It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bioterrorism Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
How close are we to a real worldwide epidemic? I mean with all the viruses floating in Africa, the recent Tsunami that has devastated the Asian realm, where the second worst area in the world for viruses, how close or possible is it that we have a epidemic that hits right at home? We see all the movies that talk about, yet are we actually prepared for such a thing?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Not to mention the weaponized virsues we have stored away in the US, USSR and China.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have been reading up on the bioterrorism threat and the countermeasures that need to take place. And I am astonished that legislation is voting against spending money on getting facilities and emergency centers up to par, staffed, organized, and prepared in the event and epidemic took place. Its not so much here that we need concentration on the bio threat but these facilities are also made for the use in case there is anotehr 9/11. So many things have been planned, prepped, orchstrated, and much time spent on getting this ready for approval, then shot down. Like I use to say in the military, you ID something that needs to be fixed and no one wants to fix it cause it doesnt hamper ops, yet it takes an incident for the problem to get fixed. makes no sense, logic sometime doesnt exist.

join