It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Donald Trump Commercial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Yep, it's Japan weird! This election cycle has been something we've never seen the likes of before. All the social commentary, all the dank memes, now Super Mecha Trump.

The funny part is I can't really tell if this is suppose to be pro-Trump or anti-Trump, is there anyone that can translate? Is it making fun of him or his detractors? So confusing.

All I know is one thing...

edit on 20-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jun 20 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed symbols from title トランプ 2016

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

WOW, just WOW..
I can't tell if it is pro or anti Trump either...And I was born there. Too bad I don't speak or understand Japanese anymore...Japanese have a completely different world view.
Thanks(?)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

It's created by Americans and its anti Trump.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The whole world is becoming an absurd, surreal nightmare I can't wake from.

WTF did I just watch?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Saw that didn't post it glad you did, yeah they were just talking a piss, Trump as the ultimate bad guy much the same way we take a piss at lil Kim in North Korea..

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I don't know, this has been shared all over social media and I think it's actually helping him. It's just hard to tell cause they throw in these little bits like a joke that just reminds me how ridiculous the MSM has become.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

If you're unsure just google the creators of the video.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

That's the thing, I think the Trumpophobes are more responsible for his popularity than his supporters. It's fascinating.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

That's the thing, I think the Trumpophobes are more responsible for his popularity than his supporters. It's fascinating.

No corporate media gave him all the love they could so he could keep us entertained while he draws viewers who like train wrecks or reality tv..they got ton of money because of him, cash cow that he is.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

LOL what the hell did I just watch?

So it seems this girls fantasy of trump becoming president of the world explodes into all sorts of insanity and fluff. It could be taken as an insult- the exaggeration of it , the "president of the world" part, it also could be an insult to trump supporters mocking how they feel about Trump, either way I was laughing and entertained till the end.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

hahaha made me look. That was probably one of the dumbest things Ive ever watched.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
The funny part is I can't really tell if this is suppose to be pro-Trump or anti-Trump, is there anyone that can translate? Is it making fun of him or his detractors? So confusing.

Really?

I can't really blame you though. Trump himself is so much of a caricature already it's hard to know if he's serious or not.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Its Japan...no explanation needed.

(Although its not actually japanese..just japanese style).

How Japan feels about trump is a completely different can of worms. basically, they understand him..although they weren't too fond of the "we want deal" stereotyping bit from what I understand.

But Japan understands not wanting illegal immigration or mass refugees allowed in the country..they are masters of telling other countries to stay out historically and recently (they took in less than 30 refugees...that seemed about right)

If Trump would just focus on speaking with respect like a statesmen, he would be a lot more popular with our allies..but Trumps biggest glaring flaw is his mouth..and that may be the thing that costs him the election..not his ideas, his relaying of the ideas..thats what people vote on..feelings over facts.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart
I can't really blame you though. Trump himself is so much of a caricature already it's hard to know if he's serious or not.

Westerners love cosplaying anime.

Meanwhile in Japan

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
not his ideas

His ideas are actually appealing to feelings over reason.

"Building a wall along Mexico"; "Ban all Muslims"; "Make America Great again"?

Mmm yeah totally reasonable and down to earth ideas. Absolutely not vague irrealist concepts appealing to the most primal and basic emotions of Americans. No sir, not at all.

"If Trump looses it will be because of emotions, not his ideas."

Excuse me, if Trump wins, it will be THANKS to emotion (is whole strategy includes ad hominem attacks agasint oponents, how can it NOT be about feelings and emotions?)

Seriously the level of cognitive dissonance from Trump's supporters is often scary (not saying the other candidates are better though).
edit on 20-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart

not his ideas

His ideas are actually appealing to feelings over reason.

"Building a wall along Mexico"; "Ban all Muslims"; "Make America Great again"?

And you demonstrate why his relaying is the issue
building a wall along mexico is a good idea. every border state will agree here. you got major cartels having mules carry their drugs north and guns south.
and putting a ban on refugees from certain parts of the world until there is a better checking system makes perfect sense.

however, the words you heard has been interpreted through progressive outlets, and his crappy personal relaying..if he was a statesmen, he would know how to articulate this to where it didn't come across as xenophobic...
you literally demonstrated what I said...his stances are fine, his messaging on the stances is crap.
the only way you came to the conclusion you did is either by admitting this
or you are being purposefully disingenious for...reasons.

Excuse me, if Trump wins, it will be THANKS to emotion (is whole strategy includes ad hominem attacks agasint oponents, how can it NOT be about feelings and emotions?)

there are more progressive safe space twats than there are xenophobes.

Seriously the level of cognitive dissonance from Trump's supporters is often scary (not saying the other candidates are better though).

I am a bernie supporter

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
LOL
From the video:

Are you sure this isn't a pro-Trump commercial??

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
That was so weird.

I think it was anti-Trump. They showed him blowing up the world, after all.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The funny part is I can't really tell if this is suppose to be pro-Trump or anti-Trump, is there anyone that can translate?

Let me take a crack. The Don blows up the world in the end. Anti -Trump.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

he would know how to articulate this to where it didn't come across as xenophobic...

No we have a tons of these types of politicians here in Europe, Farage, Haider, Wilders, De Wever, Le Pen, ...

Their target audience IS xenophobic. It's not that they express themselves poorly, they constantly try and propose as racists-pleasing ideas as they can, and when they cross the line too much and get caught they claim it was a miscommunication.

Make no mistake, Trump is a businessman, he doesn't care about building a wall or banning all Muslims. Actually he knows this idea is probably impossible from a practical perspective. The guy isn't dumb as he lets it appear.

All these populists they don't really want to be elected. When they are, they completely fail to enforce what they promised during campaign because it was all talk to build a huge voter base, and their parties suffer internal struggles as it becomes clear that the racist agenda isn't enforced.

Trump is a business man, he only wants customers, not a seat in the White House.

He is also a populist and like all populists he can only exist by criticizing the elite in power. If he gets elected, he becomes the elite too. Every populist knows he cannot survive long that contradiction. They only want to distrupt the political discussion, hoping the voters relay their ideas to the existing government, they don't want to govern themselves. They hate everything represented by governments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join