aliensun

It seems like you live in a dream world where illegals and refugees--which I also mentioned--come here and partake of no services of this country. Surely, you know that not to be true. there is no need "to elaborate." But for example, they use free medical services from the hospital emergency rooms because they have no money and no insurance. Or how about an extreme example? The extra border patrol officers we have to hire in order to keep the influx in some bit or control is an added expense on the average, tax-paying middleclass worker. Or when illegals with families get more money back in taxes returns than they even PAY! The list would be endless if I chose to keep going. Regardless, it is not about "taking in the huddled poor..." but simply about the need of all business and even municipalities for growth, not stagnation and certainly not declination.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If only we could build the wall out of broken promises.

The one thing I know about walls: they are as good at keeping people in as they are at keeping people out.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
They don't serve jury duty either but like the protection the US system provides but refuse to apply for citizenship after being here 5-10-20 plus years....really getting tired of the wall debate though...it will in fact work, Israel has one and it works well plus over 30% of the US southern wall/fence is already there. So where were all the people yelling and screaming when over 520 miles of that was constructed? Well most of the ones complaining today were on the other side of it. We could build one right now, modular design that could be completed in 5 years along with some drone tech and paint mines. It can be done and it would totally work.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Note to self: Just because an idea sounds good in my head, doesn't mean it is.

You guys are way too serious!

*goes off in search of more humorous threads*

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Note to self: Just because an idea sounds good in my head, doesn't mean it is.

You guys are way too serious!

*goes off in search of more humorous threads*

Drop them off in Syria. Let Europe deal with it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ok, how about ( I'm not a scientist obviously) making it out of a metal that holds in heat very well and placing solar panels, now during the day with the average weather there ( hot as hell ) it would burn hands not to mention adding some spikes, and during the night Electric fence?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join