It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White classmates pulled black girl by the neck with a rope, lawsuit alleges:

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

oh ok, thanks.

Still, it sounds like she didn't know what happened. lol.

Yes, a mark like that on MY neck from the swing rope, they would hear me in the next county.

I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The lawsuit filed this week – which seeks damages of $3m for medical bills, physical pain, disfigurement and suffering – alleges that the school was negligent in its failure to protect the girl and in its response to the injuries.

Private school.

$ 3 million dollar civil suit.

Hmmmmm.

All I see is someone trying to cash in on an event in question we will never know what really happened.

A civil suit.

Not criminal tells me everything I need to know.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is Texas. What do people expect.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It tells me you don't understand the justice system and law enforcement.

Do people usually bring up criminal charges on other people?

Call me crazy but I though the police and prosecutors need to do that. Seeing as nobody saw anything that would be impossible right?

The blanco county sherriffs dept is doing a criminal investigation. If they find any cause then they will charge the responsible people and then a criminal case will go forth.
edit on 22-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Spider879
I can Imagine. They noosed her and were dragging her to the tree.

Good thing someone intervened.

Yeah but the response of the school is also troubling if the lawyer's claim is true, it smacks of the kind of hushed tone seen in the rapist Brock Turner case.

Disturbingis right. Obviously they covered for the kids who were "just playing" at stringing up a n______.

Bullying amongst school kids exists everywhere, only in the deep south do they play with ropes, lol.

Jesus this is freaking ridiculous!
Folks I know that you are always waiting on the edge of your seats to run out the guns and blast people for racism when it involves whites and blacks but Christ on a crutch these kids were 12 years old. The fact this girl was black had nothing to do with it, these kids were just being mean little turd stains that ALL 12 year old children are.
Thats why the lawyer made the threat that he would settle with the school first and if they didnt settle he would go public. These parents are just looking to use the race card to get a pay out.

Stop looking for Social Justice when just normal justice would suffice quite well.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

Thats not really true.

Your attorney is supposed to fight with every way they know how for you and most importantly the money you are giving them.

The tactic you are talking about of forcing settlement is normal procedure. It's done all the time. It's a normal settlement technique meaning it happens regularly in cases that are also clear cut when someone was in the wrong.

I have no idea if its racism or crappy little kids or a total scam.

Nobody does yet. The blanco county sherifs will probably shed a little light on what it is after they are done with their investigation.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

What the heck are these parents teaching their children? This is wrong...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

After reading more on this it's possible you might be right at least in some things. The lawyer seems intent on using anything for blackmail, although I still don't buy this was accident, even thou it could be possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join