It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver kills 50 and injures 50+ (hyperbole)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

a reply to: Orionhunter88

Nothing to add but stars and thanks for your comments.
edit on 6/21/16 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure being in possession of a firearm while intoxicated is already illegal.

License and insurance is only needed when driving on public roads which to me is equivalent to CCW permits to show that person is trained.

I'm not sure how insurance would make gun ownership safer? It'll certainly make it more expensive for law abiding citizens and someone intent on shooting people isn't going to buy insurance in the first place.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

I agree with everything you said.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

Nice link, reading it now.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

All modern guns made in the USA have a serial number and its illegal to remove them.. now older guns may or may not have a serial number.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

For the most part, you're right but a small caveat: Guns built from a parts kit are made by individuals for themselves and need no identifying marks. Selling said weapon to another person would however require at least an address and selling more per year than the ATF decides is "ok" requires a FFL.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, i do not... because none of those things have lowered the number of deaths do to automobiles.. Those measures have not stopped the people who drive without a license or insurance. It has not stopped people from driving vehicles without the proper registration.. They have just increased revenue for the states.. and they have put a lot of people in jail for exercising there right to travel when they have not hurt anyone... But thank you for the comparison of how more regulations do not work to lower the death toll...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join